Windows 10: Windows Install not working on Clean Hard drive SSD

Discus and support Windows Install not working on Clean Hard drive SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I've spent the last few hours trying to work out what is going on here: maybe someone can help? I've got a brand new Kingston SSD and trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sploxon, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Sploxon Win User

Windows Install not working on Clean Hard drive SSD

Hi I've spent the last few hours trying to work out what is going on here: maybe someone can help?

I've got a brand new Kingston SSD and trying to get Windows install on it my old SSD works absolutely fine, and I can plug it back up and boot Windows fine on my custom pc

I have used the Windows Installation/Media creation tool, FAT32 usb flash drive my MSI motherboard requires FAT32

I have tried booting from USB in two main ways: with the new SSD connected, and without the new SSD connected, I get the same error in both scenarios:

I see various bugs occurring, the main one being that the Windows logo freezes on a black background, and then gradually over the course of about a minute about 8 or 9 white pixels appear at random places on the black screen, and then nothing else happens.

A second bug occurs sometimes though I'm not sure exactly when: a sort of yellow buggy screen appears with strange yellow horizontal lines and other colours of pixels and lines; This stays for about three seconds and then I might be taken to the MSI Bios screen, or to the above bug depending on boot order basically;

I have set the USB flash drive as the boot drive followed by the new hard drive; and tried a few other orders. I have also tried taking out one of the RAM to try and force a reset of the settings; I have not yet tried clearing CMOS.

Just to clarify, I have used the Windows media creation tool successfully and properly to generate a 4.55 GB set of files on my USB drive which includes things like setup, autorun, boot folder, etc. I have also tried a second external drive just to make sure.

It just seems like a unique problem because I have Googled 'frozen logo' with 'white pixels' / 'dots' appearing, for Windows installation but I didn't see anything similar.

I installed my last version of Windows absolutely fine on the previous SSD, and using the same flash drive but it was a different Installation Media download, i.e. an old one, not the latest one; As I say, the PC worked absolutely fine, and still does if I plug the old hard drive back in. I thought it would be just as easy as last time but something is obviously not working, whether that is the MSI motherboard or some combination of everything?

:)

Sploxon, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Wile E Win User

Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: Perform a Clean Install with a Vista Upgrade Disc | Windows Vista Tips / Tricks /Tutorials | Vista Rewired

Wile E, Jan 11, 2021
  3. little cat, Jan 11, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

cant install windows 8 on my cruciall ssd drive

Yeah, that was going to be my next suggestion. You can actually access the command prompt from inside the Windows installer, then run DiskPart and do a Clean command on the drive.

newtekie1, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Install not working on Clean Hard drive SSD - Similar Threads - Install working Clean

2. Would disconnecting my hard drive, clean installing windows 11 to my ssd and then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would disconnecting my hard drive, clean installing windows 11 to my ssd and then...: I am getting the 0xc000000e error saying i am missing winload.exe and i have tried all i can with the command prompt from videos and website such as the bootrec /rebuildboot, etc and i cant get anything to work. If i did disconnect my hard drive then clean install windows 11...
  3. Would disconnecting my hard drive, clean installing windows 11 to my ssd and then...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Would disconnecting my hard drive, clean installing windows 11 to my ssd and then...: I am getting the 0xc000000e error saying i am missing winload.exe and i have tried all i can with the command prompt from videos and website such as the bootrec /rebuildboot, etc and i cant get anything to work. If i did disconnect my hard drive then clean install windows 11...
  4. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD: HiI have an HP-Envy 360. It has both an SSD drive and a normal hard drive. Originally the SSD was allocated to be the C: drive and the hard drive D:. Windows was installed and booted of the SSD C: drive.I reinstalled Windows and this situation seems to have swapped over, i.e....
  5. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD: HiI have an HP-Envy 360. It has both an SSD drive and a normal hard drive. Originally the SSD was allocated to be the C: drive and the hard drive D:. Windows was installed and booted of the SSD C: drive.I reinstalled Windows and this situation seems to have swapped over, i.e....
  6. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Clean Installation questions and SSD drives

Clean Installation questions and SSD drives: Ive just got a new PC with a 128gb SSD and a 1 Terabyte Data drive. Ive never had an SSD drive before so this is new to me. If I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB flash drive to clean install Windows 10....what are the differences to be aware of as regards...
  8. Clean Install Windows 10 on SSD & Data on Hard Drive

Clean Install Windows 10 on SSD & Data on Hard Drive: I have Windows 7 on a SSD and my User files, programs, and data on a 1TB hard drive. I plan on doing a clean install and want to keep the same setup. Do I need to format the hard drive also? If not, how do I install Win 10 & put the User files on the hard drive? 56289
  9. Upgrading SSD hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 10

Upgrading SSD hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 10: I have a laptop and a desktop with a 120 gig ssd and a 64 gig SSD respectively. Both computers have conventional hard drives as drive D. I have two 250 gig SSD's on the way. What is the best strategy for moving to the new SSD's and preforming the clean install of Windows 10....
  10. Clean Install on a Working SSD?

Clean Install on a Working SSD?: My current installation has been upgraded several times from Windows 8 to Windows 10. What do I need to do to wipe the current installation on the SSD and do a new clean install? 62779