Windows 10: Windows Install Via USB - 7.53GB Big Enough?

Discus and support Windows Install Via USB - 7.53GB Big Enough? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I see it takes an 8GB USB drive to create a bootable W10 drive. Mine's an 8GB USB but has, when empty, 7.53 GB. Will it all fit on my USB drive anyway?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimlau, Jul 13, 2021.

1. jimlau Win User

Windows Install Via USB - 7.53GB Big Enough?

I see it takes an 8GB USB drive to create a bootable W10 drive. Mine's an 8GB USB but has, when empty, 7.53 GB. Will it all fit on my USB drive anyway? Thanks.

:)

jimlau, Jul 13, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 13, 2021
  3. streetfighter 2, Jul 13, 2021
  4. DaveK Win User

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

Yeah great guide worked for me, I need to install Win 7 on a new build that I'm doing for someone, will be just my luck the mobo won't let me boot from USB *Roll Eyes Windows Install Via USB - 7.53GB Big Enough? :rolleyes:

Yeah some of the installation steps are done in just a second, I was intalling it left the room for 10 minutes came back to check on it to find it at the start screen lol, it installed and rebooted back to the USB, wasn't expecting it to be done so fast.

DaveK, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Install Via USB - 7.53GB Big Enough? - Similar Threads - Install Via USB

2. 30 gb usb not big enough for a 7 gb iso download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 gb usb not big enough for a 7 gb iso download: god has forsaken meeverything windows in every direction no matter how i try just isn't easyeverything is formated. everything is cleared. nothing helps...
  3. 30 gb usb not big enough for a 7 gb iso download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    30 gb usb not big enough for a 7 gb iso download: god has forsaken meeverything windows in every direction no matter how i try just isn't easyeverything is formated. everything is cleared. nothing helps...
  4. USB Install in windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Install in windows 7?: I am running my old windows 7 disk in hyper-v, but I want to run it on my physical computer, but windows 7 doesn't support usb .30, which means that I can't use my moouse and my keyboard in windows 7. Is there a way to install the drivers wiithout needing an install disk? I...
  5. USB Install in windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Install in windows 7?: I am running my old windows 7 disk in hyper-v, but I want to run it on my physical computer, but windows 7 doesn't support usb .30, which means that I can't use my moouse and my keyboard in windows 7. Is there a way to install the drivers wiithout needing an install disk? I...
  6. Windows Install via USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Install via USB: I want to reinstall Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion 15-cs3153cl with a USB Drive because I want to get rid of some bloatware and other things, but I'm not sure if my drivers will be reinstalled or if they wont. As a sidenote, I would also like to know how risky an install like...
  7. Unable to install windows via usb

Unable to install windows via usb: Hello and thank you for your time. All parts are brand new, factory stock. I bought/assembled my first pc. Asus x570+ Ryzen3 3200g 2 gskill 8192mb 2133mhz Firecuda, and m.2 Im attempting to install Windows 10 Pro via usb 3.0 on the motherboard, have tried other slots....
  8. Windows 10 install via USB

Windows 10 install via USB: [IMG]Im trying to downlod windows 10 onto my old computer as I got a new one and was going to give the old one to a friend. It had been giving me a blue screen for a while but nothing serious. I downloaded windows 10 onto a USB from my new laptop. I am not trying to save...
  9. Installation of Windows 10 via USB

Installation of Windows 10 via USB: I am attempting to install windows 10 on a new computer. I have downloaded windows onto a usb using the media creation tool, and booted the computer with the stick in it, but I get an error message 0xc0000225. I have redownloaded windows, and it still does not work. I...
  10. Trying to install windows via USB

Trying to install windows via USB: Hi Have an HP laptop trying to install windows via USB received message cant find drivers Looked in broswer area did not see any? Is it time for a new HD Thank you T 120034