Windows 10: Windows installation encountered an unexpected error, 0xE0000100

Discus and support Windows installation encountered an unexpected error, 0xE0000100 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you’re encountering the error message Windows installation encountered an unexpected error on your computer while installing Windows 10, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 4, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows installation encountered an unexpected error, 0xE0000100

WinClub, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Cole_L Win User

Error: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed" on Windows 10

error message comes up saying : the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.

Needless to say, does not work and I am traveling so have no utilities or re-install materials. Suggestions?

Original title: Repair Win 10 failed and machine stuck

Cole_L, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Tan DJ Win User
    Error while trying to install Windows 7 RC

Hi I've downloaded Windows 7 Release candidate x64 from Microsoft, and when I try to install it, I get the following message:

Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation. Error code: 0xE0000100​
    This pops up immediately after selecting the "Custom install" option for installing a clean installation.

I'm trying to install on an 80gb IDE drive connected to my system, and I don't want to touch my existing Windows XP install which is on a SATA RAID1 (currently broken) (I'm investigating this issue as well - looking at purchasing a replacement drive)

I've tried deleting all partitions on the 80gb drive, putting a ntfs filesystem on the 80gb drive. I've even tried creating a 16gb partition on the 80gb drive. But no matter what I do, the window pops up at the same place every time.

I've burnt the ISO to a DVD-RW using Roxio Creator DE.

I have also tried the 32bit version and have exactly the same issue. I've successfully installed from the 32bit iso into a VM so it's not a corrupt ISO.

Does anyone know how to get around this issue? Or can anyone help me to find a way around it.

Regards,

Tan DJ

Tan DJ, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Windows installation encountered an unexpected error, 0xE0000100

Error 0xE0000100 installing windows 10 on bootcamp macOS Sierra.

When I install windows 10 anniversary on MacOS Sierra bootcamp. When installation first reboot, it is running "Getting ready" forever and stuck and show error what I took from log installation:

2017-08-14 09:45:38, Error PnPIBS: Error 0x3 occurred while enumerating the files and subdirectories.

[gle=0x00000003] 2017-08-14 09:45:39, Error PnPIBS: Error 0xE0000100 occurred while determining the class of INF D:\$WinPEDriver$\

[gle=0xe0000100] 2017-08-14 09:45:39, Error PnPIBS: Error 0xE0000100 occurred while determining the class of INF D:\$WinPEDriver$\

[gle=0x00000003] 2017-08-14 09:52:23, Error [0x0606ae] IBS [SetupCl library] Required profile hive does not exist: [\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\

Could anyone could help me to find out what error means and how to fix it. Thank you.

Nguyen ThanhVinh, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows installation encountered an unexpected error, 0xE0000100

1. Windows installation encountered an unexpected error, 0xE0000100 - Similar Threads - installation encountered unexpected

2. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: I tried resetting my PC Asus it got to 98% and now I keep getting this message - “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click. Ok to restart the computer, and then restart the...
  3. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: I tried resetting my PC Asus it got to 98% and now I keep getting this message - “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click. Ok to restart the computer, and then restart the...
  4. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: So, this is a topic that has been covered elsewhere, but my issue has a further complication.My computer was really slow, so I wanted to do a full reset and wipe everything after doing a backup of my data first.After quite a few hours, the computer had done its wiping and...
  5. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: So, this is a topic that has been covered elsewhere, but my issue has a further complication.My computer was really slow, so I wanted to do a full reset and wipe everything after doing a backup of my data first.After quite a few hours, the computer had done its wiping and...
  6. "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources...: "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation. Error code: OxC0000005" - How Do I Force The Laptop To Be Able To Support Windows 11?Laptop: HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible...
  7. "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources...

"Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources...: "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation. Error code: OxC0000005" - How Do I Force The Laptop To Be Able To Support Windows 11?Laptop: HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible...
  8. "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources...: Laptop: HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible PCVersion of Windows I Was Trying To Install: Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installation-encountered-an-unexpected/0703f11c-f7c0-411f-aac9-f0435d4d0d58
  9. "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources...

"Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources...: Laptop: HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible PCVersion of Windows I Was Trying To Install: Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installation-encountered-an-unexpected/0703f11c-f7c0-411f-aac9-f0435d4d0d58
  10. Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error: Dell G3 3590, didn't boot up so tried to reinstall using a flash drive with windows 10 from the media creation tool. It gets stuck at the "Getting devices ready" stage and was forced to hard shut down which makes it loop in "Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an...