Windows 10: Windows Install Issues - SSD not in Bios after initial Install

Discus and support Windows Install Issues - SSD not in Bios after initial Install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a SSD M.2 as my only drive. I am trying a fresh install on a new build. 1TB WD Black I created a USB install bootable with Rufus. I go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ProficientMess, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Windows Install Issues - SSD not in Bios after initial Install

I have a SSD M.2 as my only drive. I am trying a fresh install on a new build. 1TB WD Black

I created a USB install bootable with Rufus.

I go into Bios before the install and make sure that it can see the SSD and USB. Set priority. Set to UEFI only.

I can go through the process of the install and when it checks all the steps it says restart in 10 seconds. Then it restarts.

Upon restart it goes strait into the starting screen for a new install.. Like the very first screen! So I tried to do it again it runs the exact same setup and cycles through to the same place.. The Original screen again.

I exit into BIOS and look at the bootable disks... and the M.1 slot doesnt show up. Its just the UEFI USB device.

So I dug and dug... I changed from MBR to GPT... and tried. Doesnt let me select the SSD when selecting location to install. I can see it but it says it cant select the drive.

I Hit Shift + F10 (CMD) And typed Diskpart It shows up in there. Thats how I have cleaned it then transferred it to MBR to GPT and back.

So the windows installer can see my drive. So can the CMD Diskpart - List Disk.

Bios can see it until after I try to install. After I install It just goes right back to the first Install screen.

I even tried pulling the usb after it powered down before it started up. It just gives me a screen that says no bootable devices found.

Any idea what I need to do? Ive installed windows on 6-8 machines in the past few years and never have run into this maddness! Im On hour 12 of trying to get this up and running... Im wore out!

submitted by /u/ProficientMess
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ProficientMess, Jan 20, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Mark7805 Win User
    Issue with Windows 7 installing

On the second step of installing Windows 7 it just locks up and won't continue with installation. I talked to my friend in town (Urbklr on Techpowerup) and he believes it's my chipset. I can't get a hold of him to find out how I could update my bios and such.

Mark7805, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Windows Install Issues - SSD not in Bios after initial Install

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows Install Issues - SSD not in Bios after initial Install

1. Windows Install Issues - SSD not in Bios after initial Install - Similar Threads - Install Issues SSD

2. New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.: Hello! I'm trying to install a new SSD in my Yoga laptop. I am using the Windows 10 media creation tool on a USB stick. On my first attempt, everything seemed to be going right, and the drive was visible when I got to the point to select an installation location. It started...
  3. New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.: Hello! I'm trying to install a new SSD in my Yoga laptop. I am using the Windows 10 media creation tool on a USB stick. On my first attempt, everything seemed to be going right, and the drive was visible when I got to the point to select an installation location. It started...
  4. New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. SSD detected by BIOS but not by Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD detected by BIOS but not by Windows 10 installation: Hi! I am building a new pc and ran into an issue with the SSD. I put in a Crucial p5 plus 1TB M.2.SSD, a Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX and a AMD ryzen 5 7600x. When I go into the BIOS it detects the SSD and it also passes all the self tests. However when I try to install...
  6. SSD detected by BIOS but not by Windows 10 installation

SSD detected by BIOS but not by Windows 10 installation: Hi! I am building a new pc and ran into an issue with the SSD. I put in a Crucial p5 plus 1TB M.2.SSD, a Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX and a AMD ryzen 5 7600x. When I go into the BIOS it detects the SSD and it also passes all the self tests. However when I try to install...
  7. Windows Install Issues It wont! - SSD not in Bios after initial Install

Windows Install Issues It wont! - SSD not in Bios after initial Install: I have a SSD M.2 as my only drive. I am trying a fresh install on a new build. 1TB WD Black I created a USB install bootable with Rufus. I go into Bios before the install and make sure that it can see the SSD and USB. Set priority. Set to UEFI only. I can go through the...
  8. Unable to install Windows, SSD not detecting in BIOS

Unable to install Windows, SSD not detecting in BIOS: Right off the bat, I'm on Linux Mint, trying to install windows again for a dual boot. I've already made sure the ISO is no corrupted, (downloaded twice, built a VM with both, even tried windows 8, all have the same problem) I've tried the unplug half way through method,...
  9. Installing SSD not detected by BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing SSD not detected by BIOS: Sequence of installing new SSD. Disconnected the HDD with Windows. Fitted Syba 4 Sata PCI-E card Fitted Samsung 500GB 860 SSD connected to Syba 4 Sata PCI-E card Installed Windows 10 Home in Samsung 500GB 860 SSD Windows installed fine in the SSD. Entered the BIOS to set the...
  10. SSD Won't Install Windows/Won't Initialize

SSD Won't Install Windows/Won't Initialize: I recently got a new SSD to fix a problem with my old HDD but really the problem was my motherboard. I then ordered a new PC and the computer techs put my 1 month old SSD in the new PC. Yesterday I bought Windows and went to install it via a USB flash drive. On the 2nd step...