Windows 10: Windows installation encountered an unexpected error, when trying to install windows 7 on...

Discus and support Windows installation encountered an unexpected error, when trying to install windows 7 on... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am getting this error after setup is copying files. Setup is starting. I have a hp laptop which came with preinstalled windows 10. But i want to dual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arun Kapil, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Windows installation encountered an unexpected error, when trying to install windows 7 on...

I am getting this error after setup is copying files. Setup is starting. I have a hp laptop which came with preinstalled windows 10. But i want to dual boot it with windows 7 as it's more optimized for low end gaming laptop like mine.

I also tried all chkdsk method and legacy is turn on as well as secure boot is turned off. Reinstalled windows 10 too. No malware or trojan or virus exist in my pc. So, please tell me a great way to get rid of this error. I am using setup.exe from my harddisk because i have a setup of this windows in my harddisk and usb boot option isn't coming.

:)

Arun Kapil, Aug 25, 2019
  2. Tan DJ Win User

Error while trying to install Windows 7 RC

Hi I've downloaded Windows 7 Release candidate x64 from Microsoft, and when I try to install it, I get the following message:

Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation. Error code: 0xE0000100​
    This pops up immediately after selecting the "Custom install" option for installing a clean installation.

I'm trying to install on an 80gb IDE drive connected to my system, and I don't want to touch my existing Windows XP install which is on a SATA RAID1 (currently broken) (I'm investigating this issue as well - looking at purchasing a replacement drive)

I've tried deleting all partitions on the 80gb drive, putting a ntfs filesystem on the 80gb drive. I've even tried creating a 16gb partition on the 80gb drive. But no matter what I do, the window pops up at the same place every time.

I've burnt the ISO to a DVD-RW using Roxio Creator DE.

I have also tried the 32bit version and have exactly the same issue. I've successfully installed from the 32bit iso into a VM so it's not a corrupt ISO.

Does anyone know how to get around this issue? Or can anyone help me to find a way around it.

Regards,

Tan DJ

Tan DJ, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Tan DJ Win User
    Error while trying to install Windows 7 RC

Hmmm...

interesting. The HD I want to install it on has only 1 partition. I've even deleted the partition so that it had no partitions, and also created a partition that was only about 25gb, but always the same error.

Once I've fixed my RAID setup, I'll have a go at unplugging my Windows XP drive (RAID) so that when I try to install Windows 7, only one drive is connected - the one I want to install Windows 7 onto.

Tan DJ, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Windows installation encountered an unexpected error, when trying to install windows 7 on...

windows 7 not installing HELP FAST!

My friends computer wouldnt boot up it would say that it is missing bootmgr and then just restart and not go into windows. so we decided to try a fresh install of windows but when it gets to the point of it completeing windows 7 installation it would shut down and when id turn it back on it would say windows could not finish installing because of an unexpected error? Does my friend have a dead motherboard or dead hard drive or both??

MxPhenom 216, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows installation encountered an unexpected error, when trying to install windows 7 on...

1. Windows installation encountered an unexpected error, when trying to install windows 7 on... - Similar Threads - installation encountered unexpected

2. "Windows installation encountered unexpected error" USB Bootable Windows Installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows installation encountered unexpected error" USB Bootable Windows Installer: Hello,Got a problem during my installation of Windows 11 using a USB. I've used the official windows media creation tool and installed the windows installer into the flash drive. However, I've encountered a problem during the installation problem.Windows' pop out a message...
  3. "Windows installation encountered unexpected error" USB Bootable Windows Installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows installation encountered unexpected error" USB Bootable Windows Installer: Hello,Got a problem during my installation of Windows 11 using a USB. I've used the official windows media creation tool and installed the windows installer into the flash drive. However, I've encountered a problem during the installation problem.Windows' pop out a message...
  4. "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources...: "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation. Error code: OxC0000005" - How Do I Force The Laptop To Be Able To Support Windows 11?Laptop: HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible...
  5. "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources...

"Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources...: "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation. Error code: OxC0000005" - How Do I Force The Laptop To Be Able To Support Windows 11?Laptop: HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible...
  6. "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources...: Laptop: HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible PCVersion of Windows I Was Trying To Install: Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installation-encountered-an-unexpected/0703f11c-f7c0-411f-aac9-f0435d4d0d58
  7. "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources...

"Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources...: Laptop: HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible PCVersion of Windows I Was Trying To Install: Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installation-encountered-an-unexpected/0703f11c-f7c0-411f-aac9-f0435d4d0d58
  8. Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error: Dell G3 3590, didn't boot up so tried to reinstall using a flash drive with windows 10 from the media creation tool. It gets stuck at the "Getting devices ready" stage and was forced to hard shut down which makes it loop in "Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an...
  9. Windows installation encountered an unexpected error, 0xE0000100

in Windows 10 News
    Windows installation encountered an unexpected error, 0xE0000100: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering the error message Windows installation encountered an unexpected error on your computer while installing Windows 10, you can try the solutions we […] This article Windows installation encountered an unexpected error, 0xE0000100 first appeared...
  10. Installer encountered unexpected error installing this package. The error code is 26702

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installer encountered unexpected error installing this package. The error code is 26702: Hi team, I'm having this issue when I'm trying to install Checkpoint Endpoint Security VPN Installer. The error is "the installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 26702. I cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why unexpected error occured while istalling rodali 2.0 in windows 7 laptop