Windows 10: Windows Insider Build Updates

Discus and support Windows Insider Build Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having a problem with receiving updates since January 16th but only on one of my desktops. My main computer is still receiving updates, currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GordonRoschko, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Windows Insider Build Updates

I am having a problem with receiving updates since January 16th but only on one of my desktops. My main computer is still receiving updates, currently pre-release 18323 but my backup desktop stopped at 18317. I did a remote with Customer Service two days ago and was assured that the problem had been resolved. It wasn't. I get Windows Defender Updates but no further updates for the Insider Builds. I did have to suspend the Insider Program on my laptop because it's the only computer that can still communicate with my main laser printer. I am unable to use either of my desktops with any of my printers. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

:)

GordonRoschko, Feb 5, 2019

2. Receiving preview Windows updates even I'm not opt-in for the Insider Program

Hi Red,

This issue installing Windows Insider could have happened due to the version of your Windows. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Which version of Windows are you running?
    • Have you tried registering on Windows Insider?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided in this
    article.
    This will give you a step to stop receiving Windows Insider updates.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build has never updated

I want to add this for anyone in the future that may come across this post.

I followed the advice of @Ramhound and the links he provided in the comments and created a new VM in Azure from the downloaded image of Build 14295, which was the closest available ISO build. I followed all the steps to connect my MS account to the VM for insider preivew. I changed my insider preview settings to Fast track. I even used my MS account to sign into the VM.

I checked the registry settings as suggested by this article and ensured everything there was correct. Even after all this, I still did not receive the 14316 build.

I diligently checked my machine multiple times per day. I manually checked for updates. I restarted the machine several times. I changed my settings to developer mode. Even after following all these steps, I still did not receive the build.

Finally! Today, after a week of waiting, I logged into the VM, and the build was there. I do not believe any of this extra work I did helped....but I did learn some stuff from this, so it was not a complete waste of time. I think I would have received the build if I would have just left my VM as it was and kept waiting.

tldr - From my experience, I think the best advice is to just be patient and wait. If you have waited a significant amount of time (2 weeks), then maybe look into the other solutions.

Alex Chance, Feb 5, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows Insider Build Updates

Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Insider Build Updates

1. Windows Insider Build Updates - Similar Threads - Insider Build Updates

2. Is the Microsoft Store also an insider build in a Windows Insider Build?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the Microsoft Store also an insider build in a Windows Insider Build?: Is the Microsoft Store also an insider build in a Windows Insider Build?I noticed the word "Insider" after the "Microsoft Store" name when the application is open.If it is an insider build, does it mean that the Microsoft Store app is an insider build itself or the apps are...
  3. Is the Microsoft Store also an insider build in a Windows Insider Build?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the Microsoft Store also an insider build in a Windows Insider Build?: Is the Microsoft Store also an insider build in a Windows Insider Build?I noticed the word "Insider" after the "Microsoft Store" name when the application is open.If it is an insider build, does it mean that the Microsoft Store app is an insider build itself or the apps are...
  4. Insider build issue on updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Insider build issue on updates: Hello;I've installed windows 11 insider preview build, after using it for a while then rolled back to windows 10 after that, I leaved the insider and unlink my pc for insider builds, after doing I'm getting update and downloading windows 11 again....Requesting any one to...
  5. Windows Insider Builds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Insider Builds: Hello, I need help with the Microsoft insider builds, I recently have Given an older computer to a friend of mine, after doing a windows reset, I noticed that insider builds will still being installed even though there was not Microsoft account on the system, how can I remove...
  6. Can't update windows 10 on Insider build.

Can't update windows 10 on Insider build.: Hello. I recently updated to the latest windows insider dev build but from then when I go to windows update I'm getting the error something went wrong, try to reopen settings later. Should I uninstall the windows insider dev build?...
  7. Windows Insider Build Stuck on 19628 and will not update

Windows Insider Build Stuck on 19628 and will not update: I can not get it to update. I have selected all 3 different options and did a wipe of windows and it will still not update. I currently have it set on the Release Preview Channel. Any way to force it to update even with Windows Update not seeing anything?...
  8. Windows updates and insider builds

Windows updates and insider builds: purchased used laptop in may with Windows 8.1 installed. Did upgrade to windows 10. Not receiving updates and not receiving insider builds. Problem is cannot do downloads of such …. current build is 17134.799 version 1803. Please help....
  9. Windows 10 insider build update

Windows 10 insider build update: Windows Insider Build goes to 85% then Undoes the changes. can't stop it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-insider-build-update/8dd48d98-9b4a-4bae-9cf4-a7e37caef4f9
  10. Windows won't install update to insider build

Windows won't install update to insider build: I have registered my account to get insider builds, and am currently signed up under the "Active development of Windows" category with the pace of new builds set to slow. I am currently on build 17134.228 and trying to update to 17713.1002. Windows Update (via settings) shows...