Windows 10: windows image viewer not found

Discus and support windows image viewer not found in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; windows 10 updated version have no image viewer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SovonDey, Oct 4, 2018.

1. SovonDey Win User

windows image viewer not found

windows 10 updated version have no image viewer?

:)

SovonDey, Oct 4, 2018

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 4, 2018
  3. MightyG80 Win User
    old XP viewer for windows vista

Microsoft for some reason (???) rendered the viewer that comes with Windows unable to play the animation in GIF images... I know there is IrFan viewer ( and im currently using in vista ) to view images, but personally i prefered the simpler viewer XP had for watching those small animations. Is there a way to run the old XP image viewer in vista? Is somewhere downloadable?

MightyG80, Oct 4, 2018
  4. windows image viewer not found

irfanview default image viewer

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Photo viewer, let me suggest you to follow the steps provided by
    T.T.D. on this post and check if
    Irfanview is on the list.

You can also check on the settings if Irfanview is available.

• Press Windows key+ I
    • Click System
    • Select Default apps
    • Then click Photo viewer
    • You can also check on Choose default apps by the file type
    • Check if Irfanview is on the list

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

windows image viewer not found

1. windows image viewer not found - Similar Threads - image viewer found

2. Default Windows Image Viewer Question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Windows Image Viewer Question.: When I double click on an image via whatever application is the default and I have 100's of images in a folder, is there a quick way to find the image? Like I press 1 button and it links me to the file in the folder or something like that?...
  3. Image Viewer Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image Viewer Issue: When I double click on any photo in my library to see it in the Viewer against the black background it immediately comes up as normal then straight away changes it to a much smaller image on the screen. The same thing happens to every image when I click on the arrows. This is...
  4. Image Viewer Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image Viewer Issue: When I double click on any photo in my library to see it in the Viewer against the black background it immediately comes up as normal then straight away changes it to a much smaller image on the screen. The same thing happens to every image when I click on the arrows. This is...
  5. Image Viewer Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. XV image viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XV image viewer: Is there anyone running the xv image viewer under Debian (preferably Debian 11), please ?
  7. Windows Image Viewer settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Image Viewer settings: I just got a Nikon 3500 and uplodaded my pictures from my camera onto my computer. I am currently using the regular Windows 10 image viewer (The one with blue mountains, background and a sun). Everytime I view a photo it shows the regular photo. But after a second or two the...
  8. Image and Video viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image and Video viewer: Hello everyone. I'm new to Windows 10. My job requires me to work with images and videos, and i find Win10's interface to be quite inconvenient. I'm not sure if this is a technical question so if it is, please tell me and i will delete it immediately. Thank you. For images:...
  9. image viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    image viewer: Hi, the default Microsoft image viewer ("Photos") in Windows 10 is ridiculously heavy. How can i use the default image viewer from Windows 7 in Windows 10? Please help. Thanks!...
  10. Image viewer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Image viewer: I tried to upgrade Windows 10 from version 1607 to 1803, (since the computer were constantly nagging about it). But it didn’t work and now I have lost the image viewer and more. I can no longer open any picture on that laptop. I just get the message “The app didn’t start”...