Windows 10: Windows in sleep mode, won't wake, keyboard and mouse not working, tried all USB ports, NOTHING

Discus and support Windows in sleep mode, won't wake, keyboard and mouse not working, tried all USB ports, NOTHING in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Home built system; GA-X58-USB3 mobo I7-960 CPU 16 Gb RAM Crucial EVGA 8600 GT gpu I went to shut down and accidentally hit sleep or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KGPiper, Sep 25, 2019.

1. KGPiper Win User

Windows in sleep mode, won't wake, keyboard and mouse not working, tried all USB ports, NOTHING

Home built system;

GA-X58-USB3 mobo

I7-960 CPU

16 Gb RAM Crucial

EVGA 8600 GT gpu

I went to shut down and accidentally hit sleep or hibernate... whichever direction is right above "shutdown". I believe it was sleep. I've never used the function before so this is a first. System went to sleep and I've lost functionality, USBs aren't functioning normally... there is power running through them. keyboard went black, mouse isn't lit or responding at all, monitor has power but but the screen is black, the computer itself will turn off and on using the power button, fans are working, lights come on - but I've got no interface ability at all. What the heck? I'm stumped.

:)

KGPiper, Sep 25, 2019
  2. lmaneke Win User

Suddenly, Win 10 desktop won't wake from sleep via USB keyboard/mouse

Hi Thenin, and Welcome to ten forums.

Can you give a list of the hardware you are using? CPU, Graphics Card, RAM, etc.

Have you tried to plug your keyboard and mouse into a different USB port?

I've had this issue twice. One on a MSI board and one on an ASUS board.

I had contacted MSI support and they verified that the board itself didn't support Wake with USB Keyboard or mouse from sleep, yet it stated it could. It would resume from sleep with a PS2 keyboard and mouse just fine.

On the ASUS board, I had the USB Keyboard and mouse plugged in to the USB 2.0 ports that use the ASMEDIA drivers along with the ESATA port on the back of my board. It stopped waking from sleep, and come to find out, Windows update ran and automatically updated the drivers for the ports. So I moved the keyboard and mouse to a different port, and it's worked fine ever since.

You can always try a different keyboard and mouse to see if there are different results.

lmaneke, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Mouse not responding after pc wakes from sleep.

My mouse is not responding after my pc wakes fom sleep mode. The only way I can get it to work again is to unplug it and plug it back in again. I have tried switching usb ports, but no difference. Any suggestions?

Adel or WayneSteinhardt, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Lobar Win User

Windows in sleep mode, won't wake, keyboard and mouse not working, tried all USB ports, NOTHING

Wireless Mouse and Keyboard will not wake computer from sleep windows 10

My wireless mouse and keyboard will not wake the computer from sleep mode.
    I was forced to do a factory reset on my dell computer. The wireless receiver lights for my Microsoft keyboard go out when computer goes to sleep, indicating usb power has been removed. My logitech wireless mouse has a receiver plugged directly into
    a usb port. I have been unable to wake either of them so that they will wake up the computer.

I have gone to "Human Interface Devices" in device manager and set ALL items to "Allow this device to wake the computer," likewise "keyboards," and "Mice and other pointing and devices."

I have tried Advanced Settings in "power and sleep" I have disabled usb selective suspend.

Until I did the factory reset everything was working normally.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Lobar, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows in sleep mode, won't wake, keyboard and mouse not working, tried all USB ports, NOTHING - Similar Threads - sleep mode won't

2. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  3. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  4. Wake from USB keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from USB keyboard/mouse: Hello, I am trying to make it so my windows 10 laptop will wake via my USB connected keyboard/mouse. From everything I read the main routes are to either go to device manager and right clicked on Keyboard, then properties, and then the power management tab, but none of my...
  5. Windows 10 sleep mode and no mouse or keyboard working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 sleep mode and no mouse or keyboard working.: So my Dell Optiples Desktop Windows 10 has not been used for a while as I have been using my Laptop, I connected it all up yesterday because I received my games bundle, so I was going to put the games on there, I turned it on and it said on the screen 'Entering sleep mode...
  6. All USB ports active in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All USB ports active in sleep mode: Hello, I had to reformat my Toshiba Qosmio laptop. Now, when I put it in sleep mode, all 4 USB ports have power. Before the format, only the Sleep and Charge port was active, so it could charge other devices. I have also noticed it happens because of the wireless mouse...
  7. Mouse/Keyboard won't wake PC

Mouse/Keyboard won't wake PC: Hi there, I edited the BIOS settings to try and enable my keyboard and mouse and wake my computer from sleep, however now I am having the problem that moving the mouse/using keyboard also turns on my computer when it is powered off. Is there a way to get my computer to...
  8. Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep

Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep: Up until recently, I have either put my laptop to sleep or let it go to sleep at the end of the day. The next morning I would hit either the mouse or keyboard (probably mostly the esc key just because it's sort of prominent at the corner). Some time recently, I haven't been...
  9. Safe Mode: USB mouse won't work

Safe Mode: USB mouse won't work: Folks, This should be simple... I can boot into Safe Mode. That's cool. Safe Mode - Start Windows 10 in - Windows 10 Forums Unfortunately, I cannot use my USB mouse. I can use it in BIOS, but not in Safe Mode. It is attached to a motherboard USB header, directly,...
  10. Suddenly, Win 10 desktop won't wake from sleep via USB keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly, Win 10 desktop won't wake from sleep via USB keyboard/mouse: All of a sudden, my 64-bit Win 10 Pro desktop will no longer wake up from sleep via my USB keyboard or mouse. It worked perfectly for the last year, no matter how many power cycles it went through. I shut it down last night, but after I booted up this morning and later put it...