Windows 10: Windows Image Acquistion Has Me Confused...

Discus and support Windows Image Acquistion Has Me Confused... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've searched MS and here for information on WIA, and I (think or not) I understand what it's purpose is, but I'm perplexed as to what it is doing all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamis, Mar 22, 2019.

1. jamis Win User

Windows Image Acquistion Has Me Confused...

I've searched MS and here for information on WIA, and I (think or not) I understand what it's purpose is, but I'm perplexed as to what it is doing all the time. Task Manager shows it constantly using the C drive even when the system is idle. It's not consuming large amounts of CPU cycles like most complaints show, but it's always there in the top three of active processes, usually for disk activity. Explanation?

:)

jamis, Mar 22, 2019

2. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Windows Image Acquistion Has Me Confused... :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Windows Image Acquistion Has Me Confused... :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Mar 22, 2019
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Mar 22, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows Image Acquistion Has Me Confused... [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Image Acquistion Has Me Confused... - Similar Threads - Image Acquistion Has

2. Problem Wiindows Acquistion Service & Epson Printer on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Wiindows Acquistion Service & Epson Printer on Windows 11: I have just upgraded from Windows 10 pro 64 bit to Windows 11 pro 64 bit by an ISO install - fresh Windows 11 OS. I cannot now scan to my Epson WF-2860 printer. I have as far as I know uploaded Epson drivers and it prints ok. However when I try to connect to the scanner it...
  3. NTFS Permission Confuse me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NTFS Permission Confuse me: Full control: ModifyRead & execute: List folder contents:Read: Write: The write and read permission within the NFTS permission confuses me can you explain or simplify these permission in regards to a file and and folder please...
  4. NTFS Permission Confuse me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NTFS Permission Confuse me: Full control: ModifyRead & execute: List folder contents:Read: Write: The write and read permission within the NFTS permission confuses me can you explain or simplify these permission in regards to a file and and folder please...
  5. NTFS Permission Confuse me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Permissions and a confusing question for me!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permissions and a confusing question for me!: Hi I am stuck on a question on permissions and thought someone out there could spell it out for me? I can’t see why theanswer to the one below isn’t Read? Aren’t the permissions cumulativeand the MOST restrictive apply? That would be READ? [ATTACH] I hope you can...
  7. Latest Windows Updates have me a tad confused

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows Updates have me a tad confused: Did KB4565503 replace KB4556799 I hid KB4556799, the May Feature Update since it had obvious issues. Now I am being offered the KB4565503 cumulative update and the hidden feature update no longer appears under hidden. Does this cumulative replace the feature update from...
  8. APP AND BROWSER CONTROL is confusing me

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    APP AND BROWSER CONTROL is confusing me: In "Windows Defender", under "Windows Security" quietly sleeps a heading labelled "Aps and Browser Control". The message there reads, "Check Aps And Browser Control are off. Your computer could be vulnerable." So, I changed it from "OFF" to 'WARN". Is this correct?...
  9. Trying to solve lock screen problems has confused me completely

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to solve lock screen problems has confused me completely: Microsoft downloading a new lock screen photo daily has suddenly stopped. I have tried several "solutions" on the net to include regedits. One of these solutions suggests going to web/screen and deleting img105 (this is the beginning of their solution). When I go to...
  10. Confused about Imaging

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused about Imaging: Ok so I have been making System Images with Windows 7 (and now Windows 10) for a long time now, onto a portable hard drive. I rename them afterwards to things like "HpJune2016cleaninstall" so I know which one is which. I just read somewhere that to restore an image it has to...