Windows 10: Windows Image Backup stopped working, VSS and SPP errors

Discus and support Windows Image Backup stopped working, VSS and SPP errors in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I am new to Windows 10 Forum but was a member of Windows 8 Forum for many years. I have been an avid computer user since 1981 BBC Micro days. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Pentris, May 14, 2020.

1. Pentris Win User

Windows Image Backup stopped working, VSS and SPP errors

Hi, I am new to Windows 10 Forum but was a member of Windows 8 Forum for many years. I have been an avid computer user since 1981 BBC Micro days. I have had a new Windows 10 since March 2019 but now have a problem that has frequently arisen with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and now 10. I am hoping that someone has come up with an answer so that I can sort it out on this new PC. It is a HP All-in-One Desktop PC running Windows 10 Home.
    Windows Image Backup. Now I know many of you will say use another program which I do, EaseUS ToDo Backup. This program works well in most instances and I have used it to restore sanity many times. During this lockdown I have been unable to sort out the microphone which does not work unless I shout at it. I have been working with HP for two days and after wiping the whole PC, testing and finding no diagnostic faults was left with a PC that would not boot. I have Repair disks from when I bought the PC and an Easeus recovery disk. The latter failed to work to boot up the PC. The windows repair disk did and I was able to restore an old windows image file, and then used Easeus backup to get back to the current time.
    The image backup now constantly fails and despite searching the internet and trying various solutions nothing works. I have exported files of the technical failure events to VSS and SPP elements of the system if required. Now I am stuck and don't know where to turn. Any assistance in solving this issue would be appreciated.

:)

Pentris, May 14, 2020
  2. Stew1957 Win User

Backup fails due to VSS & SPP Errors

I needed to upgrade my hard drive from a 500 GB to a 1TB hard drive so I restored a system Image to the 1TB hard drive. Since doing so I can not Backup my hard drive to either an External Drive or an Internal Drive. Every time I try, even after changing
    the settings it runs for a few minutes and a pop up window comes up stating I must check for VSS & SPP Errors. Have looked at previous post on this and they all appear very technical in nature and I would prefer a simple fix that is not likely to mess up my
    computer because I have done something wrong editing Registries etc.

Is there no simple fix that is not to technical and not dangerous to carry out?

Thanks.

Stew1957, May 14, 2020
  3. windows backup is repeatedly failing

windows backup is repeatedly failing due to some spp and vss problem. show step by step how to clear the problem and continue backup

anjaneyamurthynarumanchi, May 14, 2020
  4. Windows Image Backup stopped working, VSS and SPP errors

Error 0x81000019 "Shadow copy could not be created. Please check VSS and SPP application event logs for more information."

Hi! Hopefully someone can help since i'm lost and haven't found a working answer for this online.

I am trying to do a full backup of Windows 10, because i want to restore it. When starting the backup, it stops at 8% and gives me the following error:

A shadow copy could not be created. Please check "VSS" and "SPP"

application event logs for more information.

Details: The writer experienced a non-transient error. If the backup

process is retried, the error is likely to reoccur.

Error code: 0x81000019

On services.msc Volume Shadow Copy is set to Running and Automatic and the Dependencies too. I didn't find a SPP service but i found Software Protection which is also set to Running and Automatic.

Otherwise I don't know what else to do.

Thanks for any help!

Maxushikiza, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Image Backup stopped working, VSS and SPP errors

1. Windows Image Backup stopped working, VSS and SPP errors - Similar Threads - Image Backup stopped

2. Backup Error A Shadow copy cannot be created VSS & SPP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup Error A Shadow copy cannot be created VSS & SPP: Hi There,I am running the latest Win 11 & tried to do my usual Sunday Back up to my external HDI received the following error messageAny suggestions gratefully accepted...
  3. Backup Error A Shadow copy cannot be created VSS & SPP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup Error A Shadow copy cannot be created VSS & SPP: Hi There,I am running the latest Win 11 & tried to do my usual Sunday Back up to my external HDI received the following error messageAny suggestions gratefully accepted...
  4. VSS and bcd.dll issue: Can't backup using VSS Acronis True Image 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VSS and bcd.dll issue: Can't backup using VSS Acronis True Image 2020: So it all started with me upgrading my PC to a different motherboard same chipset and CPU brand. I'm having issues backing up using VSS using Acronis. I found the issue to be the bcd.dll but I don't know how to fix it. I have updated Windows and currently running Version 21H1...
  5. Windows 10 Backup Failure with VSS Error

Windows 10 Backup Failure with VSS Error: If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I"ve searched for information on this error without success. My Windows 10 computer got Feature Update 2004 on 7/27/2020, since then I haven't been able to get Backup and Restore Windows 7 to run because of a VSS error. Volume...
  6. VSS Error when making image backup

VSS Error when making image backup: When i start image backup the event logs indicate writers time-outs and the event logs indicate "fail to parse XML file". A non valid character in text content. Looking closer to the logs i can see that one of the partitions RE recovery partition shows a strange GPT-name...
  7. VSS/TPM errors causing inability to backup

VSS/TPM errors causing inability to backup: Hi all! I have recently purchased Acronis True Image 2020 to use as my backup software. However, I have not been able to make a single succesfull backup. Whenever I try to make a backup whether that is to the Acronis Cloud or to an external HDD I get the following error...
  8. VSS/TPM errors causing inability to backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VSS/TPM errors causing inability to backup: [IMG] Hi all! I have recently purchased Acronis True Image 2020 to use as my backup software. However, I have not been able to make a single succesfull backup. Whenever I try to make a backup (whether that is to the Acronis Cloud or to an external HDD) I get the following...
  9. Windows 10 Backup Error -"A shadow copy could not be created. Please check 'VSS' and 'SPP'...

Windows 10 Backup Error -"A shadow copy could not be created. Please check 'VSS' and 'SPP'...: I have started to receive Below Mentioned error. I have checked on Application log that points to storage space issue on device ( NAS drive). Infect Device has more than Enough space to store windows backup. [ATTACH]...
  10. system image & files backup stopped working

system image & files backup stopped working: I have been getting a code error ox8007000E when I try to back up to an external hard drive. All tabs are disabled in Windows 10 back up window. There is plenty of room on the external hard drive and I am able to save other files to it, so it cannot be the problem, it must...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what are vss and spp logs

2. windows 10 spp

3. windows backup stuck at 97% creating a system image