Windows 10: Windows Image creation

Discus and support Windows Image creation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently bought an ssd, and I chose the method of putting windows on an external drive for the time being When installing the image onto the drive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PatrickSaxton, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Windows Image creation

I recently bought an ssd, and I chose the method of putting windows on an external drive for the time being

When installing the image onto the drive, that had files on it, I was unaware it did this... Is there any way to recover those files that were deleted in the image creation?

:)

PatrickSaxton, Jul 5, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jul 5, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows Image creation [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Windows Image creation

Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Windows Image creation :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Windows Image creation :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Image creation

1. Windows Image creation - Similar Threads - Image creation

2. Image Creation - Edge Copilot/Windows Copilot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image Creation - Edge Copilot/Windows Copilot: YOUR created images, YOUR ideas, YOUR imagination via Copilot Designer... Just simply open Copilot and write or say, "Create an image of..." OR "Create a photo of..."That's it That's all there is to it Try it for yourselfAn example:Cheers,Drew...
  3. Image Creation - Edge Copilot/Windows Copilot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image Creation - Edge Copilot/Windows Copilot: YOUR created images, YOUR ideas, YOUR imagination via Copilot Designer... Just simply open Copilot and write or say, "Create an image of..." OR "Create a photo of..."That's it That's all there is to it Try it for yourselfAn example:Cheers,Drew...
  4. System Image Creation Failure Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image Creation Failure Windows11: While creating a system image on an external drive, using Backup and Restore Windows 7 in Control Panel, I received the following message at the end of the process: "There was a failure while compacting the virtual hard disk on the backup location 0x80780151 The I/O operation...
  5. System Image Creation Failure Windows11

System Image Creation Failure Windows11: While creating a system image on an external drive, using Backup and Restore Windows 7 in Control Panel, I received the following message at the end of the process: "There was a failure while compacting the virtual hard disk on the backup location 0x80780151 The I/O operation...
  6. The image creation feature that comes with Windows 11 cannot be restored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The image creation feature that comes with Windows 11 cannot be restored: The source image is Win11 22H2 build 23526.1000, I tried to mount a blank VMware virtual machine after creating the system image, there is no system installed on it, using the configuration of Windows 11. Enter the Windwos RE recovery environment through the U disk, the...
  7. The image creation feature that comes with Windows 11 cannot be restored

The image creation feature that comes with Windows 11 cannot be restored: The source image is Win11 22H2 build 23526.1000, I tried to mount a blank VMware virtual machine after creating the system image, there is no system installed on it, using the configuration of Windows 11. Enter the Windwos RE recovery environment through the U disk, the...
  8. I could make a windows 10 ISO image with Media Creation tool but I don't have a product...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I could make a windows 10 ISO image with Media Creation tool but I don't have a product...: I have a virus on my laptop. My anti-virus can't stop it. I downloaded 'media creation tool' on another PC. It gives me several options:1. to make a windows 10 ISO image with it and then copy that to a flash drive, hopefully to reinstall it from the flash drive I think...
  9. I could make a windows 10 ISO image with Media Creation tool but I don't have a product...

I could make a windows 10 ISO image with Media Creation tool but I don't have a product...: I have a virus on my laptop. My anti-virus can't stop it. I downloaded 'media creation tool' on another PC. It gives me several options:1. to make a windows 10 ISO image with it and then copy that to a flash drive, hopefully to reinstall it from the flash drive I think...
  10. I could make a windows 10 ISO image with Media Creation tool but I don't have a product...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation