Windows 10: Windows Insider Preview: Update Error "We couldn’t install updates because there’s a...

Discus and support Windows Insider Preview: Update Error "We couldn’t install updates because there’s a... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, OS Build 19613.1005. I'm looking forward to leave the insider preview having problems because of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dvzm9, Oct 1, 2020.

1. dvzm9 Win User

Windows Insider Preview: Update Error "We couldn’t install updates because there’s a...

Hello,

I'm using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, OS Build 19613.1005.

I'm looking forward to leave the insider preview having problems because of it all the time for about half a year now. Today finally a new update came out and I want to install it and leave the insider preview. The update is: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version Next 10.0.19613.1005KB4558320.

Unfortunatelly, I receive following error when trying to install the Update:

"We couldn’t install updates because there’s a problem with the date and time information on your device. Make sure that your date, time and time zone settings are correct and we’ll try again later."

I can say with absolute certainty that the time on my device is correct. The error has 100% nothing to do with the date and time setting. There is a very high probability that it is a Windows Insider Preview error. Does anyone have any ideas how I can solve the problem? Otherwise I'll have to completely reinstall my system ...

And before everyone asks the very first question: Yes, I use an official version of Windows. And no, I didn't activate Windows illegally or purchase a product key from a dubious website ...

Many thanks to those users who seriously want to help me.

:)

dvzm9, Oct 1, 2020
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, Oct 1, 2020
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Windows Insider Preview: Update Error "We couldn’t install updates because there’s a...

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows Insider Preview: Update Error "We couldn’t install updates because there’s a...

1. Windows Insider Preview: Update Error "We couldn’t install updates because there’s a... - Similar Threads - Insider Preview Update

2. Insider update is not installing [Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insider update is not installing [Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview...: The update is not getting installed . I've tried several times but still getting the same error. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-update-is-not-installing-cumulative-update/72068990-a35f-47eb-be28-d769b44a968e
  3. Insider update is not installing [Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insider update is not installing [Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview...: The update is not getting installed . I've tried several times but still getting the same error. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-update-is-not-installing-cumulative-update/72068990-a35f-47eb-be28-d769b44a968e
  4. We couldn’t complete updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn’t complete updates: Hello Reddit! Sorry if this is something really obvious but I keep trying to install updates on my windows 10 pc and it never works. It just ends up saying “we couldn’t complete updates, reverting changes”. Any suggestions? I hope it’s an easy fix as I use my desktop for...
  5. “We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows 10: [ATTACH] Trying to install windows 10 from windows 7, and I keep getting this error message. I'll be honest I'm not super computer savvy but if someone could explain to me in laymen's terms how to fix this I'd really appreciate it. I've included a screenshot of my disk...
  6. We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows: Hi, I tried following the windows support article (for MBR) to try and resolve the above issue so that updates to 1903 could be applied. At step 10 you are instructed to backup permission to the srp drive and ensure all files are shown as successful and none are failed. When...
  7. We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows: Hi, I tried following the windows support article (for MBR) to try and resolve the above issue so that updates to 1903 could be applied. At step 10 you are instructed to backup permission to the srp drive and ensure all files are shown as successful and none are failed. When...
  8. We couldn’t connect to the update service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn’t connect to the update service: When i try to check for updates it just shows: We couldn’t connect to the update service. (While i can manually download KB's just fine) Its a new pc build and windows install. Running windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.253. I'v only got 5 hotfixes installed atm....
  9. We couldn’t install some updates because the PC was turned off

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t install some updates because the PC was turned off: [ATTACH] If Windows 10 Updates throws out this error We couldn’t install some updates because the PC was turned off, then here is what you need to do to get out of this mess. These updates usually happen for some basic [...] This post We couldn’t install some updates because...
  10. We couldn’t install or update Windows 10 – 0xC1900101 error

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t install or update Windows 10 – 0xC1900101 error: [ATTACH] When it comes to installing or Updating Windows 10, there are tons of issues you could face. Most of the time there is an error message that the system shows to help you figure out the problem. This post will [...] This post We couldn’t install or update Windows 10...