Windows 10: Windows Image Acquisition process - high CPU usage

Discus and support Windows Image Acquisition process - high CPU usage in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, from some reason, a process called "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), which I've never seen before is running and using about 30% CPU. I read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mibaup, Aug 30, 2015.

1. mibaup Win User

Windows Image Acquisition process - high CPU usage

Hello,
    from some reason, a process called "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), which I've never seen before is running and using about 30% CPU.
    I read in MSDN that "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) is the still image acquisition platform in the Windows family of operating systems starting with Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me) and Windows XP."

Does that mean that from some reason my laptop's camera is running now? Maybe my laptop was hacked?

Thanks!

:)

mibaup, Aug 30, 2015
  2. thewamp Win User

Why does Adobe Acrobat Pro continue to run as a background process with high CPU usage after app exit?

The background process uses about 30% of CPU. An additional background process is added every time a .pdf file is opened and exited. The high CPU usage causes the CPU cooling fan to run at high speed. I am able to end the processes manually using Task
    Manager. The last added background process continues to run and use use about 30% of the CPU until stopping the process. The other background processes do not show CPU usage.

I am running Acrobat Pro 9 under Windows 10.

thewamp, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 problems: high idle CPU usage and other failures

I too noticed this and wrote about it here:
    Windows 10 High CPU Usage
    . If all goes well, it should quiet down once those processes finish (all of ours did).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 30, 2015
  4. Chris2005 Win User

As far as I know, you can disable the service, but I'm not sure how that will affect certain functions.

Chris2005, Sep 2, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    I have this service running on a clean install of Windows 10 - it is set to automatic.

Do you have a scanner or external camera you want to plug in? If not as a workaround you could stop it and set it to manual in services.msc. I just tested it and my built in webcam still works with it stopped.

Windows Image Acquisition process - high CPU usage [​IMG]

lx07, Sep 2, 2015
  6. Shut down and restarted my all-in-one printer and restarted it. WIA service stopped. Apparently it was involved in a scan service with my printer, though I haven't scanned in along time.

lagunasrfr, Feb 11, 2016
  7. Cjay84 Win User
    I noticed this service using 30% of my cpu as well. My Canon MP495 printer/scanner (which is connected via WiFi) had been turned off and powering it back up made the service return to 0% usage. Maybe WIA gets stuck in some loop looking for scanners that should be connected?

Cjay84, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Image Acquisition process - high CPU usage - Similar Threads - Image Acquisition process

2. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  3. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  4. Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10: WIA is using up to 17% of my CPU usage and it gets stuck doing so and therefore my HP laptop fan never turns off. I've stopped the process using task manager but then it eventually starts running again. Also, obviously when I stop it , I can no longer use my Epson es-400ii...
  5. Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10: WIA is using up to 17% of my CPU usage and it gets stuck doing so and therefore my HP laptop fan never turns off. I've stopped the process using task manager but then it eventually starts running again. Also, obviously when I stop it , I can no longer use my Epson es-400ii...
  6. Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. System Idle Process High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Idle Process High CPU Usage: I had a Windows 7 Professional and then thought about upgrading to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is coming to end. When I upgraded to Windows 10 i got a random Blue Screen. My PC restarted i opened Task Manager and there it is 100% CPU Usage non-stop. Its really annoying i read...
  8. system process high cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system process high cpu usage: so i went to task manager and i saw system process has high cpu usage and it was after when i connected 2 monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-process-high-cpu-usage/f6b03902-5c5d-45ad-a4b1-3087455f1c83
  9. Windows Image Acquisition High CPU and Disk usage

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Image Acquisition High CPU and Disk usage: [ATTACH] Windows Image Acquisition is the driver model which is responsible for communication between the system and graphics hardware. At times it causes high Disk & CPU usage in Windows 10 systems, thereby slowing it down. This post will help you [...] This post Windows...
  10. 'System' process high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...