Windows 10: Windows install on usb taking forever to install

Discus and support Windows install on usb taking forever to install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; my brother is building a pc and i am installing the windows on a usb for his pc and it has taken a hour to get to 50% could i be installing the wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bigchungusmungus, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Windows install on usb taking forever to install

my brother is building a pc and i am installing the windows on a usb for his pc and it has taken a hour to get to 50% could i be installing the wrong thing?

submitted by /u/bigchungusmungus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bigchungusmungus, Aug 3, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

i dont know what you mean, quick format is an option when installing windows xp, vista, and 7.

Mussels, Aug 3, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Windows install on usb taking forever to install

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows install on usb taking forever to install

1. Windows install on usb taking forever to install - Similar Threads - install usb taking

2. Minecraft is taking forever to install on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft is taking forever to install on my computer.: Hello, Microsoft.I need help with my Minecraft Alternative Download,For some reason every time I seem to open it, it always freezes on me. I don't know if it is taking a long time to install or if it is an error.Please let me know!Thanks! :- John...
  3. Minecraft is taking forever to install on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft is taking forever to install on my computer.: Hello, Microsoft.I need help with my Minecraft Alternative Download,For some reason every time I seem to open it, it always freezes on me. I don't know if it is taking a long time to install or if it is an error.Please let me know!Thanks! :- John...
  4. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  5. Windows update yet again taking forever to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update yet again taking forever to install: I am aghast at the unprofessionalism of the MS people. This is the 2 time in 2 days I have to kill the update process on win10.0 Build 17763 as after 4 hours it has only accomplished 15% of its task. 15% after four hours !!!! I am not a MS employee and have very little time...
  6. Windows 10 clean install taking forever and excessive space

Windows 10 clean install taking forever and excessive space: Hi everyone, My dad's hard drive recently crashed and he asked me to help him get a new hard drive and install Windows. He bought a 900 some gb hard drive and a USB install of windows 10 and has been trying to install it all night. The program keeps resetting his computer...
  7. Windows 10 installation working on updates taking forever

Windows 10 installation working on updates taking forever: I installed Windows 10 and I let it run overnight and now it is on working on updates and it is stuck at 91%, should I restart my computer or wait?...
  8. Windows 10 Install Taking Forever

Windows 10 Install Taking Forever: Hello, I have a question regarding Windows 10 Installation & Upgrade. I am trying to install Windows 10 1809 32-bit on my Virtual Box but the installer is stuck in "Getting files ready for installation". The percentage of completion is increasing by 15-30 minute intervals. I...
  9. Windows 10 Update 1803 takes forever to install

Windows 10 Update 1803 takes forever to install: I already know the answer to the question I'm asking - how in gods name can a 'feature update' take so long to actually install on a freshly formatted Core i7 HP notebook that in all other respects performs fine? It stays on 80% for 1/2 hour, then 81%, then 82% for similar...
  10. W10 install taking forever, won't complete

W10 install taking forever, won't complete: Hi guys, Got my self another weird one here. Decided to resurrect an old desktop of mine to give to a family member. When I was using it it was running W7, the only reason I stopped using it is because I built another system. I've whacked a brand new HDD in, replaced the...