Windows 10: Windows install consistently fails

Discus and support Windows install consistently fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've spent about four days tearing my hair out over this. Windows installation media operated nominally and installs on nvme drives. One is a 660p 1tb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TJDokas, Oct 5, 2019.

1. TJDokas Win User

Windows install consistently fails

I've spent about four days tearing my hair out over this.

Windows installation media operated nominally and installs on nvme drives. One is a 660p 1tb and the other is a 970 evo 500gb. However, after installation completes and system reboots, the OS hangs on "getting ready," reboots, and then freeze. Specifically, when the spinning dots stop spinning. It registers mouse input but stays on the windows logo with the frozen dots indefinitely.

This happens regardless of UEFI or CSM being enabled/ disabled, with any flash drive, (media tool version 19.03), in two different systems. System specifications listed below. Drives work nominally when used as secondary storage on a working windows install, but do not seem to be capable of being used as a boot drive, which for me is not satisfactory. Could someone please direct me to a possible fix? Online help for windows install is bloated with the simple power on/off and reinstall media ****.

Drives have been tested using chkdsk, diskpart formatting, and system check (I forget the name atm). Any help is appreciated, but pleas: I've been building PC's for years now and I'd very much appreciate not having to sift through more recommendations of checking connections and reinstalling windows. If you don't know (and I don't blame you) please just refrain from commenting.

Additionally, sometimes it gives a little loading wheel for a fraction of a second with seemingly no effect, and I have no OC’s set as far as cpu and ram are concerned. RAM fully functional as well

:)

TJDokas, Oct 5, 2019
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Oct 5, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 5, 2019
  4. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows install consistently fails - Similar Threads - install consistently fails

2. Windows 11 Home Update KB5029263 consistently failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home Update KB5029263 consistently failed: The subject failure occured after trying EVERYTHING offered in MS forum and outside forums, short of installing and using 3rd party utility software, which I avoid. I emphasize I tried everything suggested, including update troubleshooter, disabling all non-MS services using...
  3. Windows 11 Home Update KB5029263 consistently failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home Update KB5029263 consistently failed: The subject failure occured after trying EVERYTHING offered in MS forum and outside forums, short of installing and using 3rd party utility software, which I avoid. I emphasize I tried everything suggested, including update troubleshooter, disabling all non-MS services using...
  4. Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed: To help you understand all the effort I and the Volunteer Moderator put into this you can see it at which is now locked:Failed Update of feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 - Microsoft CommunityJust yesterday I solved the issue which to all intents appeared...
  5. Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed: To help you understand all the effort I and the Volunteer Moderator put into this you can see it at which is now locked:Failed Update of feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 - Microsoft CommunityJust yesterday I solved the issue which to all intents appeared...
  6. Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Updates Consistently Failing after Clean Install

Windows Updates Consistently Failing after Clean Install: Windows Update is consistently failing on my machine, and it's been doing this since December when I wiped the entire system and did a fresh, factory install. I've tried a number of options to troubleshoot but nothing seems to work - the system tries to install updates,...
  8. Unable to install Windows 10 Feature Update 20H2; consistently fails with 0x80242016 error

Unable to install Windows 10 Feature Update 20H2; consistently fails with 0x80242016 error: I have failed trying to install the update several dozen times. This is Windows 10 Pro. I have tried many of the suggested remedies with no success. This includes: trying from a clean boot; resetting Windows updates using an automatic script from yourwindowsguide; clean up...
  9. Windows 7 to 10 update failing consistently

Windows 7 to 10 update failing consistently: Hi Guys, I'm finally making the move from 7 to 10, but I keep having the same issue. I downloaded the update tool, let it run, all seemed good until the second restart. The program ran to 100, restarted, installation went to about 30%, restarted again... Then it hit...
  10. System Restore consistently fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore consistently fails: Whenever I attempt a system restore, from any of the available restore points, I'm consistently given the following error: System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. Details: System Restore failed to replace...