Windows 10: Windows installation is faulty

Discus and support Windows installation is faulty in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've had a Dell Latitude E6540 for half a year now running with Ubuntu flawlessly. Just the other day I decided do install Windows 10 un dual boot. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zulraidur, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Zulraidur Win User

Windows installation is faulty

I've had a Dell Latitude E6540 for half a year now running with Ubuntu flawlessly. Just the other day I decided do install Windows 10 un dual boot. So I created a new partition slightly over 250 GB large as NTFS I dont have UEFI currently and created an installig stick for Win 10 on a different machine with the windows tool. Now I started the installation process and everything seems to be going well. Windows is installed and I start it up. Everything seems to be fine. Some Display Drivers are missing or so a pop up says so I go to the Update settings and search for updates and let them run.

A few minutes later Windows flashes black for a second and is unresponsive ever after. When I forcefully shut it down it only starts up to the log in screen and freezes up there.
    Ive tried reinstalling several times but it seems to be the same always. Any tips or things I could try?

:)

Zulraidur, Sep 4, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Windows installation is faulty

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows installation is faulty

1. Windows installation is faulty - Similar Threads - installation faulty

2. Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install: System: CPU: i9 13900kGPU: RTX 4090Mobo: ASUS B 760f WIFISSD: 2xSamsung 980 PRO 1TB in m2. Slot 1 and 2RAM: Kingston FURY DDR5 32 Gb 6000 MhzPSU: be Quit! Straight Line 1000WI Build this system 9 month ago, set ip up with Win 11 at that time and it ran perfectly fine for 9...
  3. Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install: System: CPU: i9 13900kGPU: RTX 4090Mobo: ASUS B 760f WIFISSD: 2xSamsung 980 PRO 1TB in m2. Slot 1 and 2RAM: Kingston FURY DDR5 32 Gb 6000 MhzPSU: be Quit! Straight Line 1000WI Build this system 9 month ago, set ip up with Win 11 at that time and it ran perfectly fine for 9...
  4. Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how to stop Microsoft from installing duplicate, out-of-date, faulty drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop Microsoft from installing duplicate, out-of-date, faulty drivers: Five years after posting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/stop-windows-10-from-installing-duplicate-printer/ee0cc493-ca69-41e7-aa31-419445658780?tm=1516168140616&lc=1041, still being plagued by the problem. The solution I have found is...
  6. how to stop Microsoft from installing duplicate, out-of-date, faulty drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to stop Microsoft from installing duplicate, out-of-date, faulty drivers: Five years after posting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/stop-windows-10-from-installing-duplicate-printer/ee0cc493-ca69-41e7-aa31-419445658780?tm=1516168140616&lc=1041, still being plagued by the problem. The solution I have found is...
  7. how to stop Microsoft from installing duplicate, out-of-date, faulty drivers

8. faulty gpu caused by new windows installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    faulty gpu caused by new windows installation: I bought a old laptop and it had win7 on it working fine and i upgraded to win10 and gpu started to glitching when stressedand after stressing the gpu some bsod appeared like"attempt write to readonly memory""video tdr failure"and something related to nvlddmkm.sys error that...
  9. faulty gpu caused by new windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    faulty gpu caused by new windows installation: I bought a old laptop and it had win7 on it working fine and i upgraded to win10 and gpu started to glitching when stressedand after stressing the gpu some bsod appeared like"attempt write to readonly memory""video tdr failure"and something related to nvlddmkm.sys error that...
  10. faulty gpu caused by new windows installation