Windows 10: Windows Insider - Clean install latest Fast Ring build

Discus and support Windows Insider - Clean install latest Fast Ring build in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Thanks for this Kari, worked nicely. Only issue I had was that I had to restart after creating the user as there was no sign out option. I then deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Tony K, Oct 26, 2017.

1. swarfega Win User

Windows Insider - Clean install latest Fast Ring build

Thanks for this Kari, worked nicely. Only issue I had was that I had to restart after creating the user as there was no sign out option. I then deleted the excess user folders and all seems ok.

swarfega, Oct 28, 2017
  2. johngalt Win User

Hi, @Kari

I tried to use this tutorial along with the Move \Users tree tutorial to perform a clean install.

What I did was as Step 1.2, rather than just hitting SHIFT + F10, I went to the Move Users tree tutorial and took over from there, starting with the CTRL + SHIFT + F3 to reboot into Audit mode. Once that process was completed and I was back at an OOBE prompt, I resumed from step 1.2 here, but when I went to perform the steps, after authenticating for WU, it would not let me change from the normal WU Update set up, and since I was in a rush to complete it I stopped trying with this tutorial and decided to complete the OOBE and then change the values for IP builds.

Does that sound like something simply glitched, or would this be a known issue since I combined the 2 tutorials? For example, instead of giving me a defaultuser0 account, after performing the Users tree move, the OOBE was in an account actually named administrator.

If this was a one off, no worries, but as I just clean installed everything, I can set up a VM and capture screenshots and whatnot if you'd like to explore this further, on the off-chance that it is not a one-off.

Just curious to see your thoughts on this.

johngalt, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Insider - Clean install latest Fast Ring build

1. Windows Insider - Clean install latest Fast Ring build - Similar Threads - Insider Clean install

2. Appeared a lot of bugs in the Build 17763 Insider Fast dan Slow Ring

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Appeared a lot of bugs in the Build 17763 Insider Fast dan Slow Ring: I've Updated to build 17763 on September 20, yesterday. But after using build 8 days, a few bugs suddenly appears. Whereas before smoothly without problem. When opening an application in the Start Menu no one wants to open. When opening an application more than 4, and...
  3. Windows 10 Build 17746 now available with fixes for Fast Ring Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17746 now available with fixes for Fast Ring Insiders: Microsoft today has released another new build this week for Fast Ring Insiders. The latest build with version 17746 is now available for download which comes from the Redstone 5 branch. Microsoft is currently finalizing the development of Redstone 5 and is working on fixing...
  4. Windows 10 Build 17730 now available for Fast Ring Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17730 now available for Fast Ring Insiders: Earlier in the week Microsoft released a new Windows 10 build 17728 for Fast Ring Insiders. The build came with the introduction of the company’s Your Phone app to the Insiders. The app allows you to interact with your phone from your PC, sending and receiving SMS messages,...
  5. New Windows 10 Build 17672 now available for Fast Ring Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Build 17672 now available for Fast Ring Insiders: Microsoft today released a new Windows 10 Insider Build 17672 for Fast Ring Insiders. The latest build comes with some new features from the Redstone 5 development branch. This is the build which is being released by Microsoft after the previous build which was a major one...
  6. Notification Area change with latest Fast Ring build question

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area change with latest Fast Ring build question: I updated a W10 OS and I'm seeing something i've never seen before. The Notification Area shows left and right arrows to scroll, and a large blank area in the right corner. This is a W10 Insider Preview fast ring OS, updated to the latest offered. It's a bare metal...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 PC for Fast ring

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 PC for Fast ring: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to release Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring! Upcoming Bug Bash We’re really excited to do our 2nd (and final) Bug Bash...
  8. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10134 May Hit Fast Ring Soon

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10134 May Hit Fast Ring Soon: Windows 10 is almost done. At this point, the company is in the fix and release stage, meaning no more big features are expected to make an appearance until after RTM. Windows Insiders in the fast ring recently received build 10130, which included a number of much-needed UI...
  9. New insider fast ring update.

in Windows 10 News
    New insider fast ring update.: And yet another release to the fast ring: Today we are excited to release Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16232 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring! We are also releasing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15228 to Insiders in the Fast ring. Earlier this...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC on Fast ring

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC on Fast ring: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. What’s new in Build 14942 Hide app...