Windows 10: Windows install on older laptop

Discus and support Windows install on older laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When installing windows 10 on an old dell vostro 3550 computer the graphics switches from the laptop screen to the vga connector and the output can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MO-Missouri, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Windows install on older laptop

When installing windows 10 on an old dell vostro 3550 computer the graphics switches from the laptop screen to the vga connector and the output can be viewed with a vga monitor. I have updated the video driver and that doesn't help. I have another identical laptop that has the same issue.

Maurice

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

MO-Missouri, Feb 16, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Windows install on older laptop

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows install on older laptop

1. Windows install on older laptop - Similar Threads - install older laptop

2. Purchase Windows 11 and install on older laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchase Windows 11 and install on older laptop: I was told by a builder/wholesale supplier of computer parts that MS is making it so older PCs can have Win11 installed as long as it is not the free download. The company who told me said if I buy the DVD I can install W11 as long as the machine has TPM 2.0 and at least a...
  3. Purchase Windows 11 and install on older laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchase Windows 11 and install on older laptop: I was told by a builder/wholesale supplier of computer parts that MS is making it so older PCs can have Win11 installed as long as it is not the free download. The company who told me said if I buy the DVD I can install W11 as long as the machine has TPM 2.0 and at least a...
  4. Can't install older versions of 10 on new laptops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install older versions of 10 on new laptops: Went to reinstall windows on a new 10th gen intel laptop with a 1909 installer created with media creation tool, but the installer couldnt see the drive. Only a 2004 installer can actually see the nvme. Along the same lines, I was trying to clone a windows 10 install to a...
  5. Availability of Windows Updates for older laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Availability of Windows Updates for older laptops: To whom it may concern, I am aware that most if not all Android phones and iPhones reach a point where they do not receive new UI updates from the manufacturer. I have a 6 year old laptop which is still able to receive new Windows updates despite being slow. For this...
  6. 'clean install' of Windows 10 in older laptop

'clean install' of Windows 10 in older laptop: Friends. I've built a few pcs for myself and friends for a few years and have installed and done clean installs on my pc before, but I am questioning my thoughts on my present situation. A customer of mine gave me his old HP Pavilion however it is so full of his old...
  7. Installing older Windows?

Installing older Windows?: Can an older Windows be installed on a notebook with Windows 10 pre-installed? LG Älteres Windows installieren?
  8. Older Laptop - no HD

Older Laptop - no HD: Have an older Compaq nc6220 laptop with no HD installed. Have purchased a new HD and am about to install it. I don't know how to acquire / load Windows 10 Home on that new HD - correct me if I'm wrong, but downloading the license isn't an option cause there's no OS on...
  9. Install an older version of Windows 10

Install an older version of Windows 10: Hi, My Windows 10 was recently updated to 1809, which unfortunately messed up my fps in games (again... had the same issues with 1803). As I already tried all the suggestions available online (disable game bar and full screen optimisations...bla bla), I want to install an...
  10. How best to install windows 10 on an older laptop?

How best to install windows 10 on an older laptop?: I have a bootable USB stick with windows 10 home on it that I used to do a clean install on my main laptop. I was considering using it on an older laptop as well, but my concern is with the validation. The older laptop isn't new enough to have the windows CD key in the bios,...