Windows 10: Windows Insiders error 0x80072ee2 but Windows Update works fine.

Discus and support Windows Insiders error 0x80072ee2 but Windows Update works fine. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been trying to fix this for a long time now using Windows Repair tool but It did not help, restarting update services etc. Should I try maybe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dedqq, May 12, 2020.

1. /u/dedqq Win User

Windows Insiders error 0x80072ee2 but Windows Update works fine.

I have been trying to fix this for a long time now using Windows Repair tool but It did not help, restarting update services etc. Should I try maybe changing my Windows Insiders type (the "slow" and "fast ring" thing) and how, some say that could be a solution.

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/dedqq
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dedqq, May 12, 2020

2. Windows Update Error 0x80072EE2

Hi Karen,

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor. I would like to help you. Turning off the firewall in windows control panel will eventually help you to fix this error code 0x80072ee2, you need to follow some steps to turn off the firewall:

Go to Control panel > search “Firewall” inside the control panel.

Click on windows firewall > Turn firewall on or off.

how to fix the error code 0x80072ee2

Sponsored Ads

Place these connections off and then apply these changes, this will help you to fix the error code 0x80072ee2 easily. Just follow the given steps and make the possible changes which may help you to remove this error code, after making these changes just check
    that this error code 0x80072ee2 is fixed or not.

Let me know, please. kinds Regards

DouglasMillar69, May 12, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 12, 2020
  4. Windows Insiders error 0x80072ee2 but Windows Update works fine.

Updating Windows 10 Error 0x80072ee2

I get this error when trying to update Windows 10. Error 0x80072ee2. How can I fix this?

Kaylee1421, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows Insiders error 0x80072ee2 but Windows Update works fine.

1. Windows Insiders error 0x80072ee2 but Windows Update works fine. - Similar Threads - Insiders error 0x80072ee2

2. Error 0x80072EE2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80072EE2: I am trying to install the Minecraft Launcher on my Windows 10 PC through the Microsoft store but every time I try to install it I get the Error 0x80072EE2. I dont know what to do....
  3. Error 0x80072EE2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x80072EE2: I am trying to install the Minecraft Launcher on my Windows 10 PC through the Microsoft store but every time I try to install it I get the Error 0x80072EE2. I dont know what to do....
  4. Error 0x80072EE2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Windows Store Error - 0x80072ee2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Error - 0x80072ee2: So, I was on Windows 8.1 and loaded the store but I got error 0x80072ee2. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-error-0x80072ee2/8c13119d-748d-49ea-aff4-a67c9b3a66ef
  6. Windows 10 error 0x80072EE2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 error 0x80072EE2: My pc updated itself offline after a day it started to say it's unactivated and it gave me error code : 0x80072EE2 [IMG] After that I tried to fix it and I've found that it's sppscvSoftware Protection it stopped it dont wanna start how do I fix this...
  7. I have error 0x80072ee2 while logging in Insider Program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have error 0x80072ee2 while logging in Insider Program.: I tried many different ways, but no one is just not working for my OS. Build:Windows 10 1909 (18363.476). submitted by /u/julia425646 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw0k1o/i_have_error_0x80072ee2_while_logging_in_insider/
  8. Windows Update Error 0x80072EE2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Error 0x80072EE2: Tried to install Audible on HP Laptop using Windows 10 & just keep getting this message. Can anyone help? [Original Title: 0x80072EE2] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-0x80072ee2/8a57d23c-45a8-41fe-82df-c026ae357a56
  9. Windows 10 activation error with code ( 0x80072EE2)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation error with code ( 0x80072EE2): Dear all, I have a trouble that related activate Windows 10. I have a digital license for Windows 10 and active succesfully but recently, my windows 10 informed Window is not activated. I dont understand where error is? When I try to active Window, it showed code...
  10. Fix Windows Update Error 0x80072EE2

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows Update Error 0x80072EE2: [ATTACH] When trying to download Windows 10 Update, if you receive an error code 0x80072EE2, then something is blocking the Update service on Windows and preventing it from connecting to the Microsoft Server. This error code means ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT, and along with this...
Tags: