Windows 10: Windows Insider preview- issue with windows defender

Discus and support Windows Insider preview- issue with windows defender in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed windows insider pro preview. Build 20161. Now I am not able to turn on windows defender or firewall, I am also not able to add any user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tmln, Jul 13, 2020.

1. tmln Win User

Windows Insider preview- issue with windows defender

I installed windows insider pro preview. Build 20161. Now I am not able to turn on windows defender or firewall, I am also not able to add any user accounts. How do I roll back from Insider Preview Build 20161.
    The computer does not allow me to add any user account. And turn on firewall. Is this due to the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview?

:)

2. Get a Windows 10 licence for free if you register on Windows Insider

from Gabe Aul today : http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...changes-to-windows-10-insider-preview-builds/

well from the sounds of it, anyone who UPGRADED to windows 10 Preview wont have to do anything as it already has your Serial win 7/8.1 key logged.

The crux of it is this:

• Do you want to continue as a Windows Insider and keep getting preview builds after 7/29?
    • Or do you want to upgrade your Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 system that has been getting Windows 10 Insider Preview builds to the 7/29 release and stop being an Insider?
    “I want to continue as a Windows Insider!” If you want to continue as a Windows Insider past 7/29 there is nothing you need to do. You’re already opted in and receiving builds in the Fast or Slow ring depending upon your selection. This is prerelease software and is activated with a prerelease key. Each individual build will expire after a time, but you’ll continue to receive new builds so by the time an older prerelease build expires you’ll have received a new one. Since we’re continuing the Windows Insider Program you’ll be able to continue receiving builds and those builds will continue to be activated under the terms of the Windows Insider Program. We provide ISOs for these builds for recovery from any significant problems, but they are still pre-release software. As part of the program we’ll upgrade Insiders to what is for all intents and purposes the same build as what other customers will get on 7/29, but that will be just another build for Insiders, and those who stay in the program will simply get the next build after as well.

“I want to opt out of the Windows Insider Program on 7/29.” If you decide to opt-out of the program and upgrade to the 7/29 build you will be subject to exactly the same terms and conditions that govern the offer* that was extended to all Genuine Windows 7 and 8.1 customers. This is not a path to attain a license for Windows XP or Windows Vista systems. If your system upgraded from a Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 license it will remain activated, but if not, you will be required to roll back to your previous OS version or acquire a new Windows 10 license. If you do not roll back or acquire a new license the build will eventually expire.

It is our hope that the vast majority of Windows Insiders who have been with us since we announced the program last year will continue forward, and it was in that light that we authored the blog post about upcoming changes to the program. I regret that this caused confusion about who was or was not eligible for the Windows 10 upgrade offer, but hope that this helps to clarify.

Thanks,
    g

AlienIsGOD, Jul 13, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Get a Windows 10 licence for free if you register on Windows Insider

Wow, sounds like those who are bandwidth limited could be screwed, or find a internet cafe or library to get the needed ISO.

AsRock, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Windows Insider preview- issue with windows defender

Windows 10 Insider Preview 16215.1000 (rs_prerelease)

Since you've already tried all the necessary troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you roll back to your previous version and then try installing the
    Windows 10 Insider Preview 16215.1000 (rs_prerelease) again.

If the issue persists, roll back to your previous version. This time, we recommend not installing
    Windows 10 Insider Preview 16215.1000 (rs_prerelease); then, send a feedback using your built-in feedback application to inform the programmers about your concern.

Regards.

Lizette Ags, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Insider preview- issue with windows defender

1. Windows Insider preview- issue with windows defender - Similar Threads - Insider preview issue

2. Update and windows insiders preview related issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update and windows insiders preview related issues: I have some serious issue regarding update please help me as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-and-windows-insiders-preview-related-issues/766b1c73-469b-4513-9864-6300eec81191
  3. Issues reactivating Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issues reactivating Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview.: I previously had 10 year old computer that I built my self that had a retail edition of Windows 7 Pro, that I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro, again retail, then 8.1. When Windows 10 came out, I took advantage of the free upgrade program, and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I have been...
  4. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20180 issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20180 issue: I installed Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20180 and lost sound. Please help me to fix it. I use Realtek audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-insider-preview-build-20180-issue/ac99235e-99d4-4b73-8d41-47e3140e3d6f
  5. windows insider preview downloading

windows insider preview downloading: fails to download preview 20201.trried every possible thing .Not fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-preview-downloading/79bdc0a1-ab9d-40b9-8423-431370dc9698
  6. Windows Insider Preview

Windows Insider Preview: I recently joined the windows insider preview under first ring. Because of the constant updates i switched to slow ring and then opted out of the insider preview. My question is that now that i have opted out, will i still continue to receive stable preview builds up until...
  7. Windows Insider Preview bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Insider Preview bug: I downloaded and installed windows insider preview, i went to settings, it said that windows is not activated, although it was activated before the update. What should I do? submitted by /u/AngryBlue100 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 Insider Preview

Windows 10 Insider Preview: Received error code 0x80070005 after 2 attempts to update WIN 10 PRO to build 19037.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-insider-preview/8a18962b-b34c-4f78-a144-2ec01861a96b
  9. Windows 10 insider preview

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 insider preview: I am using windows 10 insider preview. but windows ask me to active windows.. what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-insider-preview/c0c53564-d18d-43dd-80b7-8227266e2345"
  10. Windows Insider Preview.

Windows Insider Preview.: I have changed my insider account login .windows now giving me message that " Note: It will take some time to receive a build after changing your setting" since last three days. How do I get the latest insider preview?...