Windows 10: Windows in boot loop if csm is disabeled

Discus and support Windows in boot loop if csm is disabeled in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to install macOs to my pc. The problem is that the installer only boots correctly if csm is disabeled. But if csm is disabeled Windows will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/baltevl, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Windows in boot loop if csm is disabeled

I'm trying to install macOs to my pc. The problem is that the installer only boots correctly if csm is disabeled. But if csm is disabeled Windows will be stuck in a boot loop. I found this thread but acording to Win10 my SSD is gpt. Is there any know issue about Windows seeing mbr disks as gpt. Any other ideas? Motherboard: msi b450 tomahawk max

submitted by /u/baltevl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/baltevl, Dec 28, 2020
  2. MetalTxus Win User

Stuck in UEFI loop if CSM is off

I was reading on BIOS stuff cause my PC always boots to the wrong screen and a suggestion to turn CSM off fixed that but introduced a UEFI loop (every time it closes, it opens again instead of booting the system). I turned CSM back on in order to be able to boot but does anyone know why UEFI won't work?

MetalTxus, Dec 28, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 Repair Boot Loop

Hi Jed,

If your computer is stuck in a boot-loop state of Windows, it could mean that automatic repair isn't able to repair a corrupted or broken system file, but attempts to repair it over and over again. For us to assist you properly in resolving this boot-loop
    state, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur even after removing the USB wireless mouse?
    • Aside from running DISM, what other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Windows in boot loop if csm is disabeled

Boot loop

Hi Terri,

This issue occurs when there are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To troubleshoot your boot loop issue, we suggest that you boot in
    safe mode through the Windows
    Recovery
    Environment option. To do this, follow these steps:

• Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo appears, unplug and replug the device. Perform these steps three times.
    • On the fourth instance, turn on your device without unplugging it. The Windows Recovery Environment window will appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advance options.
    • Click Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in
      safe mode.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the Start button, and then select
    Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for
    Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open
    System Restore > Next.

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic
    app, driver, or update, and then select
    Next > Finish.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows in boot loop if csm is disabeled

1. Windows in boot loop if csm is disabeled - Similar Threads - boot loop csm

2. Windows 11 SSD won't boot in either UEFI or CSM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 SSD won't boot in either UEFI or CSM: Hi! I installed Windows 11 onto my new NVMe 1TB SSD, and my motherboard won't detect it as a boot option anywhere in the BIOS. It sees it and recognises it, and it will let me set its priority in CSM, but in UEFI mode it posts to BIOS and in CSM mode it tells me to connect a...
  3. Windows 11 SSD won't boot in either UEFI or CSM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 SSD won't boot in either UEFI or CSM: Hi! I installed Windows 11 onto my new NVMe 1TB SSD, and my motherboard won't detect it as a boot option anywhere in the BIOS. It sees it and recognises it, and it will let me set its priority in CSM, but in UEFI mode it posts to BIOS and in CSM mode it tells me to connect a...
  4. Windows 11 not booting storport.sys BSoD when CSM enabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not booting storport.sys BSoD when CSM enabled.: These are my computer hardware1. ASUS ProArt B550 Creator BIOS 33012. Ryzen 9 5950x3. RTX 40904. LSI MegaRAID 9267-8i RAID controller5. Windows 11 Pro is installed in SATA SSD AHCIWhen installing windows, I had to disable CSM because enabling it would give IRQL NOT LESS OR...
  5. Windows on a boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows on a boot loop: i went to recovery option i clicked advanced startup option after that whenever my pc restarts .A screen appears showing restart system and then loops . I can force boot into it but it's not booting on it's own i don't get why...
  6. Windows wont boot without csm

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows wont boot without csm: Hi Guys i need to disable csm But then windows wont boot Please Give me the easiest solution if you know submitted by /u/Aggressive-Volume-16 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m5y4ys/windows_wont_boot_without_csm/
  7. Disable CSM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable CSM: Hi, I am trying to disable CSM on my B450m Pro4 but if i turn it off my screen will go black until i clear the CMOS ( for my hackintosh). I had windows installed with bios UEFI mode (not legacy) and ssd formatted as GPT. Tried some random fix i found online and windows became...
  8. Stuck in UEFI loop if CSM is off

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in UEFI loop if CSM is off: I was reading on BIOS stuff cause my PC always boots to the wrong screen and a suggestion to turn CSM off fixed that but introduced a UEFI loop (every time it closes, it opens again instead of booting the system). I turned CSM back on in order to be able to boot but does...
  9. Multi-boot USB that doesnt require CSM on or Secure-boot off?

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-boot USB that doesnt require CSM on or Secure-boot off?: I presume this doesnt exist - at least I havent found it in my digging. I dont want to enable CSM, or have to bother with disabling secureboot, even though it would admittedly make a few things easier. I just ran into a situation where I dont have enough usb sticks for what...
  10. Disabling CSM doesn't allow boot to Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling CSM doesn't allow boot to Windows: Not sure if this is a BIOS bug or I'm just messing with something I shouldn't. To my understanding, CSM support is for old OS's. I wanted to disable it to enable Secure Boot, but it seems when I disable CSM support in my BIOS it just boots back into the BIOS when I save the...