Windows 10: Windows Ink always running.

Discus and support Windows Ink always running. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I disable windows ink?It's always applied to my CTL-672 no matter how many times I restart it.It still activates even though I disabled windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ugetora, May 24, 2023.

1. Ugetora Win User

Windows Ink always running.

How do I disable windows ink?It's always applied to my CTL-672 no matter how many times I restart it.It still activates even though I disabled windows ink in gpedit.My tablet drivers are conflicting with windows ink, so the settings do not apply to my tablet.I can tell it is windows ink because instead of what the tablet usually does which is start in relative mode with no special input settings, it starts in absolute withwindows ink input effects enabled.I hope you can find an answer because it just won't present itself to me. None of the typical solutions work, not even using a different dri

:)

Ugetora, May 24, 2023

2. microsoft ink

Hi,

Windows Ink feature is not applicable to all laptop or devices. We suggest that you visit this

link
    to get the list of Windows Ink enabled devices.

Regards.

Anthony Gal, May 24, 2023
  3. Unable to use Windows Ink

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using Windows ink for the first time?
    2. What is the make and model of the pen?

For more information you can refer the article
    HP PCs - Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus
    by HP.

Also, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Enable Windows Ink Workspace to use the pen. To enable Windows Ink Workspace right click on the
    taskbar and select show Windows Ink Workspace button. Also, you can refer the article on

Use Windows Ink

Method 2:

Enable the Windows Ink Workspace from registry.

Note:
    Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer the article on
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      regedit
      and hit enter.
    3. In the navigation pane, locate the following registry subkey:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsInkWorkspace
    4. In the right pane, look for
      AllowWindowsInkWorkspace
    5. Right click on the registry key and click on
      delete.
    6. Close the registry editor.
    7. Restart the PC.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 24, 2023
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Windows Ink Workspace - Reset/Clearing Contents Programmatically

Hi Robert,

Windows Ink Workspace is part of the system icons. Just like the Start button, the process of Windows Ink Workspace is not going to present in Task Manager. If do not want your users to use the Windows Ink Workspace, we recommend that you disable it. You
    can disable Windows Ink Workspace by following these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Personalization.
    • On the left pane, choose Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Locate Windows Ink Workspace, and then click the slider to turn it off.
    • You will now notice that the Windows Ink Workspace is gone from the Taskbar.

If you still want to have a function that will allow you to automatically reset or clear the contents of Windows Ink Workspace, we recommend that you post your suggested function using the Feedback Hub like what was mentioned by
    Erika Aro so that our Engineers can look into it and release your suggested feature on the next update of Windows 10.

Regards.

Argel Obm, May 24, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows Ink always running. - Similar Threads - Ink always running

2. External drive always running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External drive always running: The LEDs on an external drive TerraMaster D2-310 RAID1 indicate that it is being read continuously, although Performance Monitor shows no read or write operations on that virtual drive. How can this be? If a drive is being read by a system service, will it show up in...
  3. Windows Ink always running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Ink always running.: How do I disable windows ink?It's always applied to my CTL-672 no matter how many times I restart it.It still activates even though I disabled windows ink in gpedit.My tablet drivers are conflicting with windows ink, so the settings do not apply to my tablet.I can tell it is...
  4. Windows Ink always running.

Windows Ink always running.: How do I disable windows ink?It's always applied to my CTL-672 no matter how many times I restart it.It still activates even though I disabled windows ink in gpedit.My tablet drivers are conflicting with windows ink, so the settings do not apply to my tablet.I can tell it is...
  5. programs always running

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs always running: I have windows 10 and a lot of programs run that I don't want running. I turn them off in task manager, but they won't stay off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-always-running/30bd9919-3001-4950-8ce0-b7f21dff520e
  6. Aspnet_compileter.exe always running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Aspnet_compileter.exe always running: Why when i am playing games, the windows>net>framework>aspnet_compliter.exe always run and stop, run and stop, run and stop it makes me crazy. When start running, it open cmd and automaticly alt+tab my games, pleaseee helpp : I have net framework v4.8...
  7. Windows ink

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows ink: Hello. I have a really disturbing issue with win 10 which is that whenever i alt+tab through a game or an application. Windows decides to do dumb stuff that I never agreed to or wanted. This stupid windows ink keyboard activates and my computer is unusable until it decides to...
  8. Windows Ink

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Ink: Why doesn't my Windows Ink app ask me in setting if I am right or left handed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ink/86d79474-1e98-4c3b-9a39-3685ba9ccccd
  9. Windows Ink

Windows Ink: Will Windows Ink support a Wacom digitizing tablet? 54763
  10. Windows Ink 1: Introduction to Ink and Pen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Ink 1: Introduction to Ink and Pen: Using a pen and computer has an interesting history that goes farther back than you’d think. In 1888, the first patent for a “electric stylus device for capturing handwriting” was issued to Elisha Gray for the Telautograph. In fact, pen input was being used 20 years before...