Windows 10: Windows Install ISO from USB won't launch

Discus and support Windows Install ISO from USB won't launch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey Everyone, I need your help. I have a Windows 10 computer that appears has crashed. It says your pc/device needs to be repaired. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelBeard4, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Windows Install ISO from USB won't launch

Hey Everyone,

I need your help.

I have a Windows 10 computer that appears has crashed. It says your pc/device needs to be repaired. I have downloaded the windows installation media for windows 10 64 bit to create a bootable ISO on a thumb drive. When booting from the thumb drive I get the error screen saying The operating system couldn't be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors.

File: \windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe Error Code 0xc0000221.

I attempted to hit F8 in that screen for startup settings and have attempted to boot in cmd prompt to run a chdksk, or in safe mode with and without networking, and get the same screen.

I have tried multiple different ways of getting the ISO on the thumb drive from using Rufus to using the windows media creator tool. I am lost and could use some help if anyone out there can help!

Thank You in advance!

:)

MichaelBeard4, Aug 16, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 16, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Windows Install ISO from USB won't launch

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

you can use pendrive with win too. in step 1 you have to select "custom iso"(or "other" cant remember how exactly it was dubed) and point win .iso file. i've used it for my install usb stick and it works fine.

ne6togadno, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Install ISO from USB won't launch

1. Windows Install ISO from USB won't launch - Similar Threads - Install ISO USB

2. install from iso problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    install from iso problem: I am trying to instal win 10 onto an empty SSD drive in my laptop (thinkpad). The iso is on a usb drive. It starts the install but when I get to the drive it says...... "windows cannot be installed on drive 0 partition 1, setup does not support configuration of or...
  3. windows installation from downloaded .iso

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows installation from downloaded .iso: please help me i have downloaded windows.iso for windows10 but unble to write either on dvd or able to load it in my pc working on windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installation-from-downloaded-iso/d0996bc8-7bf1-4d39-a7d0-37061cfc31d3
  4. Windows won't reboot to install updates with ISO

Windows won't reboot to install updates with ISO: I'm doing an in-place update with an ISO file from the C drive. When I click setup it works fine and the blue screen progresses all the way to 100%. But after it says it's going to reboot, nothing happens and a window pops up saying "Windows 10 installation failed.". I have...
  5. Copy ISO to USB from Mac

Copy ISO to USB from Mac: My desktop's hard disk failed. I have bought a new one. I downloaded 64 bit windows 10 on my Mac. How to make bootable usb drive to install fresh version of windows 10?...
  6. Windows 10 USB Installer to ISO

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 USB Installer to ISO: Hey guys is this possible? Because I will put in my DVD Drive from my old PC to my newer build because i can't seem to use my flash drive to install windows because it's giving me "Windows can only be installed on GPT disks" error. 70782
  7. Shortcut won't launch iTunes. Can launch from .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut won't launch iTunes. Can launch from .exe: The "target" and "start in" settings are identical: C:\Program Files\iTunes.exe. The "open file location" button goes to the correct folder and file. Each time I click the shortcut a new instance of iTunes appears in Task Manager, but nothing appears on the screen. If I go...
  8. Install on 8.1 from ISO?

Install on 8.1 from ISO?: I have a laptop running 8.1Pro. I downloaded the ISO, and mounted it on the laptop via the mount-iso capability. I attempted to run setup.exe from the mounted drive. All was ok until I get prompted for a product key.. Isn't the in-place upgrade via setup *supposed* to *see*...
  9. How to easily make an installation USB stick from an ISO

How to easily make an installation USB stick from an ISO: So you want to reinstall Windows 10, or maybe dual-boot with Linux? Then (especially with Linux) you are like "How to I make the ISO installable from?" Then you've come to the right place. Use this software called Rufus (rufus.akeo.ie). Its really fast and can use about any...
  10. Launch app from USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Launch app from USB drive: I have just gotten Windows 10 Surface Pro(2017) which comes with 512GB SSD drive. I want to create a data partition out of this SSD. I know the W10 utility(disk management) appears to allow this, but I want to use a utility I have used for long time. My problem is that the...