Windows 10: Windows install wipe ubuntu

Discus and support Windows install wipe ubuntu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Quick question to you all, I was wondering, since i need to do a fresh install of windows on my device, will that wipe all the partitions on my drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by m005eman, Mar 12, 2020.

1. m005eman Win User

Windows install wipe ubuntu

Quick question to you all, I was wondering, since i need to do a fresh install of windows on my device, will that wipe all the partitions on my drive including the partition that has ubuntu installed on?

:)

m005eman, Mar 12, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 12, 2020
  3. ScrMj Win User
    Installing Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu?

I have already made a reservation for Windows 10, but I'm wondering what'll happen to other partitions when it's time to install Windows 10?

I am currently dual-booting Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.04 through GRUB2, and I fear the installation of Windows 10 may wipe Ubuntu's partitions (I have Ubuntu installed through multiple partitions) and/or render it unbootable. I already expect the installation
    to wipe or replace GRUB2 to make Windows 10 boot by default, but I'm pretty sure that's fixable. However, I don't want it to delete Ubuntu as a whole, since I still need to use it for work, etc.

I'm already making backups of everything I need from Ubuntu in case anything goes wrong, but I still need to ask. How will the installation work on a machine dual-booting Windows and Ubuntu?

ScrMj, Mar 12, 2020
  4. xfire Win User

xfire, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows install wipe ubuntu - Similar Threads - install wipe ubuntu

2. windows installation on ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows installation on ubuntu: hicurrently am using linux . but the linux os unable to run in pc .so i want to upgraded to windows 10 . what are the step should i follow .pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installation-on-ubuntu/b8ffb947-f2bf-48a8-97b1-23f7cb87ecc0
  3. windows installation on ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows installation on ubuntu: hicurrently am using linux . but the linux os unable to run in pc .so i want to upgraded to windows 10 . what are the step should i follow .pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installation-on-ubuntu/b8ffb947-f2bf-48a8-97b1-23f7cb87ecc0
  4. windows installation on ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Wipe Ubuntu from my system and clean install Windows: Cannot find biggest partition.

Wipe Ubuntu from my system and clean install Windows: Cannot find biggest partition.: Hi,I want to wipe my entire SSD and install Windows 10 on the 500gb SSD of my laptop.Currently I have Ubuntu Pop!OS on said system.However, when I try to install Windows by USB i get the following message:“Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be...
  6. How to install Windows on Ubuntu

How to install Windows on Ubuntu: I am using Ubuntu but I’d like to install Windows 10. Please point me in the right direction https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-windows-on-ubuntu/21cab782-e668-499a-88b8-1dc96e9d4e8f
  7. installing Windows on Ubuntu

installing Windows on Ubuntu: I have Ubuntu 18.04 but I would like to install Windows 10 either along side it or instead. I have the ios on a usb that I have mounted using MultiWriter. When I restart the laptop and click boot options, the usb is not presented as one of the options. I would appreciate as...
  8. Installing Ubuntu alongside windows

Installing Ubuntu alongside windows: I have an HP laptop in which genuine win 10 home installed on ssd . I want to install ubuntu on my hdd. Will doing so void my windows license or device warranty? Is it recommended ro install other OS alongside genuine windows?...
  9. Ubuntu install question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ubuntu install question: Hello i have windows 10 Home in my SSD Drive 120 GB and 1 TB HDD D drive . i want to ask if i can install ubuntu alongside windows 10 but somehow on D drive !! can you please help me to find out if i can it ?! thank you...
  10. Installing windows from ubuntu

Installing windows from ubuntu: So i recently downloaded ubuntu on my computer, and now i want to go back to windows However I don't want to buy it since i previously bought it, is there i way to get it for free since i previously got it?...