Windows 10: Windows Installation Cannot Proceed, Unexpected Error

Discus and support Windows Installation Cannot Proceed, Unexpected Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop had some driver problems, so the microsoft technician's advised me for a factory reset and walked me through a windows reinstallation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TijNerurkar, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Windows Installation Cannot Proceed, Unexpected Error

My laptop had some driver problems, so the microsoft technician's advised me for a factory reset and walked me through a windows reinstallation download. The resetting process started began and the computer went to restart. Upon restart the windows logo displays with a message "preparing" and then an error box pops up Windows Installation cannot proceed. the popup says to click OK to proceed but it keeps going into a loop. Now I cannot even reinstall windows from a backup recovery USB drive. How do I reboot to get this started? Have tried hard boot many times but did not work.

:)

TijNerurkar, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Cole_L Win User

Error: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed" on Windows 10

error message comes up saying : the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.

Needless to say, does not work and I am traveling so have no utilities or re-install materials. Suggestions?

Original title: Repair Win 10 failed and machine stuck

Cole_L, Jan 11, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Windows Installation Cannot Proceed, Unexpected Error

Error: 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows click ok to restart the computer then restart the installation'

Original Title: Windows 10 on tablet

I have a linx tablet with windows 10 installed.

A message 'preparing automatic repair' appeared, then 'Diagnosing your PC' Then I was told to restart tablet but same problem happened again.

The reinstall was then mentioned which I have been trying to do for the last 6 hours.

The following message appeared

'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows click ok to restart the computer then restart the installation'

I have been doing this for the last 6 hours and still the error message is there.

Anyone got any suggestions please?

heather13yg, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows Installation Cannot Proceed, Unexpected Error

1. Windows Installation Cannot Proceed, Unexpected Error - Similar Threads - Installation Cannot Proceed

2. Windows Cannot proceed windows update 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Cannot proceed windows update 0x80070002: Hi All,Currently there is a issue when I want to enable IIS in windows. I have tried various method. One of it is SFC /scannow and found some corrupted file. Last picture is the CBS log file.Thanks,San...
  3. Windows Cannot proceed windows update 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Cannot proceed windows update 0x80070002: Hi All,Currently there is a issue when I want to enable IIS in windows. I have tried various method. One of it is SFC /scannow and found some corrupted file. Last picture is the CBS log file.Thanks,San...
  4. Windows Cannot proceed windows update 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows installation cannot proceed and mouse and keyboard don’t

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows installation cannot proceed and mouse and keyboard don’t: My mouse and keyboard hadn’t worked for three months what does work in automatic repair mode and bio Settings but I restarted my PC fully and I accidentally turned off my PC while installing windows it says to Proceed I have to press okay but I can’t because my mouse and...
  6. Installation of Windows 10 will not proceed due to validation error.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installation of Windows 10 will not proceed due to validation error.: I have run into a problem after replacing a faulty hard drive in an ASUS laptop computer. This laptop was purchased with Win 10 already installed so I assumed that all I had to do was click on "I don't have a licence key - attend to this later" or words to that effect but the...
  7. Windows installation cannot proceed (shift + f10 made it worse)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows installation cannot proceed (shift + f10 made it worse): Hey, I just bought a computer off my cousin, and factory reset the computer. I woke up and the "Windows installation cannot proceed" was on the screen, so I looked up how to fix it, and now it's still in a continuous loop, but I can't press shift + f10. Idk what to do....
  8. Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot be proceed

Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot be proceed: Hello guys I really need yiur help with this. I have tried all the tricks including tge commands like oobe but I always end up with msoobe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file Further detail, I doubt that I have a problem...
  9. Getting error code 0xc0000428 and then cannot proceed with windows installation.

Getting error code 0xc0000428 and then cannot proceed with windows installation.: My brother got a cyberpower pc for christmas a GMA 4200 BST and recently the windows just.. failed. So we have been trying to fix it for the past 3 days. We got in contact with a customer support agent, who told us to delete manufacturers files and everything, so we did. But...
  10. unexpected windows installer error 1648

unexpected windows installer error 1648: installed Turbo Tax business 2018 on computer and when the program opened and started updating from Intuit website the program crashed. Now whenever I try to delete the program or reinstall all I get is " unexpected windows installer Error, error code 1648. Anyone have a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows installation cannot proceed