Windows 10: Windows Image Restore doesn't find latest backup

Discus and support Windows Image Restore doesn't find latest backup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I created a full system restore about 2 weeks ago. This is something that I do every couple of months and has been handy from time to time.I did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SRRAE, Oct 17, 2021.

1. SRRAE Win User

Windows Image Restore doesn't find latest backup

I created a full system restore about 2 weeks ago. This is something that I do every couple of months and has been handy from time to time.I did a backup about 2 weeks ago and I need to roll back however when going to the windows advanced menu to restore from an image, the only image it lists is about a year old.In the actual backup folder I can see the folder named after this computer's name I can se backup sets and I can see the image files however, that doesn't come up as an option. Any idea why this has happened? Its not the first time this has happened to make and makes the image backup

:)

SRRAE, Oct 17, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows Image Restore doesn't find latest backup [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 17, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Image Restore doesn't find latest backup [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Thrall Win User

Motherboard too different for restore?

I just had the windows backup and restore format the drive and restore it using the latest backup and it seems to be working now. I'm not sure what fixed it, but it's working at the moment. Perhaps the windows system image isn't just an exact image of the backup but something more complex?

Thrall, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Image Restore doesn't find latest backup - Similar Threads - Image Restore doesn't

2. Windows Image Restore doesn't find latest backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Image Restore doesn't find latest backup: I created a full system restore about 2 weeks ago. This is something that I do every couple of months and has been handy from time to time.I did a backup about 2 weeks ago and I need to roll back however when going to the windows advanced menu to restore from an image, the...
  3. Windows Image Restore doesn't find latest backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Image Restore doesn't find latest backup: I created a full system restore about 2 weeks ago. This is something that I do every couple of months and has been handy from time to time.I did a backup about 2 weeks ago and I need to roll back however when going to the windows advanced menu to restore from an image, the...
  4. backup and restore system image fails

backup and restore system image fails: I am having a problem with backup and restore not completing a system image backup. I've researched this problem in this forum and have not found an answer that works. I have an Acer machine running windows 10 Home. It has a 1 TB internal hard drive and a 1TB external hard...
  5. Restoring from system image backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring from system image backup: submitted by /u/SgtJackVisback [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk0h04/restoring_from_system_image_backup/
  6. Combinte backup and restore system images

Combinte backup and restore system images: I have been testing different backup programs, and periodically I manually created a system image using backup and restore. However, I did not always use the same external drive for these images. As a result, I have a WindowsImageBackup folder on two different drives. Is...
  7. Restore Windows Image Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Windows Image Doesn't Work: I am trying to use RESET MY PC feature. It is a captured 1703 image. I have winre.wim in the C:\Windows\System32\Recovery folder. I have used the command "reagentc.exe /setreimage /path C:\windows\system32\recovery and 'reagentc.exe /enable'. I used this command to try to...
  8. Restoring Image Backup to an identical PC

Restoring Image Backup to an identical PC: I have created an image backup of my Windows 10 in order to give my laptop for service. In case the laptop is replaced with a similar one (having also preinstalled the same Windows 10 version), is it possible to restore the backup image without any problem with the...
  9. Restore from Windows Image Backup

Restore from Windows Image Backup: I Created an image backup using Windows 10. I burned the repair CD. I booted from cd. Options are most recent backup [but it only shows D:\, the factory backup partition]. No browse capability. Other option does not let me browse to the folder the system created,...
  10. Windows 10 Image Backup/Restore BROKEN!

Windows 10 Image Backup/Restore BROKEN!: All was well in Windows 7 until we upgraded to Windows 10. After the upgrade, I "CAN" back up to our Lenovo PX4-300d. However, image restores DO NOT WORK! I boot to the Windows 10 repair disk, chose troubleshooting, etc. I point to the network location, asks me to login, and...