Windows 10: Windows Ink 1: Introduction to Ink and Pen

Discus and support Windows Ink 1: Introduction to Ink and Pen in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Using a pen and computer has an interesting history that goes farther back than you’d think. In 1888, the first patent for a “electric stylus device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows Ink 1: Introduction to Ink and Pen

Source: Windows Ink 1: Introduction to Ink and Pen | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, Nov 21, 2016

2. Why I Dont Have Windows Ink?

hi ,

I will certainly guide you.

Windows ink is Digital ink, much like a pen on paper, flows from the tip of your digital pen device, stylus, finger or mouse and is rendered on the screen.

To assist you better, Please provide us with make and model of pc?

Are you able to view pen option under Setting > Device ?

I would also suggest you to Check for the updates available updates and install them and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1) Type setting in the search area in the taskbar and select Settings.

2) Click on Update and Security.

3) Click on Check for Updates.

Please refer to the link to know more about windows ink: The Future of Pen: Windows Ink - Windows Experience Blog

Please Get back to us with the update, We would be glad to help you .

Thank you

Sujay Balraj, Nov 21, 2016
  3. allisonMS Win User
    Bamboo Ink Pen

Hi, I just purchased my Bamboo Ink pen for windows ink and it's not working. I just purchased an HP Envy x360 and I can connect the pen to the device (when I click the end I can open up windows ink workspace) however I cannot write on the computer with this
    pen. I was told this was compatible. Can anyone help me get the bamboo pen to write?

allisonMS, Nov 21, 2016
Thema:

Windows Ink 1: Introduction to Ink and Pen

1. Windows Ink 1: Introduction to Ink and Pen - Similar Threads - Ink Introduction Ink

2. Pen and windows ink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen and windows ink: Hello, I just got a Microsoft 10 surface go this Friday and the pen and windows ink menu won’t show up. I need it to so I can write with my Microsoft pen and take notes at school. I have been doing everything I could to get it to work with no luck and for the longest time....
  3. Pen and windows ink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pen and windows ink: Hello, I just got a Microsoft 10 surface go this Friday and the pen and windows ink menu won’t show up. I need it to so I can write with my Microsoft pen and take notes at school. I have been doing everything I could to get it to work with no luck and for the longest time....
  4. Windows Pen and Ink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pen and Ink: Just purchased a new desktop computer with Windows 10 installed, and I updated to Windows 11, and SSD drive. Works brilliantly, However, every time I try to use my XPen and tablet Windows Pen and Ink keeps insisting I need to use it. Can anyone tell me how/if I am able to get...
  5. Windows Pen and Ink

Windows Pen and Ink: Just purchased a new desktop computer with Windows 10 installed, and I updated to Windows 11, and SSD drive. Works brilliantly, However, every time I try to use my XPen and tablet Windows Pen and Ink keeps insisting I need to use it. Can anyone tell me how/if I am able to get...
  6. Bamboo ink pen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bamboo ink pen: I went on device manager and control panel and looked through everything in my computer and completed all the updates my bamboo pen is still not working the ink doesn’t wanna work or the eraser but the clicker still works. Please help!...
  7. Bamboo ink pen

Bamboo ink pen: I went on device manager and control panel and looked through everything in my computer and completed all the updates my bamboo pen is still not working the ink doesn’t wanna work or the eraser but the clicker still works. Please help!...
  8. Pen & Windows Ink

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pen & Windows Ink: I used to be able to write with my pen on Words or on pdf. When I open the Pen & Windows Ink setting, I found that under 'When I tap a text field with my pen, use handwriting to input text', there are only 2 options being: 1 Only in tablet mode 2 when the keyboard isn't...
  9. Windows 10 Pen & Ink

Windows 10 Pen & Ink: How do I use my pen? It isn't like the one in the videos. There is no power button or eraser at the top. It only contains two side buttons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pen-ink/f708c4e9-3c2a-4a47-a9f7-e2e1e772f881
  10. Windows Ink 2: Digging Deeper with Ink and Pen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Ink 2: Digging Deeper with Ink and Pen: In the last post, we explored a brief history of pen computing and introduced you to how easy it is to get started with Windows Ink in your Universal Windows Platform app. You saw that you can enable inking by adding a single line of code, an InkCanvas, to your app to enable...