Windows 10: Windows in shutdown tight loop.

Discus and support Windows in shutdown tight loop. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am a Windows Insider (Fast). Received the update last week. At the end of my day (2am). I shutdown my laptop and went to bed. Next day tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GrandpaJack35, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Windows in shutdown tight loop.

I am a Windows Insider (Fast). Received the update last week. At the end of my day (2am). I shutdown my laptop and went to bed.

Next day tried to start the laptop. nothing for about 5 minutes and the words "Shutting down" appeared along with little dots circling.

I have tried everything I know and still am unable to break the loop. I have tried Ctrl + Alt + Del = no change. Next, drained the battery. Same result. Tried MS support. Have to schedule call back.

Luckily my wife's laptop is on different update schedule (different Windows 10). So I am not totally hanging.

Hopefully, someone out there can help me getting my HP laptop back in operation.

Thanks world.

:)

GrandpaJack35, Oct 16, 2019
  2. little cat, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Weer Win User
    Reminder: Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Automatic Two-Hour Shutdowns Begin Today

Does that work?

4. Windows in shutdown tight loop.

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows in shutdown tight loop.

1. Windows in shutdown tight loop. - Similar Threads - shutdown tight loop

2. Very old toshiba Automatic repair shutdown loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very old toshiba Automatic repair shutdown loop: Hello, and thank you for taking your time to read this.I am currently trying to fix an old toshiba computer, but to start, I cannot even boot it up for a good minute, as it would shutdown. Every two or so shutdowns the "preparing automatic repair" message comes up and shortly...
  3. Windows 11 SE is a stripped-down, tightly-locked version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 SE is a stripped-down, tightly-locked version of Windows 11: Microsoft appears to be working on a successor to Windows 10 in S Mode, called “Windows 11 SE”. Ahead of Microsoft’s June 24 event, an early build of Windows 11 recently appeared online and it has been confirmed by several reputable sources that it is indeed a legitimate...
  4. Microsoft Family Not water tight

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Not water tight: Hello,I've been using Family for a while now and although the idea is exactly what I want, the performance is lacking.Now I know my son has found ways around the monitoring, but I also think there are glitches in the system.If your child uses anything else but Edge for...
  5. Infinite Shutdown Loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Infinite Shutdown Loop: I don’t know if this is a bug but sometimes (it’s very rare that this happens to me) the shut down button doesn’t work. The funny thing is whenever this happens, ctrl alt delete doesn’t work either so the only way to shut down Windows at this point is to just shut it down...
  6. Thermal Shutdown Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thermal Shutdown Loop: Hi, So my laptop went into thermal shutdown and won't come out of it. It is no longer heated and the cooling fans are not blocked as i have cleaned them. Once i try and turn on my laptop it says that its trying going to restart blue screen but it shuts off after it gets to...
  7. SHUTDOWN LOOP MISSING AND STUCK AT SHUTDOWN SCREEN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SHUTDOWN LOOP MISSING AND STUCK AT SHUTDOWN SCREEN: HELLO Guys My PC Ran into a problem that my pc wont shutdown or restart normally It stuck at the shutdown /restart screen and i cant see the loop which appears when shutting down or restarting someone help me fast...
  8. Windows Shutdown Loop Solved

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Shutdown Loop Solved: If you're still getting the infamous and unfixed (thanks Microsoft!) shutdown loop on Windows 10, what worked of me was going into: 1. Power and Sleep Settings 2. Additional Power Setting 3. "Choose what the power buttons do" (real creative menu naming guys) 4. Click...
  9. Is a standard user account necessary for tight security and home user?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is a standard user account necessary for tight security and home user?: Is a standard user account really necessary for tight security for the home user or will a well secured administrator account be sufficient? 64477
  10. Restart loop, shutdown works

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart loop, shutdown works: Hi folks, this problem just started a few days ago. I can't be 100% sure when the cause happened because I rarely reboot my PC. I rebooted it a few days ago and as Windows was to load, the rotating dots came up as usual but seemed to take a really long time. It finally...