Windows 10: Windows image external backup not showing up in advanced recovery tools / file history, why?

Discus and support Windows image external backup not showing up in advanced recovery tools / file history, why? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I recover my full windows image from external backup to an identical MS warrantee replaced surface pro? Or do I have to reload everything from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarioPatacic, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Windows image external backup not showing up in advanced recovery tools / file history, why?

Can I recover my full windows image from external backup to an identical MS warrantee replaced surface pro? Or do I have to reload everything from scratch? I created a full system backup before sending unit to MS for a warrantee replacement due to a battery issue. System was fully functioning and running well and now I would like to get the new unit back to what it was ie User, Desktop, System & registry, Programs and files... Possible?

Mario

:)

MarioPatacic, Oct 12, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Oct 12, 2020
  3. File History, Image Backup

File History image backup fails to complete as of last Windows update. However, Backup & Restore (Windows 7) image backup works correctly. As a result the backup is on the external hard drive, but I get Notifications on waking up the computer " Check
    your Backup".

File History and Backup & Restore (Windows 7) image backup should be the same.

Warren Furber

WarrenFurber, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Windows image external backup not showing up in advanced recovery tools / file history, why?

Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows image external backup not showing up in advanced recovery tools / file history, why?

1. Windows image external backup not showing up in advanced recovery tools / file history, why? - Similar Threads - image external backup

2. Windows11: Selecting files to backup to an external drive with file history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11: Selecting files to backup to an external drive with file history: I have seen and followed all the explanations to use file history with windows 11 to backup files to an external drive, But I can't find how to select or add files to backup as it was possible with windows 10. The only option left is exclude files to backup...Anyone knows how...
  3. Windows11: Selecting files to backup to an external drive with file history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows11: Selecting files to backup to an external drive with file history: I have seen and followed all the explanations to use file history with windows 11 to backup files to an external drive, But I can't find how to select or add files to backup as it was possible with windows 10. The only option left is exclude files to backup...Anyone knows how...
  4. backup, file history, and image file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup, file history, and image file: I want to backup my entire computer to an external hard drive. I want to add new files and programs to the external drive every so often, but the drive will remain disconnected from my computer. Microsoft answers gave three different ways to do so, but after looking at the...
  5. File History backup tool in Windows 10 is MASSIVELY buggy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File History backup tool in Windows 10 is MASSIVELY buggy: I had set up File History to start backing up files from a source location to a target location on an attached USB drive. I noted that some folders in the target location were incomplete, and had planned on investigating further. Today I found that thousands of files in the...
  6. Backup and Recovery of Windows Image.

Backup and Recovery of Windows Image.: Hi, I want to maintain a System Backup image so that whenever something goes wrong with my laptop I can restore Windows to the exact same point at the time of my Backup. Restore Point is an Option if Windows is working fine, But I want a backup that can recover everything...
  7. periodic backup to external drive using file history

periodic backup to external drive using file history: If I set up my files to be backed up to an external hard drive using file history, do I have to keep the external drive connected continuously? Or can I hook up external drive periodically?...
  8. Windows Image Backup Tool

Windows Image Backup Tool: Hello community, I'm looking for windows 10 Backup and restore tool please advice me which is the best tool for backup and restore. Kind regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-image-backup-tool/2db83feb-d597-4055-9931-c49fe06feef5
  9. File History vs System Image Backup

File History vs System Image Backup: Hi! I have a question regarding File History vs System Image Backup, that I haven't been able to find online unfortunately. System Image Backup is something that I understand can be scheduled to ones needs, daily, weekly or so forth, and can be done on specific folders...
  10. File History, Image Backup

File History, Image Backup: File History image backup fails to complete as of last Windows update. However, Backup & Restore (Windows 7) image backup works correctly. As a result the backup is on the external hard drive, but I get Notifications on waking up the computer " Check your Backup". File...