Windows 10: Windows Image Backup difficulty

Discus and support Windows Image Backup difficulty in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Windows version: W10 N 64 bit. Before the recent November update, I created a image backup for my system drive which is the usual C: drive. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by xonedl, Nov 19, 2015.

1. xonedl Win User

Windows Image Backup difficulty

Windows version: W10 N 64 bit.

Before the recent November update, I created a image backup for my system drive which is the usual C: drive.
    After the update, I also created a seperated image backup.

Now due to some unknown issue with Windows10-KB3010081-x64 (Media Feature Pack) not installing properly on the latest updated Windows- despite the installer ran flawlessly, none of the media components installed. I decided to roll back to my old before-update-copy to give it a try.

Now problem struck.

Currently I have 2 copies of image backups:
    - 12 November before-update backup
    - 14 November after-update backup

For some unknown reason the before-update backup image only consist of 1 partition (only 1 VHDX file), which is C: drive. And do not include the additional small system partition which is about 400MB in size. Whenever I try to restore to that image, the process telling me the following error:

Windows cannot restore your computer from the selected system image
    The system image is from a dynamic disk. To restore from this system image, the layout of your computer has to match the layout of system image. The layout of this computer does not match the system image.
    Choose a different system image to restore your computer from.

While the latest 14 November after-update backup image does have TWO VHDX file, one for C: drive and one for that small 400MB system drive. This copy can be restored without any problem. I am pretty sure I did the backup process exactly the same way, but the latest one came out with two VHDX files, hmm...

Now about dynamic disk, I checked all my drives and none of them are dynamic disk. Huh?
    Dynamic disk is the one with green-border, right? I don't see any green border in my disk management...

Is there any possible way to restore that VHDX from 12 November backup, bypassing the error given?

:)

xonedl, Nov 19, 2015
  2. Jan-Kop Win User

failed backup with error code 0x80070570

I'm using Windows 10 Pro and recently have become unable to create a system image using backup and restore. I get an error message that reads "The backup failed. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. (0x80070570)" Previously, this system image
    ran without difficulty. I have run multiple diagnostic scans without finding any problems that require repair. The backup will fail even when attempted with a clean boot. I'm also now unable to complete a disc image using Acronis True Image, which previously
    worked without difficulty. What can I do to be able to make a system backup?

Jan-Kop, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Windows Backup & Restore fails with "Invalid Window Handle" Error Code: 0x80070578 -On-going Saga

Thanks very much, however, in my previous response, I clearly stated that
    I am able to create an image with no difficulty. The problem lies in the
    files and folders portion of Windows Backup.

I will try the method you described anyway, so I can see what happens and report back here.

Thanks very much.

Jeff

Jeff DAmato, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

Windows Image Backup difficulty

1. Windows Image Backup difficulty - Similar Threads - Image Backup difficulty

2. image backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  3. image backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  4. Windows Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Image Backup: Hello,I was creating widows image backup and at the end it says:The backup failed. New bad clusters were found on the source volume. These clusters were not backed up.what should i do and the shrink space is 8GbOs info:Windows 10 Home 20h1Any solutions and can i use that...
  5. Image Backup

Image Backup: I Am Trying To Make A Windows Image Backup. I Have 3 Drives, CSSD System Drive, DSSD Games And EHDD Storage, When I Try To Make An Image It counts C And E As System Drives Almost 600 GB. I Cant Find Any Way To Unselect Drive E Help. I Have Attached A Screenshot THX[IMG]...
  6. Windows image backup

Windows image backup: I had made a system backup, but it do not working. Probably I made something wrong, making changes in several partitions between backup been made and now. I need to delete this backup file but system do not allow this intention....
  7. Difficulty Restoring from Backup

Difficulty Restoring from Backup: Please be sympathetic with my lack of knowledge. But I will try my best to explain my issues. I have an old Lenovo Y580 laptop, which has been progressively slowing down each time a Windows update is issued. I know it is old, but I only do some basic computing (eg tax...
  8. Difficulties with backup files on disk D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Difficulties with backup files on disk D: I want to create file history on external drive and use Windows 10 Backup to do it. I tried to back up files and folders from both disk D and disk C. However I was able to restore files only from disk C. Files and folders from D are not showing using Restore option...
  9. image backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    image backup?: Your're welcome. Now make an image backup of your system so you can always recover to a fully functional computer. image backup? you mean iso? and how? 50301
  10. Image backup.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image backup.: Trying to do an image backup in W10 "The drives that are required for windows to run will be included by default." The os is on disk drive c Another internal disk drive, H is classified by w10 as a system disk and also has to be backed up by default. Both C and H are...