Windows 10: Windows Insider Program Update - Lost Ownership Of Main HardDrive And Others

Discus and support Windows Insider Program Update - Lost Ownership Of Main HardDrive And Others in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I signed up for windows insider program ... Just to get the MUCH NEEDED dark theme for Windows Explorer. I am so sorry I did so... My drives are so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rumble7Fish, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Windows Insider Program Update - Lost Ownership Of Main HardDrive And Others

I signed up for windows insider program ... Just to get the MUCH NEEDED dark theme for Windows Explorer.

I am so sorry I did so...

My drives are so messed up. I've tried every possible thing I can in editing the ownership settings. I've done it all. I've read countless things online of everything to change in those settings. I've now lost permission of my main drive (the drive Windows is actually installed on!!!!!!!!!!!) - I can't save files to it...

I really don't want to have to reinstall windows. For some reason, I also can't log-in to Windows Live website ???? Does that mean when I reinstall windows I won't be able to activate my account or something?

I'm so lost.

:)

Rumble7Fish, Nov 18, 2018

2. Ownership not applying to subfolders of 2nd harddrive?

found a way to get permissions working
    it is definitely a bug, why this is happens? dunno... it's microsoft... whatever let me say what i did

i repeated the steps of take ownership by right click on hdd icon > settings > security > advanced > changed the owner by retype my user on the list > check the two checkboxes (container and the other one) at the same time and apply > took some minutes to write the permisisons of all files and folders.

ALSO, i ran the TAKEOWN command on elevated prompt just right after this (i think this is what made me overwrite files again on that harddrive)

and voila, i was able to edit my old files writen on old windows installation
    this might be useful to someone: windows 7 - How would I use Takeown to take ownership of all folders on one drive? - Super User

jorjaofino, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Receiving preview Windows updates even I'm not opt-in for the Insider Program

Hi Red,

This issue installing Windows Insider could have happened due to the version of your Windows. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Which version of Windows are you running?
    • Have you tried registering on Windows Insider?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided in this
    article.
    This will give you a step to stop receiving Windows Insider updates.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Windows Insider Program Update - Lost Ownership Of Main HardDrive And Others

Windows insider program update issue

I keep getting a failed update "nice new yuppie friendly Blue screen" with my attempt to update to Windows new 14951 build...anyone else?

I am NOT referring to the intermittent download/internet issues that are pasted all over google when you search this update either..mine downloads, restarts, then fails somewhere in the process when it is loading the newly installed system update

im curious if anyone else is having issues

win 10 pro 14.936.1000 1607

failing on 14951.insider program "fast"

jboydgolfer, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows Insider Program Update - Lost Ownership Of Main HardDrive And Others

1. Windows Insider Program Update - Lost Ownership Of Main HardDrive And Others - Similar Threads - Insider Program Update

2. Latest Windows Update/insider program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows Update/insider program: Since mid-last week, I have been trying to install the latest pre-release/preview: 10.025120.1010/Oxc1900101. I get through the first part okay, however when the computer restarts to the second part, it gets as far as 91% and won't go any further. I've let it go for as long...
  3. Latest Windows Update/insider program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows Update/insider program: Since mid-last week, I have been trying to install the latest pre-release/preview: 10.025120.1010/Oxc1900101. I get through the first part okay, however when the computer restarts to the second part, it gets as far as 91% and won't go any further. I've let it go for as long...
  4. Programs lost after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs lost after Windows Update: Last night, I upgraded my Windows 10 version 1909 to 20H2 via Windows Media creation tool. I ticked on "keep personal files and apps" option. After the update, there was a message like "here's the legal stuff" where I only allowed to select Decline or Accept. I selected...
  5. Windows Insider Program Updating Issue...

Windows Insider Program Updating Issue...: Hey everyone! Hope you all are having a nice day or night, whenever you're reading this. I've been having a problem for several weeks now with my Windows 10 Computer. I have a Surface Go 2 running Windows 10 2004 latest official update. I have enrolled in the Windows Insider...
  6. Trying to update with windows insider program

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to update with windows insider program: Hi, i just registered for windows insider program to get the latest update. But in my diagnostic data the two options are greyed out. I have tried to set 3 in the regedit but that doesnt work! 165696
  7. Lost windows key due to harddrive failure

Lost windows key due to harddrive failure: After having a hard drive failure recently and installing windows 10 on a new drive I can't gain access to my Old windows 10 key and don't know what to do about it. I've tried talking to support but they have not been helpful. I originally had windows 8 on this machine years...
  8. Lost autocad 2013 after windows 10 update along with other programs.

Lost autocad 2013 after windows 10 update along with other programs.: Did an update only to find I have lost my autocad 2013 software, Keyspersky internet security and goodness knows what else, had to purchase a new office package. Why are you not notifying before the update ???, you are now costing me well over £2000.00 per year to sort this...
  9. Windows insider program update

Windows insider program update: I recently updated my windows 10 version to insider build 17713.rs5 release. After the update I started getting BSOD ( Page fault in nonpaged area ) and when the laptop restarts after the BSOD I am not being able to see any font on the laptop. I have tried running chdsk, sfc...
  10. Ownership not applying to subfolders of 2nd harddrive?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ownership not applying to subfolders of 2nd harddrive?: Hi, I search about this and didn't found a solution for this headache i'm having What is going on: i have a second harddrive (not external/usb) and all my files on this is with wrong ownership So, i tried use the "take ownership" menu context helper and also the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows insider program update

2. windows insider program will not update

3. how i update lost program