Windows 10: windows install - system user name is first 5 digits of email HELP!

Discus and support windows install - system user name is first 5 digits of email HELP! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i set up a new machine a few weeks ago with windows 10. spent days transferring stuff from 2 older machines onto this one. installed all my software.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by onesun, May 31, 2023.

1. onesun Win User

windows install - system user name is first 5 digits of email HELP!

i set up a new machine a few weeks ago with windows 10. spent days transferring stuff from 2 older machines onto this one. installed all my software. it's finally set up the way i need, and then i notice that my system name under \users is the first 5 letters of my email address. it's offensive and embarrassing as it is - totally not when in context with the entire address. ****, microsoft? i'm pretty sure you have developers that are able to code a simple USERNAME request?how do i change this? will i have to reformat, set up a new microsoft account, and start again? please help.

:)

onesun, May 31, 2023

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 31, 2023
  3. Word Man Win User
    Windows 10 changed my user name

Ditto me for mine. Original user folder maintained through upgrade (local account, associated MS account during setup), then during clean install I just tendered the MS account email and got a user folder labeled with the first 5 letters of that email.

If it bothers you, someone in another thread suggested creating the original user as a local account, (selectively) restoring data that matters from the original account from a backup (if you have it, which I do), optionally associating the MS account with the new (old named) user account, and then abandoning the first account you set up with clean install (migrating any abandoned account data that matters first to your preferred account). I've got that as a low priority on my to-do list for the moment.

Of course, WHY what I just suggested might get replaced with a 5 letter account name I intended to abandon a few days later, as you describe, huh - no idea.

Word Man, May 31, 2023
  4. windows install - system user name is first 5 digits of email HELP!

User Name

Hi Bradford,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to have your name instead of email address at login screen.
    If you are using Microsoft account for logging to the system then it will be hard to remove email address and show your name only. However, if you want then you may create new user profile as a local account with administrator permission. In this account
    you may keep the name you want.

For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 31, 2023
Thema:

windows install - system user name is first 5 digits of email HELP!

1. windows install - system user name is first 5 digits of email HELP! - Similar Threads - install system user

2. windows install - system user name is first 5 digits of email HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows install - system user name is first 5 digits of email HELP!: i set up a new machine a few weeks ago with windows 10. spent days transferring stuff from 2 older machines onto this one. installed all my software. it's finally set up the way i need, and then i notice that my system name under \users is the first 5 letters of my email...
  3. windows install - system user name is first 5 digits of email HELP!

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows install - system user name is first 5 digits of email HELP!: i set up a new machine a few weeks ago with windows 10. spent days transferring stuff from 2 older machines onto this one. installed all my software. it's finally set up the way i need, and then i notice that my system name under \users is the first 5 letters of my email...
  4. Why i have 5 user names in the user properties?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why i have 5 user names in the user properties?: Sorry if it is a stupid question, but i'm literally confused, Because I can not understand the differences between 1EVERYONE 2ACCOUNT UNKNOWN then WHYYYY UNKOWN!!!? 3SYSTEMS4Administrators My pc name/Administrators5Users my pc's name/UsersThis is my personal PC and after I...
  5. Why i have 5 user names in the user properties?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why i have 5 user names in the user properties?: Sorry if it is a stupid question, but i'm literally confused, Because I can not understand the differences between 1EVERYONE 2ACCOUNT UNKNOWN then WHYYYY UNKOWN!!!? 3SYSTEMS4Administrators My pc name/Administrators5Users my pc's name/UsersThis is my personal PC and after I...
  6. Why can't user folder names be longer than 5 digits?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't user folder names be longer than 5 digits?: Just curious https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-user-folder-names-be-longer-than-5-digits/92dd3aa8-13a4-4e40-abcf-cba3263fd5a8
  7. Help with Windows User File Names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with Windows User File Names: Hello All, When I first installed Windows 10 in August, the User File name was C:/Users/15135/AppData/..... Somehow, and I don't remember how, I changed the file name to C:/Users/Doug/AppData/..... Everything was fine. I do not allow Windows updates, but in November I...
  8. change user name and email

in Windows 10 Customization
    change user name and email: Hi I have a new name and email and I would like to change my sign in to my pc to my new name and email and still keep all of my settings files etc. Does anyone know how I can do this please?...
  9. Why am I seeing these 5 startup items named with my first name of my User name which don't...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why am I seeing these 5 startup items named with my first name of my User name which don't...: It's sooo frustrating. How do I remove these? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-am-i-seeing-these-5-startup-items-named-with/7db6cda2-aa4b-4b4e-a330-1eeaad6e3d2a
  10. Changing System Name and User Name to match PC Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing System Name and User Name to match PC Name: Annoying detail on my Windows 10 PC. I have a System Name: AL-OFFICE-FLORI and a user name of AL-OFFICE-FLORI/agude as displayed on the System Information page. On the System Properties page, the PC Name is Al-Office-Florida. I sure would like to end up with a System Name...