Windows 10: Windows insider program locked hard drive after update

Discus and support Windows insider program locked hard drive after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was/am a member of the Windows Insider program, About 5 days ago, I got an update and when I tried to log on, it did not recognize my credentials, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CharlesFerraris, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Windows insider program locked hard drive after update

I was/am a member of the Windows Insider program, About 5 days ago, I got an update and when I tried to log on, it did not recognize my credentials, I tried going back to the most recent workable update and then I get there was no bootable drive on my laptop. I got my recovery thumb drive and tried to repair and it said that my hard drive is locked. I tried the chkdsk and bootrec repairs with no success. What else can I do?

:)

CharlesFerraris, Jan 16, 2019
  2. little cat, Jan 16, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Windows insider program locked hard drive after update

Installing Windows 10 after replacing hard drive

I tried to install Windows on my hard drive. The installation seemed to go well but the last step in the process was to update the program. The computer locked during the updating and continued to update for a day, when I did an emergency shut down.
    I repeated this process and gave up. Any suggestions?

LovellBryant, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows insider program locked hard drive after update

1. Windows insider program locked hard drive after update - Similar Threads - insider program locked

2. hibernation locked hard drive after hard cable disconnect problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hibernation locked hard drive after hard cable disconnect problem: peace, i just bought new WDC 4TB hard Disk, everything run OK until i turn on PC from hibernation, after that the partition icon from my new disk appeared with no space on "my computer" and my computer was loading trying to load partition with no success, i tried to format...
  3. hibernation locked hard drive after hard cable disconnect problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hibernation locked hard drive after hard cable disconnect problem: peace, i just bought new WDC 4TB hard Disk, everything run OK until i turn on PC from hibernation, after that the partition icon from my new disk appeared with no space on "my computer" and my computer was loading trying to load partition with no success, i tried to format...
  4. hibernation locked hard drive after hard cable disconnect problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive Spins After Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive Spins After Windows update: After the November update now just about every time I access my C disk or open certain programs I hear my hard drive spin up for a few seconds. I never had this before the update it would only spin up or down when booting or shutting down. How big of a problem is this? I know...
  6. hard drive is locked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hard drive is locked: After the last win update my hard drive with the operating system is locked. How can I unlock the hard drive? I've tried in Command Prompt. It didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-is-locked/fdb8b2a1-fd87-4b1e-b499-3fe365d30e4b
  7. hard drive missing after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hard drive missing after windows update: All my local disks, except for disk C, disappeared after the last update. To fix it, I deleted the last update and then they were back again. But in a few days after a new update KB4560960, the disks were gone again. I tried uninstalling the newest update again, but I...
  8. Lock Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Hard Drive: Hello fellow redditors. My laptop has a 32GB SSD and 500GB Hard Drive. I've installed windows on the SSD and now I want to lock in order to not install anything else on it and allow only Windows stuff to go in it. Thanks. submitted by /u/galaxytl [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows insider program update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows insider program update: I recently updated my windows 10 version to insider build 17713.rs5 release. After the update I started getting BSOD ( Page fault in nonpaged area ) and when the laptop restarts after the BSOD I am not being able to see any font on the laptop. I have tried running chdsk, sfc...
  10. Hard Drive Locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Locked: Hello so before this problem occurred I attempted to transfer my main drive with Windows 10 on it to a larger drive using the western digital software. After this my computer restarted, and when I tried signed in I would get a flickering screen/black screen with cursor. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hard drive locked after windows 10 update

2. unlock hard drive after win updates