Windows 10: Windows Install ISO from USB won't launch

Discus and support Windows Install ISO from USB won't launch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey Everyone, I need your help. I have a Windows 10 computer that appears has crashed. It says your pc/device needs to be repaired. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelBeard4, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Windows Install ISO from USB won't launch

Hey Everyone,

I need your help.

I have a Windows 10 computer that appears has crashed. It says your pc/device needs to be repaired. I have downloaded the windows installation media for windows 10 64 bit to create a bootable ISO on a thumb drive. When booting from the thumb drive I get the error screen saying The operating system couldn't be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors.

File: \windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe Error Code 0xc0000221.

I attempted to hit F8 in that screen for startup settings and have attempted to boot in cmd prompt to run a chdksk, or in safe mode with and without networking, and get the same screen.

I have tried multiple different ways of getting the ISO on the thumb drive from using Rufus to using the windows media creator tool. I am lost and could use some help if anyone out there can help!

Thank You in advance!

:)

MichaelBeard4, Aug 16, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 16, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Windows Install ISO from USB won't launch

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

you can use pendrive with win too. in step 1 you have to select "custom iso"(or "other" cant remember how exactly it was dubed) and point win .iso file. i've used it for my install usb stick and it works fine.

ne6togadno, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Install ISO from USB won't launch

1. Windows Install ISO from USB won't launch - Similar Threads - Install ISO USB

2. Usb windows installation iso

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb windows installation iso: So I installed windows on a usb and plugged it in cuz I was having issues, it didn’t work so I went to bios and changed the boot manager thingy to the usb and it worked . If I take the usb out will windows not work? I clicked the option to download it on my 475gb stuff which...
  3. Usb windows installation iso

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb windows installation iso: So I installed windows on a usb and plugged it in cuz I was having issues, it didn’t work so I went to bios and changed the boot manager thingy to the usb and it worked . If I take the usb out will windows not work? I clicked the option to download it on my 475gb stuff which...
  4. Usb windows installation iso

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. install windows iso from usb flash drive over network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install windows iso from usb flash drive over network: i have trouble with a pc that cannot use its usb ports because it was fried. i dont have any disk that are capable to put windows installer in. only had a 29 gb flash drive lying around....
  6. install windows iso from usb flash drive over network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    install windows iso from usb flash drive over network: i have trouble with a pc that cannot use its usb ports because it was fried. i dont have any disk that are capable to put windows installer in. only had a 29 gb flash drive lying around....
  7. Windows 10 won't install from USB. Help!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't install from USB. Help!!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Reddit_user_Cita09 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lx1ak1/windows_10_wont_install_from_usb_help/
  8. installing windows 10 from a usb iso

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    installing windows 10 from a usb iso: Hi there, I've been trying to reinstall windows 10 on my Lenovo V110-15AST laptop for a month, but unsuccessfully. I watched many videos and used the CMD prompt but dd not succeed. My problem started when I deleted the partition where the windows 10 was installed after...
  9. Windows 10 won't install from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't install from USB: I brought Windows 10 Home edition a couple of years ago and am just trying to install it on my Mac. I followed the instructions on the box insert USB Power on computer hold down option key to boot computer from usb select the usb but the program won't install. What...
  10. Windows 10 USB Installer to ISO

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 USB Installer to ISO: Hey guys is this possible? Because I will put in my DVD Drive from my old PC to my newer build because i can't seem to use my flash drive to install windows because it's giving me "Windows can only be installed on GPT disks" error. 70782