Windows 10: Windows Ink Cursor Issue with a Wacom Intuos Tablet

Discus and support Windows Ink Cursor Issue with a Wacom Intuos Tablet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Wacom Intuos S graphics tablet and would like to use it with OneNote for Windows 10 (the UWP app). However, I've noticed that, when in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stansttr, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Windows Ink Cursor Issue with a Wacom Intuos Tablet

Hello, I have a Wacom Intuos S graphics tablet and would like to use it with OneNote for Windows 10 (the UWP app).

However, I've noticed that, when in draw mode, the cursor is just the regular mouse pointer and not the small dot. When I hover over the menus on the side or the ribbon the cursor turns into the small dot. It seems that the behavior of the cursor is somewhat inverted.

I've also tried the Whiteboard and Sticky Notes applications and they both show the mouse pointer instead of the small dot when drawing. That's the reason why I think this is a Windows Ink issue.

This issue does not occur when using the OneNote 2016 application.

I have tried playing with the options in Pen and Windows Ink, particularly the Show cursor and Show visual effects ones, and then restarting the computer, but nothing changed.

I have installed the latest Windows updates as well as the latest Wacom Intuos S driver.

I've also seen several posts from a few years describing the same issue. However I was not able to find a working solution.

I'd really appreciate if you could help me, this is a very frustrating issue. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/stansttr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stansttr, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Ikerimi Win User

Dot cursor appeares when using Wacom Intuos Tablet (1903 Update)

Heyo all,

I just updated to version 1903 yesterday.. and when I wanted to draw i noticed a little dot as a placeholder for the normal cursor everytime i use my Wacom tablet. I tried disabling it from settings but it's even worse: no cursor at all.. I even tried disabling
    "Use Windows Ink" from the Wacom settings. It does use the normal cursor, but it lacks pressure sensitivity.

I understand that this may be a new feature to make Windows Ink better.. but i don't think it's a great choice for usb graphic tablet users (such as a wacom intuos 2015, the model i have).
    I think it's rather useful for Cintiq or Surface users though..

Is there a way to make Windows use the normal cursor instead of the little dot? ..Or do i have to stick with this dot forever?

Code:
    [i][b]also sorry for the bad english,, english is not my first language..[/b][/i]

Ikerimi, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Chino Win User
    Wacom Announces Technologically and Ergonomically Improved Intuos Pen Tablet

Today, Wacom announced a new, significantly upgraded version of its Intuos pen tablet for creative beginners and enthusiasts. Bundled with software for drawing, painting and image editing, the new Intuos tablet offers an immediate start into digital art. Anyone interested in getting creative on a digital level will be able to enjoy a natural pen experience, improved accuracy and enhanced online navigation capability. Ambitious comic and Manga fans, hobby painters and photographers just need to download a software of choice to "get creative."

"Wacom has a legacy of providing state-of-the-art technology and full solutions to our customers," said Faik Karaoglu, Executive Vice President at Wacom's Creative Business Unit. "We know that only the combination of hardware and software allows for an immediate start. That is why we asked leading software partners to join us in the new pen tablet offer. We believe that our customers will love the new Intuos for its advanced technology and software options."

Windows Ink Cursor Issue with a Wacom Intuos Tablet mYbpECOJ4FUokwVX_thm.jpg

Windows Ink Cursor Issue with a Wacom Intuos Tablet oTHMsE8y6cPRAdNk_thm.jpg

Windows Ink Cursor Issue with a Wacom Intuos Tablet 2pfX8pB33wVu8mm9_thm.jpg

Windows Ink Cursor Issue with a Wacom Intuos Tablet 9ycv88zJR9PeMPlM_thm.jpg

Windows Ink Cursor Issue with a Wacom Intuos Tablet v5FOyUWGO0pvCHPb_thm.jpg

Upon purchase of the new Wacom Intuos, users can download up to $160 worth of creative software, including Corel Painter Essentials 6 for design and illustration, CELSYS CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO for comic and Magna creation and Corel AfterShot 3 for photo editing. Numerous video tutorials by Wacom, Corel and Celsys will help users get started.

New Intuos features include built-in wireless Bluetooth integration on some models, and three color choices. Available in small and medium sizes, all models have the same active tablet area as previous versions but with a smaller footprint and lighter weight. A built-in pen tray, four express keys, an LED indicator and in the Bluetooth models a 60 percent improvement on battery life rounds out the upgrade.

The included pen boasts 4,096 levels of pressure sensitivity, battery-free Wacom EMR technology, and an improved ergonomic design with increased weight and soft touch grip area, in-pen nib compartment and nib extractor.

Configuration, Pricing and Availability
    The new Intuos line comes in small and medium sizes and offers the following features:

Wacom Intuos Small
    With Bluetooth
    • Software options offer a choice of two out of three software downloads: Corel Painter Essentials 6, Corel AfterShot 3, or CELSYS CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO (in China: UDM PAINT PRO)
    • Color: charcoal black, pistachio green or berry pink (in selected regions)
    • Price: $99 USD
    Without Bluetooth
    • Software options offer a choice of one out of two software downloads: Corel Painter Essentials 6, or Corel AfterShot 3
    • Color: charcoal black
    • Price: $79 USD
    Wacom Intuos Medium
    With Bluetooth
    • Software: Purchasers may download all three software options: Corel Painter Essentials 6, Corel AfterShot 3, or CELSYS CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO (in China: UDM PAINT PRO)
    • Color: charcoal black, pistachio green or berry pink (in selected regions)
    • Price: $199 USD

Chino, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Windows Ink Cursor Issue with a Wacom Intuos Tablet

My wacom intuos CTL-490 won't work on my new HP pavilion

The Wacom intuos is connected and listed as a device and the light (which signals that it is connected) is on, however when I try to move the cursor with the tablet, nothing happens. I have already tried uninstalling the device, restarting the computer and
    changing the stylus's pen nib, but nothing has worked yet.

any suggestions?

JessicaWarby1, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows Ink Cursor Issue with a Wacom Intuos Tablet

1. Windows Ink Cursor Issue with a Wacom Intuos Tablet - Similar Threads - Ink Cursor Issue

2. Problem with Wacom Intuos CTL-6100WL, Windows Ink and Microsoft whiteboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Wacom Intuos CTL-6100WL, Windows Ink and Microsoft whiteboard: When I use the windows Ink option on my Wacom Intuos, I cant use Microsoft Whiteboard:Every time I place the pen next to the board, it turns itself automatically into an ink pen tool, preventing me from using the hand tool to do several things like selecting a drawing to...
  3. Problem with Wacom Intuos CTL-6100WL, Windows Ink and Microsoft whiteboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Wacom Intuos CTL-6100WL, Windows Ink and Microsoft whiteboard: When I use the windows Ink option on my Wacom Intuos, I cant use Microsoft Whiteboard:Every time I place the pen next to the board, it turns itself automatically into an ink pen tool, preventing me from using the hand tool to do several things like selecting a drawing to...
  4. Disabling Windows Ink disables Wacom Tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Windows Ink disables Wacom Tablet: I've been troubleshooting with my wacom tablet's ability to interact with applications and browser-based programs for some time now with very limited success. Disabling 'Windows Ink' on my computer just disables the pen's ability to write on anything. Could I please have help...
  5. Disabling Windows Ink disables Wacom Tablet

Disabling Windows Ink disables Wacom Tablet: I've been troubleshooting with my wacom tablet's ability to interact with applications and browser-based programs for some time now with very limited success. Disabling 'Windows Ink' on my computer just disables the pen's ability to write on anything. Could I please have help...
  6. Disabling Windows Ink disables Wacom Tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. WACOM INTUOS Pro tablet wake up problem with Windows 10

WACOM INTUOS Pro tablet wake up problem with Windows 10: With Windows 10 installed, my PC wakes up fine after sleep. With my WACOM Intuos plugged in, it usually does not. The screen is unresponsive when the mouse is moved and a key touched. I see an arrow that does not move or if it does move, nothing happens on a black screen and...
  8. Onenote crashes with wacom intuos

Onenote crashes with wacom intuos: Hi, I am having problems with Onenote and the pen input, my laptop is a Lenovo IdeaPad L340. All the drivers and the softwares are updated. The program shuts down after not more than 10 sec after I start writing. I have the same problem with the pen input (the tool that...
  9. Right clicking on my Wacom Intuos issue

Right clicking on my Wacom Intuos issue: I don't know why but whenever i right click using my Wacom pen it displays a white ring on some programs. I have tried most methods which have got rid of other issues regarding the rings; the issue has still remained. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me...
  10. Windows 10 Crashes While Using Wacom Intuos Tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crashes While Using Wacom Intuos Tablet: Recently I've had several occasions when my PC started stuttering before grinding to a complete halt while I was using my Wacom Intuos tablet on Photoshop. The strange thing is, when I hit restart, my PC recovered very quickly, as if it was merely a soft system restart - but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onenote cursor problem