Windows 10: Windows installation crashes while preparing to install

Discus and support Windows installation crashes while preparing to install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I formated my pc and decided to install windows 10, So I created a bootable USB with WindowsCreationTool. But every time it's preparing the files it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Filipenobrega, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Windows installation crashes while preparing to install

I formated my pc and decided to install windows 10,

So I created a bootable USB with WindowsCreationTool.
    But every time it's preparing the files it crashes and reboots.

It usually gets stuck at 82% it never goes past that mark.

I've tried different ports, different USB's and I was also able to install Ubuntu.

I'm not sure if it is a compatibility issue or motherboard BIOS problem.

My computer is an HP Pavilion, the previous version was Windows 8 and it still it was full of bugs and errors.

Any help?

** moved **

:)

Filipenobrega, Sep 15, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Windows installation crashes while preparing to install

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows installation crashes while preparing to install

1. Windows installation crashes while preparing to install - Similar Threads - installation crashes while

2. Windows 11 installation stuck on preparing to install windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installation stuck on preparing to install windows 11: Stuck on preparing to install windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-installation-stuck-on-preparing-to/e0a5076a-0271-4bc8-ad30-4f74d1b68c15
  3. Windows 11 installation stuck on preparing to install windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 installation stuck on preparing to install windows 11: Stuck on preparing to install windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-installation-stuck-on-preparing-to/e0a5076a-0271-4bc8-ad30-4f74d1b68c15
  4. Windows update prepares,begins to install and then goes back to preparing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update prepares,begins to install and then goes back to preparing: I’m reseting my laptop. After the reset is complete the screen alternates between preparing, windows installing and then goes have to the black preparing download screen. Windows installation has shown at 0% for at least 5 hours with no discernible progress. The boot order...
  5. Windows 10 "windows installer- preparing to install" problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 "windows installer- preparing to install" problem: Windows 10 There is this windows installer popping up every time i click on ok button on an application. when i try to cancel it, the app freezes and every time i need to close the app using task manager, then only the installer window will disappear.i have already tried...
  6. Windows 10 Crashing while on installation

Windows 10 Crashing while on installation: [ATTACH] Hi All, 1. I have windows 7 and trying to install windows 10 but it keeps crashing even on installation, pic attached. 2. I have formatted my drives, updated even bios, loaded on legacy/uefi mode but the same problem accurs. 3. Iv tried googling for information and...
  7. Windows Installer preparing to install stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installer preparing to install stuck: Hello so today after moving some files from my ssd to my hdd, I restarted my pc and then there was a Windows Installer pop up. I've waited for a long time and the most I've gotten was an error message saying "Install server not responding" where I had to retry, canceling it...
  8. New apps stuck on “Windows Installer, Preparing to install”

New apps stuck on “Windows Installer, Preparing to install”: Today, I downloaded two apps to my Windows 10 Samsung tablet to test for video music collaboration: JamKazam and Jamtaba. When opening the apps, they get stuck on “Windows Installer, Preparing to install.” My Windows Updates are current. Other programs previously installed,...
  9. Stuck at "Preparing to install"

Stuck at "Preparing to install": My Windows 10 background download was complete but now its stuck at preparing to install? Any ideas? 11628
  10. Windows 10 gets stuck at "Preparing automatic repair" while installing

Windows 10 gets stuck at "Preparing automatic repair" while installing: So I finally made a .iso file for W10 Pro x64 and started installing it. Everything went smoothly my PC restarted 2 times. But when it got to 81% (in total) while "Installing drivers and features" it resterted for the third time and then it started giving me the "Preparing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows isntaller crashing while preparing