Windows 10: Windows Installation Fail! CD/DVD driver missing! PLEASE HEEEEEEEELP!

Discus and support Windows Installation Fail! CD/DVD driver missing! PLEASE HEEEEEEEELP! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been through hell, starting with me doing a hard shutdown to a sibling's computer when it wouldn't exit the black screen. So then I entered the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ElisandroDos Santos, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Windows Installation Fail! CD/DVD driver missing! PLEASE HEEEEEEEELP!

I have been through hell, starting with me doing a hard shutdown to a sibling's computer when it wouldn't exit the black screen. So then I entered the automatic repair fail loop, i searched online and used all solutions until the one that involved disactivating automatic repair, i did that and then I reached the recovery menu and got the "your pc needs to be fixed" error and no matter what i did I couldn't exit that screen so then I opted to download/boot a flash drive with a windows installation and even after all of that, I had to remove all the files (since custom installed was the only one that worked) and then I learned that none of drivers were on gpt meaning that it couldn't be installed so THEN, I tried to convert the disks to gpt, none of them worked but then i cleaned one of the disks (disk 1) and converted it to gpt, it work d but now the installation won't start because "a CD/DVD driver is missing"

How can i solve this!? Where can I download the driver?

Please help

***Thread moved from Windows 10 /Performance & System failures***

:)

ElisandroDos Santos, Dec 14, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

cd/dvd device driver is missing

Hi,

To fix the issue regarding error "cd/dvd device driver is missing", check the following steps:

• If Windows is asking for driver, jusk click on Cancel. It will bring you back to the Welcome screen.
    • From there, insert it back to different USB port.
    • Click on Install Now again. The installation process will go through as usual.

This happened to all updated Windows Installer. This might due to failure of windows detecting the USB drive.

When re-inserting the USB drive. Windows Installer will detect the USB drive back, and continue as usual.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Dec 14, 2018
  3. RLRehm Win User
    Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Dec 14, 2018
  4. DarkEgo Win User

Windows Installation Fail! CD/DVD driver missing! PLEASE HEEEEEEEELP!

Error when installing Win7

when Installing Windows 7 I get an error saying ""A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." What should I do to get Windows to install?

DarkEgo, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Installation Fail! CD/DVD driver missing! PLEASE HEEEEEEEELP!

1. Windows Installation Fail! CD/DVD driver missing! PLEASE HEEEEEEEELP! - Similar Threads - Installation Fail DVD

2. A required CD/DVD driver device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A required CD/DVD driver device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD,...: Hello, I have a problem installing Windows 10.While installing the system, I get the error:"A required CD/DVD driver device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now."The system image was downloaded from the...
  3. Missing CD/DVD Burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing CD/DVD Burner: I have a Dell Precision Workstation M4800 This Workstation has an internal CD/DVD RW Drive as follow: H.L Data Storage Super Multi DVD Writer Model: GS40N HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GS40N Until fairly recently I have been able to Create a System Repair Disc by using this drive and...
  4. DVD/CD drive missing

DVD/CD drive missing: Unable to find all drives except my C: drive. Even went into registry to try and delete upper and lower filters. They dont exist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-drive-missing/68b6d901-97d0-430b-81bd-67aebafa94cc
  5. cd-dvd driver error

cd-dvd driver error: I have a Toshiba Satellite s55 laptoprunning windows 10. both my cd-dvd drives 1 internal, 1 external show errors in Device manager that read : Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19...
  6. Missing HDD and CD/DVD

Missing HDD and CD/DVD: Hello Members, I hav been putting this off for some time, but because it is raining and gloomy I thought I would ask this now. My HP Pavilion Notebook ha two physical drives. A 2tb Hard Disk Drive and a CD/DVD. They are obviously working as I can power up and use the...
  7. cd/dvd driver

cd/dvd driver: I have been trying to get my cd/dvd driver to work ever since a Windows update messed it all up. I don't know why Windows feels the need to remove software from peoples computers just because they think cd/dvds are becoming obsolete. that is really not the case, its only an...
  8. Windows installation failing : Error CD/DVD driver is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation failing : Error CD/DVD driver is missing: I have been through hell, starting with me doing a hard shutdown to a sibling's computer when it wouldn't exit the black screen. So then I entered the automatic repair fail loop, i searched online and used all solutions until the one that involved disactivating automatic...
  9. Windows Installation Fail! CD/DVD driver missing! PLEASE HEEEEEEEELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Installation Fail! CD/DVD driver missing! PLEASE HEEEEEEEELP!: I have been through hell, starting me doing a hard shutdown to a siblings computer when it wouldn't exit the black screen. So then I entered the automatic repair fail loop, i searched online and used all solutions until the one that involved disactivating automatic repair, i...
  10. Missing CD/DVD driver

Missing CD/DVD driver: I use an old Dell laptop. After I updated to Windows 10 latest update my CD ROM ceased to function. I had recently installed software, then upgraded, then it will no longer work. So after looking online I deleted cdrom.sys, thinking the system would detect this missing...