Windows 10: Windows image backup on network drive fails

Discus and support Windows image backup on network drive fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I thought I was a well versed person, so I set up a drive with a folder called Client Computer Backup. From another machine, I tried to set up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Larry L, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Larry L Win User

Windows image backup on network drive fails

I thought I was a well versed person, so I set up a drive with a folder called Client Computer Backup. From another machine, I tried to set up a system image backup to that shared folder. First, I added a user account called Backup. I have the "requiring a password" option in network settings, so I added a password to that account. First tries from the other machine failed, even though I can get to the share from File Explorer. In the backup window, I put TARGET\Backup for the user name, and the password; and that keeps failing. I added Backup to the permissions for that network folder, and still get the error that it fails with "The username or password is incorrect x8007052E

:)

Larry L, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jun 19, 2020
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Decaf Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

anyone know how to, or a program that will automatically backup my laptop (windows 8) onto my buffalo hard drive that is connected through my wireless network?

the hard drive is wired directly into the network, and can be accessed from any computer on the network.

Decaf, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows image backup on network drive fails - Similar Threads - image backup network

2. Image Backup Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image Backup Failed: Got a message that my regular image backup failed. The reason was stated as"Windows Backup failed to get an exclusive lock on the EFI system partition ESP.This may happen if another application is using files on the ESP. Please retry the operation.Details: Access is denied."I...
  3. Image Backup Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image Backup Failed: Got a message that my regular image backup failed. The reason was stated as"Windows Backup failed to get an exclusive lock on the EFI system partition ESP.This may happen if another application is using files on the ESP. Please retry the operation.Details: Access is denied."I...
  4. Image Backup Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. image backup failed

image backup failed: while going for image backup , it is automatically selecting ""unmanned drive system"" along with c:/ drive and the error says "" one of the volumes specified for backup is invalid because it is either not a fixed drive ,is not formatted NTFS/ReFS,or is read only . To...
  6. Windows System Image backup failing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows System Image backup failing: Win 10 Pro 1904. I run a System Image Backup via File History every week or so, and did so after installing 1904 last week. Today's run is failing. I did swap in a new nonsystem backup HDD earlier today that had been cloned previously and reestablished some drive letters (and...
  7. System image backup failed

System image backup failed: System image backup failed FIRST ATTEMPT The backup failed The operation timed-out before the shadow copy was created on the storage location (0x80780036) Additional Information: The shadow copy provider timed out \while flushing data to the volume being shadow...
  8. system image backup failed

system image backup failed: I had a successful image backup a year ago. However, recently, when I tried to do image backup, it failed. Please see the attached file. It happened on version 1809. I checked history service and volume shadow copy service and both of them were on automatic and had started. I...
  9. backup to a network drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to a network drive: How to setup automatic backups to a network drive? From my laptop running Win 10 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-to-a-network-drive/1d5dbd64-d939-4b84-bb3b-b80505d0406f
  10. Windows Image Backup failing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Image Backup failing: My wife's Samsung laptop gets a failure whenever trying to do an image backup. Actually, this has been happening for quite a while - even before she installed Windows 10 when she had W7. I was hoping that the problem would go away with W10 but it hasn't. Backup runs almost to...