Windows 10: Windows Image Backup versus Reset This PC

Discus and support Windows Image Backup versus Reset This PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Newbie question: If I want to reset my computer, is it easier to go to Settings/Updates & Security/Recovery/Reset this PC. Or, should I make a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tracy_c, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Tracy_c Win User

Windows Image Backup versus Reset This PC

Newbie question: If I want to reset my computer, is it easier to go to Settings/Updates & Security/Recovery/Reset this PC. Or, should I make a Windows Image Backup? I recently asked about what was done in place of the old "Full Restore." People answered me but I feel out of my depth making a Windows Image Backup. I don't want to mess up my new computer now that it's working. I regularly back up my files on an external hard drive so I don't need a program that backs up my files. I just need to know what to do if someone happens to hack me and I need erase everything on my system and start from scratch.

:)

Tracy_c, Jul 13, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Windows Image Backup versus Reset This PC

Windows 7 Backup Image Question

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone with knowledge of the Windows 7 backup image can help me out. I make regular, monthly backup images of my harddrive and last night I messed something up with an AVG update. I updated, was having problems with CPU usage after the update and I tried a system restore to the previous day to fix things. Well this did not fix it. So I was forced to use the backup image.

This was my first time doing so, so I wasn't entirely sure on how to do it, but it was actually pretty darn easy. I've got the computer back up and running like it used to. Have my old AVG version back and no more high CPU usage. I've run ccleaner to fix any registry errors there might be, everything is checking out just fine.

Here's my question though. At the beginning of the process, there is an option to "format the PC's hard drive and repartition disks to match the layout of the system image." This is unchecked by default and I left it unchecked. A friend of mine suggests that I redo the process and reformat. Is this necessary for my situation? I could see maybe if I had a bad virus or something of that nature. Could I have messed up the registry by not formatting? Thanks guys.

lwgnlseven, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Image Backup versus Reset This PC

1. Windows Image Backup versus Reset This PC - Similar Threads - Image Backup versus

2. image backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  3. image backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  4. Windows Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Image Backup: Hello,I was creating widows image backup and at the end it says:The backup failed. New bad clusters were found on the source volume. These clusters were not backed up.what should i do and the shrink space is 8GbOs info:Windows 10 Home 20h1Any solutions and can i use that...
  5. Image Backup

Image Backup: I Am Trying To Make A Windows Image Backup. I Have 3 Drives, CSSD System Drive, DSSD Games And EHDD Storage, When I Try To Make An Image It counts C And E As System Drives Almost 600 GB. I Cant Find Any Way To Unselect Drive E Help. I Have Attached A Screenshot THX[IMG]...
  6. Windows image backup

Windows image backup: I had made a system backup, but it do not working. Probably I made something wrong, making changes in several partitions between backup been made and now. I need to delete this backup file but system do not allow this intention....
  7. Restoring Image Backup to an identical PC

Restoring Image Backup to an identical PC: I have created an image backup of my Windows 10 in order to give my laptop for service. In case the laptop is replaced with a similar one (having also preinstalled the same Windows 10 version), is it possible to restore the backup image without any problem with the...
  8. Pc image remote backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Pc image remote backup: I need to do a remote HDD image backup of my grand daughters pc.....I use macrium reflect and can use with team viewer on the remote pc, but can't make an image backup from the remote pc to a HDD on my pc.. cant see how to do this, need a way of making my pc HDD visible...
  9. image backup?

image backup?: Your're welcome. Now make an image backup of your system so you can always recover to a fully functional computer. image backup? you mean iso? and how? 50301
  10. Windows 10 Backup Versus Acronis Backup 12

Windows 10 Backup Versus Acronis Backup 12: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Acronis Backup 12 I am curious if there is any advantage of using a commercial backup software when we already have Windows 10 Backup. I am not using sophisticated features or elaborate configurations. Instead, I want to have peace of mind knowing...