Windows 10: Windows Ink - non-touchscreen

Discus and support Windows Ink - non-touchscreen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, My computer just updated today and I noticed the Windows Ink feature in my notification bar. Can I use a digital pen and windows ink together... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JGMarcek, Dec 1, 2020.

1. JGMarcek Win User

Windows Ink - non-touchscreen

Hello,

My computer just updated today and I noticed the Windows Ink feature in my notification bar. Can I use a digital pen and windows ink together even though I do not have touchscreen ability on my desktop PC? For instance, would I be able to "write" on my desk and have that translate into writing on the screen? Thank you.

:)

JGMarcek, Dec 1, 2020

2. Ink worksapce apps appear on non-touch screen

Hi Ian,

With regard to your query, since applications normally open on the primary screen, we suggest that you try switching both screens from primary to secondary. If the issue persist, try uninstalling and reinstalling the feature by following the steps below:

• Click on Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Taskbar.
    • Turn System Icons On or Off.
    • Locate the Windows Ink Workspace icon and set it to
      Off
    • Reboot the PC.
    • Repeat steps 1 to 4.
    • Locate the Windows Ink Workspace icon and set it to
      On
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Can no longer use Windows Ink for non-Windows products

Hi,

Windows Ink is Microsoft's pen and touch support that enables you to write and draw using your fingers or an electronic pen. You can open Windows Ink Workspace by following these steps:

• Right-click or press and hold the taskbar.
    • Check Show Windows Ink Workspace button.
    • Open Windows Ink Workspace by clicking its icon on the
      taskbar.

For further knowledge about the usage of Windows Ink, we recommend visiting this
    link.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Dec 1, 2020
  4. paulski Win User

Touchscreen monitor

Hi, I'm looking into buying a touchscreen monitor for use with a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop pc rnning Windows 8 in order to fully utilise the touchscreen facilities of Windows 8.
    I'm preliminary looking at the Iiyama T2250MTS or T2452MTS touchscreen monitors. Anyone had experience of these, do they fully work under Windows 8?
    Any other suggestions of monitors in the £200-£350 range?
    Thanks

paulski, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Ink - non-touchscreen - Similar Threads - Ink non touchscreen

2. Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC v1809 on a touchscreen PC.This PC came with a piece of equipment my company purchased, and when it was installed, the touchscreen keyboard worked fine; it popped up when you entered a text input field, or when you pressed the button...
  3. Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC v1809 on a touchscreen PC.This PC came with a piece of equipment my company purchased, and when it was installed, the touchscreen keyboard worked fine; it popped up when you entered a text input field, or when you pressed the button...
  4. Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows ink

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows ink: Hello. I have a really disturbing issue with win 10 which is that whenever i alt+tab through a game or an application. Windows decides to do dumb stuff that I never agreed to or wanted. This stupid windows ink keyboard activates and my computer is unusable until it decides to...
  6. Tablet mode in a non-touchscreen laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tablet mode in a non-touchscreen laptop?: Hi, this has been bugging my mind for ages. What's the point of having the tablet mode in a non touchscreen laptop? Are there any upsides to this like saving more battery or is it completely useless? submitted by /u/v1ew_s0urce [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows Ink

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Ink: Why doesn't my Windows Ink app ask me in setting if I am right or left handed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ink/86d79474-1e98-4c3b-9a39-3685ba9ccccd
  8. combine small touchscreen monitor with larger viewing non-touchmonitor

in Windows 10 Support
    combine small touchscreen monitor with larger viewing non-touchmonitor: Is it possible to combine/setup a 15-inch multi-touch monitor with a 21-inch non-touch (main) monitor, so that main viewing can be done on 21-inch non-touch, but all/most the finger control done on the 15-inch touchscreen? Reason: after getting golfers elbow, I am now...
  9. Windows Ink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Ink: Will Windows Ink support a Wacom digitizing tablet? 54763
  10. Windows Ink 1: Introduction to Ink and Pen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Ink 1: Introduction to Ink and Pen: Using a pen and computer has an interesting history that goes farther back than you’d think. In 1888, the first patent for a “electric stylus device for capturing handwriting” was issued to Elisha Gray for the Telautograph. In fact, pen input was being used 20 years before...