Windows 10: Windows Installation is a mess with multiple program paths and users

Discus and support Windows Installation is a mess with multiple program paths and users in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! This is my win version: [img] My issue is that I tried to migrate two separate user accounts from an OLD windows installation (Years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chronicdenial, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Windows Installation is a mess with multiple program paths and users

Hello!
    This is my win version:

Windows Installation is a mess with multiple program paths and users [​IMG]

My issue is that I tried to migrate two separate user accounts from an OLD windows installation (Years ago)that I had recovered.
    Now, I worry that if I just start copy and pasting files I'm going to have file path errors, and lose data in the mix.
    I'm used to the old system, not the windows account login authentication that came with win10 (I believe), where my file system of old, didn't mix with the heirarchy I guess? Obviously I'm not an expert. My user accounts and permissions are out of wack because of this too, simply moving files and creating files in each subdirectory of the Users/ area is upsetting.
    My registry is a mess, and it scares me to think about trying to unravel it there.

ULTIMATELY my goal is to merge all of my information into one user account, BACK it all up, Buy a massive SSD and start fresh on a new install of windows with all my (double user) files that exist on my current system. I don't know too much about .img files except for hosting .iso through daemon tools...

Can you guys help me with this? I'll try to post an example of the multiple installations and users that all operate under one windows install:

Windows Installation is a mess with multiple program paths and users [​IMG]

:)

chronicdenial, Jul 11, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading program list?!

Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading the program list (It never even starts displaying any programs) and I believe it may be that a uninstall program messed up completely and Windows can't figure out what programs are installed because of it. What is the problem? Please?

ventusignis, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Windows Installation is a mess with multiple program paths and users

Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows Installation is a mess with multiple program paths and users

1. Windows Installation is a mess with multiple program paths and users - Similar Threads - Installation mess multiple

2. Are multiple installations of minecraft necessary for multiple computer users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are multiple installations of minecraft necessary for multiple computer users?: I and my two children each own copies of minecraft, with our own account name/avatar etc. I have also, reluctantly, created Microsoft accounts for each of us when it became the only way to continue to play the game. My question is: in Windows 11 this pop-up-befuddled,...
  3. Are multiple installations of minecraft necessary for multiple computer users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are multiple installations of minecraft necessary for multiple computer users?: I and my two children each own copies of minecraft, with our own account name/avatar etc. I have also, reluctantly, created Microsoft accounts for each of us when it became the only way to continue to play the game. My question is: in Windows 11 this pop-up-befuddled,...
  4. Programs and apps with Multiple users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs and apps with Multiple users: Hello, I have a pc that runs windows 11 and multiple accounts on the same pc one is for work, one for my free time.The problem is that the apps that i have on one account are displayed on the other's desktop, and I don't want them to be this way.How can I solve?Thanks...
  5. Programs and apps with Multiple users

Programs and apps with Multiple users: Hello, I have a pc that runs windows 11 and multiple accounts on the same pc one is for work, one for my free time.The problem is that the apps that i have on one account are displayed on the other's desktop, and I don't want them to be this way.How can I solve?Thanks...
  6. Windows 10 Path messed up?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Path messed up?: Hello! I have a problem with the path variables in Windows 10. I wanted to add something to the Path with setx but after that, nothing worked in the Command Prompt, Like 90% of all commands didn't worked. Then I added %SystemRoot% and %SystemRoot%\System32 to it and some...
  7. Using a program window by multiple users

Using a program window by multiple users: Hi I need something to share a cmd window with other users at realtime so they can use it with me Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-a-program-window-by-multiple-users/3bae5a6c-4d0e-4c6b-b45c-405c79ec1a3a
  8. Installing Programs with Multiple Users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Programs with Multiple Users: If I have 2 users in windows 10 (one is an admin account signed into a Microsoft account, one is a local account without admin privileges) will I have to download programs like discord twice, once on each user? And will it keep one account logged in on one user and a...
  9. Multiple PATH environment variables

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple PATH environment variables: [ATTACH] There's a package that I want to install and it says in order to install it, it needs to be added to the PATH. Upon checking my environment variables, I noticed there are three of them as shown:...
  10. Directory path names messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Directory path names messed up: When I try to compress a file I get an error that the directory path contains symbols that can't be processed, meaning the Greek words I do have a Greek keyboard installed but my system language is English. The actual name is in English though. E.g. On the left in the...