Windows 10: Windows Installation doesn't recognize new SSD

Discus and support Windows Installation doesn't recognize new SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a new Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI drive. I have a X99 motherboard but it didn't have the M.2 slot so I purchased an adapter to attach the drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gzt7d8, Oct 30, 2015.

1. gzt7d8 Win User

Windows Installation doesn't recognize new SSD

I got a new Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI drive. I have a X99 motherboard but it didn't have the M.2 slot so I purchased an adapter to attach the drive and installed it into an open PCI slot.

When I first installed it and boot up under the current Windows 10, I could see the drive through Disk Management.

I disconnected the current Windows 10 version, put in the disk, booted up and selected the drive to perform a clean install. The initial copy and prepare for installation worked fine, then it needed to reboot and that's when I got the message:

Internal hard drive not found
    No bootable devices

When I reconnected the old hard drive and booted up, I could see the install files on the new drive, but it just won't boot to it.

So, what do I need to do to get the PC to recognize this drive as bootable?

Thanks,

:)

gzt7d8, Oct 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 on a SSD which doesn't work

Hello,

recently my SSD crashed and even though it is recognized by the computer, it seems empty. The problem is that I upgraded a Windows 7 into a Windows 10 pro and that it was installed on the SSD. If I can't get any of the SSD's data back, do I have to buy a
    new Windows 10 ?

Narcisse Nouridfer, Oct 30, 2015
  3. SSD formating for transwer

Sorry, but I don't know what you are referring to. The old computer had a SSD with W10. The new notebook has a UEFI type BIOS and since the old computer had a different type of BIOS that is not compatible with the new computer, the SSD that was booting perfectly
    on the old machine doesn't boot on the new computer although it is recognized.

My question is how to make the SSD drive to boot? Is there a way of making it bootable?

peter.t1013, Oct 30, 2015
  4. pbcopter Win User

Does the drive show in the BIOS?

pbcopter, Oct 30, 2015
  5. gzt7d8 Win User
    No it doesn't appear in the bios.
    I can see the drive through file manager, and the installation files loaded to it, and I can see it in disk management too.

gzt7d8, Oct 30, 2015
  6. Hully Win User
    Hully, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Installation doesn't recognize new SSD - Similar Threads - Installation doesn't recognize

2. Installed Win10 on laptop and it doesn't recognize the mSATA SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed Win10 on laptop and it doesn't recognize the mSATA SSD: I've got a laptop with two SSDs - the main SATA SSD and a small mSATA SSD. I installed Win 10 to the main SSD (Win 10 installer could see both disks). Once Win 10 is installed, it no longer sees the mSATA SSD. In Disk Mgmt, I only see Disk 0 (the main SSD), which is...
  3. Windows 10 isn't recognizing new SSD

Windows 10 isn't recognizing new SSD: Hi! I recently bought a Samsung SSD (860 EVO). I used the Samsung cloning software and cloned my laptop's native SSHD. I then replaced the native drive with the newly cloned SSD, and got the error "Hard Drive - Not Installed". I've tried everything I could to no avail. I...
  4. Windows not recognizing new SSD

Windows not recognizing new SSD: Hello everyone. Due to my computer's unbearably slow performance, I recently purchased a 8 TB Seagate Barracuda SSD and a USB to SATA cable. I connected it into my USB port; however, nothing appears in My Computer. Every help article on the web says to assign it a drive...
  5. windows doesn't recognize new default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows doesn't recognize new default browser: I (and also an HP tech.) have installed and set-up Google Chrome as default browser but sites and pages are still opened with Edge or IE the other browsers on this PC. Even the google chrome page opens on IE!! Have set and reset chrome as default many times in 2 days it is...
  6. New Windows 10 install on new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows 10 install on new SSD: I am installing Windows 10 on a new SSD and have got to a screen that says "Make it Yours." This screen will not let me do anything. (locked up) I restarted the computer and it just goes back to the same screen with the same problem. NEED HELP!!! Thanks...
  7. Win 10 doesn't recognize SSD , have a question.

Win 10 doesn't recognize SSD , have a question.: When i go to disk management all i see is NTFS file system , my SSD no longer shows , is this normal ? 17490
  8. Unable to install. Windows installer doesn't see SSD.

Unable to install. Windows installer doesn't see SSD.: I'm trying to install Windows on a new machine. The motherboard is ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming. The EUFI BIOS sees the SSD drive (Samsung EVO 750 250 GB) but Windows does not. There is the option to load drivers but i can't find any drivers for the EVO 750 online. The Windows...
  9. SSD not recognized by Windows 10 installer

SSD not recognized by Windows 10 installer: Recently I've purchased a SSD (Crucial MX200) as replacement for the original HD of my laptop (Lenovo ideapad s510p). The problem is that my bios doesn't recognize the SSD, even though the manufacturer (Crucial) guarantee the total compatibility of the device with my system...
  10. Windows 10 install disk does not recognize SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 install disk does not recognize SSD: I want to clean install Windows 10 on another hard drive. When the custom dialogue comes up and it asks me which hard drive I want it to go on to, it does not give me the hard drive I want to put it on as an option. It is a 160 GB SSD. Windows 10 was registering it as a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont recognize new ssd boot drive