Windows 10: Windows Ink

Discus and support Windows Ink in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Will Windows Ink support a Wacom digitizing tablet? 54763 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mayagrafix, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Windows Ink

Will Windows Ink support a Wacom digitizing tablet?

:)

Mayagrafix, Jun 28, 2016

2. Flicks in windows ink

I need to turn of the function.

heres what I know:

-I can turn off flicks outside of "INK" and set off windows ink, problem is that i need ink to run the pen sensitivity on the software, but problem is flick is enabled through flick and theirs no visible toggle to turn that off.

>>> Is their a way to turn off flicks from "windows ink"? <<<

theirs one outside windows ink but it isn't working if windows ink is on but i need windows ink on to use pressure sensitivity in a sofware but i need those flicks off.

IS it possible to turn it off.

kodyjehsaman, Jun 28, 2016
  3. microsoft ink

Hi,

Windows Ink feature is not applicable to all laptop or devices. We suggest that you visit this

link
    to get the list of Windows Ink enabled devices.

Regards.

Anthony Gal, Jun 28, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Windows Ink

Glad you asked this as it's something I've been thinking about too. If an app supports pen pressure from a Surface/Surface Book screen, then you'd expect it to be able to support pen pressure from something like a Wacom/Huion tablet too. Although rotating the ruler or canvas might be a bit tricky without a touch screen, however they *could* potentially allow that to be done with a trackpad or a keyboard shortcut key/drag for desktop users instead?

I think people who already have a graphics tablet will probably stick with their usual Photoshop/Krita/Manga Studio, etc. tools rather than use the Sketchpad app, but things such as drawing directly in the Maps app like they showed in the Mount St. Helens demo at //Build/ looked kinda cool. In that demo he also mentioned allowing the ink to dry, but I don't know if he meant for the 3D part of the Maps stroke to work, or whether Windows Ink has build-in brush stabilizer that can be toggled on/off too.

So I too would be interested to know if anyone has tried any of the Windows Ink apps with an actual graphics tablet, as opposed to touch screen tablet?

ARC1020, Jun 28, 2016
  5. I asked Wacom support and they say it works perfectly *Smile

Mayagrafix, Jun 29, 2016
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    I had a feeling it would, but thanks for confirming.

ARC1020, Jun 29, 2016
  7. I tried as mentioned above but it only solved half my problem. After doing so, i was able to right click easily on files and applications without getting the 'not responding' error from file explorer. But still the problem persists when i specifically right click on any folder in the file explorer. The moment i right click on a folder in file explorer or desktop, it freezes and i have to restart the file explorer again. This thing is bugging me for so long. Please try to help me fix it.

LeonardoDevile, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Ink

1. Windows Ink - Similar Threads - Ink

2. "Enhance inked shapes" does not work in MS Whiteboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Enhance inked shapes" does not work in MS Whiteboard: Hello.Recently the "Enhance inked shapes" feature in MS Whiteboard stopped working for shapes other than lines, i.e. any hand-free drawn line is converted to a straight line btw, even if the feature is not selected... while all other shapes boxes/squares, circles/ovals,...
  3. "Enhance inked shapes" does not work in MS Whiteboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Enhance inked shapes" does not work in MS Whiteboard: Hello.Recently the "Enhance inked shapes" feature in MS Whiteboard stopped working for shapes other than lines, i.e. any hand-free drawn line is converted to a straight line btw, even if the feature is not selected... while all other shapes boxes/squares, circles/ovals,...
  4. How do you rest all windows ink settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you rest all windows ink settings?: I recently got a drawing tablet and I can hover and use it normally, but as soon as I install the drivers and check windows ink the hovering stops working and i have to touch the pad in order for it to show the clickI did check with another PC and it seems to be working fine...
  5. How do you rest all windows ink settings?

How do you rest all windows ink settings?: I recently got a drawing tablet and I can hover and use it normally, but as soon as I install the drivers and check windows ink the hovering stops working and i have to touch the pad in order for it to show the clickI did check with another PC and it seems to be working fine...
  6. my printer wont work. It says I need ink. I replaced it about a week ago. It was working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my printer wont work. It says I need ink. I replaced it about a week ago. It was working...: I can't use my Epson WF-3820 printer. Please help me.Disane Forziati https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-wont-work-it-says-i-need-ink-i-replaced/08938790-be3d-45c2-9ecf-ff1a9e32efb4
  7. my printer wont work. It says I need ink. I replaced it about a week ago. It was working...

my printer wont work. It says I need ink. I replaced it about a week ago. It was working...: I can't use my Epson WF-3820 printer. Please help me.Disane Forziati https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-wont-work-it-says-i-need-ink-i-replaced/08938790-be3d-45c2-9ecf-ff1a9e32efb4
  8. How to use only one ink cartridge on the HP DeskJet printer 2652?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use only one ink cartridge on the HP DeskJet printer 2652?: How to use only one ink cartridge; what settings, etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-only-one-ink-cartridge-on-the-hp/2f246977-e53c-4487-8c92-5682cb527d08
  9. How to use only one ink cartridge on the HP DeskJet printer 2652?

How to use only one ink cartridge on the HP DeskJet printer 2652?: How to use only one ink cartridge; what settings, etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-only-one-ink-cartridge-on-the-hp/2f246977-e53c-4487-8c92-5682cb527d08
  10. How to disable the "standard dictionary" referenced in: Settings... / Inking & Typing...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable the "standard dictionary" referenced in: Settings... / Inking & Typing...: How to disable the Windows “standard dictionary” referenced in: Settings / Privacy / Inking & Typing PersonalizationLiterary in the configuration panel says: “…but the standard dictionary will continue to provide typing suggestions and handwriting recognition”.JUST WHAT I...