Windows 10: windows insider, changed motherboard , cannot activate windows 10

Discus and support windows insider, changed motherboard , cannot activate windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My computer died and the motherboard was replaced. I downloaded a insider iso, but it wants to erase all my files. there is no option the keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VinceVincent1, Jun 21, 2019.

1. windows insider, changed motherboard , cannot activate windows 10

My computer died and the motherboard was replaced. I downloaded a insider iso, but it wants to erase all my files. there is no option the keep existing apps and files. Is there some way I could let windows 10 see the new motherboard without having to reinstall everything

Thanks

Vince

:)

VinceVincent1, Jun 21, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Laurijan Win User

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Jun 21, 2019
  4. windows insider, changed motherboard , cannot activate windows 10

I couldn't get it to work at all.. I was also told from a friend that it wasn't possible, you may be out of luck.

LightningJR, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

windows insider, changed motherboard , cannot activate windows 10

1. windows insider, changed motherboard , cannot activate windows 10 - Similar Threads - insider changed motherboard

2. Cannot activate Windows 10 after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate Windows 10 after changing motherboard: In late 2018, I bought Windows license at Microsoft Store. This license was not bought with computer.Since that I've been doing sompe upgrades time to time. I bought new CPU, add some RAM. A few days ago I made an upgrade a new motherboard and now I can't activate my copy of...
  3. Cannot activate Windows 10 after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate Windows 10 after changing motherboard: In late 2018, I bought Windows license at Microsoft Store. This license was not bought with computer.Since that I've been doing sompe upgrades time to time. I bought new CPU, add some RAM. A few days ago I made an upgrade a new motherboard and now I can't activate my copy of...
  4. Cannot activate Windows 10 after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot activate Windows after motherboard change

Cannot activate Windows after motherboard change: Dear Community, The motherboard of my Lenovo laptop was just changed due to hardware failure. Now I am getting "Activate Windows" message on my desktop. I have an active Windows 10 Business subscription but I am not able to active Windows. Running the troubleshoot...
  6. change motherboard and activate window 10

change motherboard and activate window 10: Hi, I would like to update my hp computer motherboard with pre-installed window 10 with OEM version. I am wondering if I able to do that? Since I know that window 10 is somehow tied with the motherboard....
  7. Cannot activate Windows 10 Professional after change of motherboard

Cannot activate Windows 10 Professional after change of motherboard: Cannot activate Windows 10 Professional after change of motherboard and hardware. Cannot find my existing device in 'Troubleshooting'. I have erroneously deleted my old machine which was linked to the Microsoft account. Could anyone please help?...
  8. Windows 10 Activation with motherboard change

Windows 10 Activation with motherboard change: Probably a common question, but I have not found anything helpful yet. I had a motherboard with an Intel processor and have updated to a an AMD processor. Windows handled the transition okay, but I have been having no luck getting windows to re-activate. I have tried...
  9. Windows cannot activate after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot activate after motherboard change: Split from this thread. hi i am having the revers problem, i got my pc back from the shop with a new motherboard, and my windows wouldent activate, it was a didgital upgtade from win 8 years ago, but now it says its win 10 pro, i bought win home online from windows shop,...
  10. Cannot Activate Windows 10 after Motherboard Change

Cannot Activate Windows 10 after Motherboard Change: Hello, I've read extensively before making a thread here. My motherboard went kaput the other day. I re-installed windows on my hard drive after backup. Unable to activate windows. I tried the "troubleshoot" from Settings menu. After clicking on "I recently changed my...