Windows 10: Windows INK issue with Adobe Illustrator, surface book 2 pen input

Discus and support Windows INK issue with Adobe Illustrator, surface book 2 pen input in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Howdy all! I have an issue with Adobe illustrator and windows INK and surface book 2 pen input While using Surface pen on my surface book 2 screen in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lazykite, Aug 11, 2021.

1. lazykite Win User

Windows INK issue with Adobe Illustrator, surface book 2 pen input

Howdy all! I have an issue with Adobe illustrator and windows INK and surface book 2 pen input While using Surface pen on my surface book 2 screen in Adobe Illustrator, drawing with the PEN tool the preview is dark blue. When using my finger, the preview line is the colour of the layer. This includes using a mouse. But when drawing with the pen tool, the line is blue and also quite laggy in illustrator. This lag completely disappears if drawing with a mouse or my finger. So I am trying to work out if Windows INK is automatically recognizing the pen and defaulting to a certain setting. or its an illustrator or adobe setting. There is no settings which I can find that have any effect on this automatic default. Here is some screen shots from my phone trying to show the issue. Any help apprecited, As I currently cant work becuase there is too much lag using the surface pen... and drawing my finger is harder than it sounds lol. Cheers

:)

lazykite, Aug 11, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Windows Ink 2: Digging Deeper with Ink and Pen

Read more: Windows Ink 2: Digging Deeper with Ink and Pen | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Aug 11, 2021
  3. Janette_Z Win User
    Microsoft surface book pen buttons work but pen tip will not write

Hello, Tjsem!

Thanks for reaching out to Microsoft Community and posting your concerns with your Surface Pens that stopped working on your Surface Book. We are sorry to learn about this and we appreciate you letting us know so we can help you out.

You mentioned that you performed some troubleshooting steps and the issue is still present. Since the pen cap functions and inking is the only issue on your pens, may we know if you are able to zoom in and out using your fingers on to your screen?
    We need to know if it has something to do with the multi-touch feature preventing your pen to write.

In the meantime, check the steps below. You may have performed these steps, kindly complete them in the same exact order.

• Verify that the pen's LED light is coming on by pressing and holding the pen cap for 3-7 seconds.

Once on, please do the next step.

If your pen still does not ink, please reinstall the drivers of the pen and touch.

1. While the Surface Pen is paired on your Surface device, open Device
    Manager

2. Click View on top and check Show hidden devices

3. Expand Human Interface Devices > HID-compliant
    pen
    > Uninstall device

Surface pen settings > Uninstall
    device

Surface pen integration > Uninstall device

HID-Compliant touch screen > Uninstall
    device
    (if you see 2 of these drivers, uninstall both)

Intel (R) Precise Touch Device > Uninstall device

4. Expand Firmware > Surface touch > Uninstall device

5. Expand System devices > Surface pen pairing > Uninstall device

Surface Touch Servicing ML > Uninstall device

Note: If prompted with a checkbox stating "Delete the driver software for this device", leave it unchecked then
    hit Uninstall. Do this for all drivers asked to uninstall

6. Restart

7. After Restart, check in Settings > Devices,
    if the Surface Pen is still paired on the device. If it is still paired, remove and add the Surface Pen again.

8. Test the Surface Pen

We hope this helps you out. Otherwise, don't hesitate to update us so we can further assist you.

Regards,

Janette_Z, Aug 11, 2021
  4. Windows INK issue with Adobe Illustrator, surface book 2 pen input

Bamboo Ink Pen

Hi Billy,

Using a Bamboo Ink Pen doesn't require a specific tablet for it to work as long as you're using a touch-capable tablet or PC. For us to provide you the possible resolution and the accurate information as to why you're having issues with Bamboo Ink Pen, answer
    the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Have you tried updating the driver of your Bamboo Ink Pen to isolate compatibility issues?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to the requested information for us to assist you.

Lizette Ags, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows INK issue with Adobe Illustrator, surface book 2 pen input

1. Windows INK issue with Adobe Illustrator, surface book 2 pen input - Similar Threads - INK issue Adobe

2. Surface slim pen 2 tip is failing to ink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface slim pen 2 tip is failing to ink: Hi, My surface slim pen 2 pen tip stopped working. The pen is recognized by the device and the curser is even seen however the pen tip is just not inking, the back end however does work. My computer is a surface studio, I have already changed the pen tip and uninstalled...
  3. Surface slim pen 2 tip is failing to ink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface slim pen 2 tip is failing to ink: Hi, My surface slim pen 2 pen tip stopped working. The pen is recognized by the device and the curser is even seen however the pen tip is just not inking, the back end however does work. My computer is a surface studio, I have already changed the pen tip and uninstalled...
  4. Surface Pen not inking after a week

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pen not inking after a week: Windows 10 21H1, Surface 7, Surface Pen.I have undertaken the following steps:windows is up-to-dateuninstalled drivers Pen and related, Inkupdated driverscomplete shutdown into UEFIchanged batterytried alternate pen which worked friends that workedtried pen on his surface...
  5. Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2: As the subject mentions, I am trying to prevent Microsoft's ink & touch functionality from interfering with Wacom's pen and tablet. I use the surface book 2 for my 3D work within applications like Photoshop, Zbrush, Houdini, Maya, etc... and whenever I try to right click...
  6. Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2: As the subject mentions, I am trying to prevent Microsoft's ink & touch functionality from interfering with Wacom's pen and tablet. I use the surface book 2 for my 3D work within applications like Photoshop, Zbrush, Houdini, Maya, etc... and whenever I try to right click...
  7. Adobe illustrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe illustrator: 2 Adobe illustrator Adobe IL? : APC_INDEX_MISMATCH : win32kfull.sys [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E4%B8%80%E6%89%93%E9%96%8Badobe-illustrator/9a4841f0-9bdb-4dfc-b896-44c8be5c08e5
  8. surface book 2 persistent issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface book 2 persistent issues: I have been experiencing issues quite often with my Surface book 2 this past month and a half. The issues consist of crashing. rebooting and browser issues. Chrome has been giving me issues and cant do work without an issues, id rather use this PC than my school one. I kept...
  9. Many issues with Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many issues with Surface Book 2: I have been having many issues with my surface book 2 lately. Some of them are the following: 1. Random and continuous USB disconnect sound. 2. Overheating during sleep mode (specially inside backpack). 3. Keyboard sometimes stop responding. 4. The search stops...
  10. Windows Ink 2: Digging Deeper with Ink and Pen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Ink 2: Digging Deeper with Ink and Pen: In the last post, we explored a brief history of pen computing and introduced you to how easy it is to get started with Windows Ink in your Universal Windows Platform app. You saw that you can enable inking by adding a single line of code, an InkCanvas, to your app to enable...