Windows 10: Windows incredibly long to start / wake

Discus and support Windows incredibly long to start / wake in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,It started about one month after upgrading to Windows 11 so i'm not sure the new version is at fault here. My system started to take really long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DT-Sodium, Jan 20, 2022.

1. DT-Sodium Win User

Windows incredibly long to start / wake

Hello,It started about one month after upgrading to Windows 11 so i'm not sure the new version is at fault here. My system started to take really long to wake from hibernation, about 1m30. Boot time is relatively normal, about 45 seconds. But sometimes, it is way, way worse. This morning, i stopped my computer trying to wake from hibernation after 5 minutes, then it took about 5 other minutes to boot. Everything was extremely long, the first load with my motherboard's logo, then the spinner on black screen, then the spinner with the Windows blue background.It would usually be the symptoms of a

:)

DT-Sodium, Jan 20, 2022

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Windows incredibly long to start / wake

Will not wake from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to open the power troubleshooter

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type control and press enter to open control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box.

4. On the left side, click on "troubleshooting".

5. Click "view all" on the left pane.

6. Run the power troubleshooter.

To make sure your devices are set to wake the computer up, I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.

4. Select Power management.

5. Check Allow this device to wake the computer.
    Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Windows incredibly long to start / wake

1. Windows incredibly long to start / wake - Similar Threads - incredibly long start

2. This is incredible . . .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This is incredible . . .: My computer is a Dell, laptop. Running Windows 10.I also have, another Dell computer.I just reinstalled, Windows 10. On my, other computer.The initial steps, you go through.Let's connect, to a network. Etc.Everything, went fine. Until I got, to birthdate.At the top of the...
  3. This is incredible . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is incredible . . .: My computer is a Dell, laptop. Running Windows 10.I also have, another Dell computer.I just reinstalled, Windows 10. On my, other computer.The initial steps, you go through.Let's connect, to a network. Etc.Everything, went fine. Until I got, to birthdate.At the top of the...
  4. This is incredible . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows incredibly long to start / wake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows incredibly long to start / wake: Hello,It started about one month after upgrading to Windows 11 so i'm not sure the new version is at fault here. My system started to take really long to wake from hibernation, about 1m30. Boot time is relatively normal, about 45 seconds. But sometimes, it is way, way worse....
  6. Windows 10 laptop either boots incredibly slowly, or takes incredibly long to sign in.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 laptop either boots incredibly slowly, or takes incredibly long to sign in.: So, I've had this HP Pavilion gaming laptop for about 2 years or so now, I bought it to use for university studies. Recently I've run into an issue where my computer takes forever to boot up or sign in. I've tried a few different things to see if it would fix the problem, but...
  7. Windows 10 laptop either boots incredibly slowly, or takes incredibly long to sign in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop either boots incredibly slowly, or takes incredibly long to sign in.: So, I've had this HP Pavilion gaming laptop for about 2 years or so now, I bought it to use for university studies. Recently I've run into an issue where my computer takes forever to boot up or sign in. I've tried a few different things to see if it would fix the problem, but...
  8. Windows 10 laptop either boots incredibly slowly, or takes incredibly long to sign in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. This is incredible . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    This is incredible . . .: I'm running Windows 10 Pro. I use Yahoo for my email. Now all of a sudden, I have no idea why. When I, click on the Yahoo icon, it opens a box, that shows browsers. So, I pick one and I get to my Yahoo mail. But, every time I click on the icon, it goes thru the same thing?...
  10. This is incredible . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    This is incredible . . .: I'm running Windows 10 Pro. I use Yahoo for my email. Now all of a sudden, I have no idea why. When I, click on the Yahoo icon, it opens a box, that shows browsers. So, I pick one and I get to my Yahoo mail. But, every time I click on the icon, it goes thru the same thing?...