Windows 10: Windows installation error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Discus and support Windows installation error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm attempting to install Windows 10 onto a laptop and when Windows installation restarts the laptop I get a a short loading dots screen, before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlessandroGaggioli, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Windows installation error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

I'm attempting to install Windows 10 onto a laptop and when Windows installation restarts the laptop I get a a short loading dots screen, before the dots freeze at "getting devices ready 85%" and the computer bluescreens.

The bluescreen freezes as well and the "collecting info" remains at 0%, giving me no option but to manually shut down the laptop.

I am using a Lenovo Legion Y530:

Processor: Intel Core i5-8300h

RAM: 8GB

Storage: 128GB SSD for OS and additional 1TB GB HDD for data

Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1050

I'm unable to boot to safe mode as Windows hasn't been installed yet, and attempting to turn the laptop back on after the bluescreen only gives this message:

"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation"

I've attempted to install Windows again multiple times, I've even formatted my windows USB and redownloaded windows 10 from the media creation tool.

My only thought is that it has something to do with my SSD and my HDD being in one system.

What can I do to successfully install Windows?

:)

AlessandroGaggioli, Jan 10, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Blue screen error with Clock_Watchdog_Timeout error code.

Hi Charlie,

The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error can be caused by a faulty processor. This error may also be triggered by an outdated driver. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you consider the following:

• Ensure that your CPU's temperature is within standard and nothing is overheating.
    • Clear your CMOS (or load optimized BIOS defaults) to ensure there's no improper BIOS setting or to clear overclock settings.
    • Update your BIOS.
    • Run
      Windows Update
      to install the latest driver on your system.

Note: For steps 2 & 3, it's best to get an assistance from your system manufacturer to ensure that all settings will be properly configured.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jan 10, 2020
  4. zablas Win User

Windows installation error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after a fresh install

Windows installation error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT [​IMG]

Windows installation error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT [​IMG]

zablas, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows installation error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

1. Windows installation error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT - Similar Threads - installation error CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

2. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Error: My specs are:Msi geforce rtx 4070 slimgigabyte z790 aorus elite axcorsair vengeance ddr5 32gbintel i-9-14900kfsamsung 980 pro 2tb ssdcorsair rm850e power supplycooler master hyper 212 blackwindows 11.I have run into an issue on two games, one worse than the other. Fortnite...
  3. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Error: My specs are:Msi geforce rtx 4070 slimgigabyte z790 aorus elite axcorsair vengeance ddr5 32gbintel i-9-14900kfsamsung 980 pro 2tb ssdcorsair rm850e power supplycooler master hyper 212 blackwindows 11.I have run into an issue on two games, one worse than the other. Fortnite...
  4. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error, pls help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error, pls help!: Hi! I got a CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD! I checked on Google what this is and stress-tested my CPU/GPU/memory for a few hours and all seems well. So it can't be hardware so I am puzzled as to what happened. Analyzing the dumps has yielded no clues either. Is someone able to...
  5. Windows 10 PRO BSOD: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Error

Windows 10 PRO BSOD: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Error: Hi, I recently reset my PC due to getting more BSOD related to CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT errors. However that did not seem to resolve the issue because about a day after the reset, I have once again gotten the BSOD again. Here is the most recent dumpfile:...
  6. Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error

Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error: Hi, I have had my PC for 3 years now. This is the following specs: Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4 AM4 CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 1600 6-Core 3.2 GHz (3.6 GHz Turbo) RAM: 32 GB Power Supply: SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM 550W ATX12V OS: Windows 10 Pro Build 19041.329 Ever since...
  7. Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error

in Windows 10 Support
    Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error: Hi, I have had my PC for 3 years now. This is the following specs: Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4 AM4 CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 1600 6-Core 3.2 GHz (3.6 GHz Turbo) RAM: 32 GB Power Supply: SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM 550W ATX12V OS: Windows 10 Pro Build 19041.329 Ever since...
  8. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After clean install (Whea uncorrectable error)

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After clean install (Whea uncorrectable error): I've recently backed up my data and formatted my SSD to do a fresh install of Windows 10 before the May update. The installation went fine and after it I did the regular stuff that you would expect: downloaded updates for the OS, updated drivers and installed some light...
  9. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after a fresh install

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after a fresh install: Hello! I've recently backed up my data and formatted my SSD to do a fresh install of Windows 10 before the May update. The installation went fine and after it I did the regular stuff that you would expect: downloaded updates for the OS, updated drivers and installed some...
  10. Fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Blue Screen Error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Blue Screen Error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT Blue Screen Stop Error can occur on a Windows system when the specified processor is not processing interrupts. It usually happens when the processor is nonresponsive or is deadlocked. This error occurs when the processor is having...