Windows 10: Windows Image Acquisition not working

Discus and support Windows Image Acquisition not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Image Acquisition is always having trouble working. It keeps on stopping, and stopping, and filling my reliability monitor. Is there anyway I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WarriorYT, May 21, 2020.

1. WarriorYT Win User

Windows Image Acquisition not working

Windows Image Acquisition is always having trouble working. It keeps on stopping, and stopping, and filling my reliability monitor. Is there anyway I can fix this? Here is an image of it not working:

Windows Image Acquisition not working 67913d28-775f-4f85-ac1d-39e2c43f817d?upload=true.png

-WarriorYT

:)

WarriorYT, May 21, 2020

2. The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly

Hi Borate,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you face issues with Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better clarity of your issue, please answer these queries below:

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps, to fix this issue?

• What changes you made on your system, prior to this issue?

• What is the latest build installed on your system?

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service provides image acquisition services for scanners and cameras.

The WIA service provides robust communication between applications and image-capture devices, allowing you to capture images efficiently and transfer them to your computer for editing and use.

The service is needed to capture events generated by imaging devices.

If this service is stopped or disabled, events from imaging devices are not captured and processed. If a WIA device is installed on the computer, the service will restart automatically when you restart the computer. Also, the service restarts
    any time a WIA-enabled application is started.

Let's try to follow these steps below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

Uninstall and reinstall Canon scanner driver and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall Canon scanner driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X key and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand Canon scanner driver in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the Canon scanner driver and click on “uninstall” the Canon scanner driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

If the above method doesn’t fix the issue perform Method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to check for the status of the services in Services Windows.

Follow the steps:

1. Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.

2. Type Services.msc in the search box on the run command and press Enter.

3. Search for Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service, Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service and Shell Hardware Detection service in the Services windows and look at the Status.

4. If the status of the service is stopped then start the service by right clicking on the service and select Start.

I suggest you to install latest build on your system and check, if it works.

Let's try to refer and update your system with the latest Windows 10 build in the link below:

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586 | Windows Experience Blog

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 22, 2020
  3. Image Acquisition, Scanner problems with Windows 10

Scanner capability not operational on my Canon Imageclass MF5750 printer after installation of Windows 10. I was told by Canon tech support that it was a problem with Windows regarding "Image Acquisition". Any suggestions other than another printer.
    Thank you, Ray

RaymondBercovitz, May 22, 2020
  4. Windows Image Acquisition not working

Windows Image Acquisition

My HP AiO printer/scanner will not scan. Found that the Windows Image Acquisition file in Services is stuck in the Stopping mode and I am unable to re-start this service to allow the scanner to start. Can someone help to fix this please.

Ken Webster

KenWebster1, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows Image Acquisition not working

1. Windows Image Acquisition not working - Similar Threads - Image Acquisition working

2. Windows Image Acquisition WIA sometimes not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Image Acquisition WIA sometimes not working: The problem starts with Epson Scan 2 software didn't open. When I searched for the solution, one of them was to restart Windows Image Acquisition WIA service. After that, the software worked properly.And then, for a long period, sometimes Epson Scan 2 doesn't want to open...
  3. Windows Image Acquisition WIA sometimes not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Image Acquisition WIA sometimes not working: The problem starts with Epson Scan 2 software didn't open. When I searched for the solution, one of them was to restart Windows Image Acquisition WIA service. After that, the software worked properly.And then, for a long period, sometimes Epson Scan 2 doesn't want to open...
  4. Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10: WIA is using up to 17% of my CPU usage and it gets stuck doing so and therefore my HP laptop fan never turns off. I've stopped the process using task manager but then it eventually starts running again. Also, obviously when I stop it , I can no longer use my Epson es-400ii...
  5. Windows Image Acquisition service

Windows Image Acquisition service: This seems like a bug to me, but just be sure. Every time I turn off and turn on the printer/scanner I have to restart the Windows Image Acquisition service in order to have Windows access to it. Mind 'Restart' not 'Start' as it is automatically started, the service just...
  6. Windows Image Acquisition File will not start - error 1067

Windows Image Acquisition File will not start - error 1067: Today my scanner quit working on printer; problem identified as WIA file is corrupted - does anyone know how to help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-image-acquisition-file-will-not-start/24996033-6396-4436-bfcd-6989bff7181b
  7. Windows Image Acquisition stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Image Acquisition stopped working: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: BEX64 Application Name: svchost.exe_stisvc Application Version: 10.0.18362.1 Application Timestamp: 32d6c210 Fault Module Name: StackHash_ac46 Fault Module Version:...
  8. Windows Image Acquisition High CPU and Disk usage

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Image Acquisition High CPU and Disk usage: [ATTACH] Windows Image Acquisition is the driver model which is responsible for communication between the system and graphics hardware. At times it causes high Disk & CPU usage in Windows 10 systems, thereby slowing it down. This post will help you [...] This post Windows...
  9. The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly.: The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). That's the Event Viewer error message at every reboot (appears to occur during the shutdown phase). There is a concurrent fault listed for the Canon scanner driver,...
  10. Windows Image Acquisition process - high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Image Acquisition process - high CPU usage: Hello, from some reason, a process called "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), which I've never seen before is running and using about 30% CPU. I read in MSDN that "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) is the still image acquisition platform in the Windows family of operating...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft windows image acquisition error