Windows 10: Windows installation loop - tried everything, what now?

Discus and support Windows installation loop - tried everything, what now? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My computer is an Acer desktop, and was purchased in 2011. I wanted to reinstall Windows 10 on my machine, but I guess after upgrading to 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by unicornwasp, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Windows installation loop - tried everything, what now?

Hi,

My computer is an Acer desktop, and was purchased in 2011.

I wanted to reinstall Windows 10 on my machine, but I guess after upgrading to 10 from Windows 7 a couple years ago, I can no longer access the original recovery partition. I used the online tool to download the Windows 10 installation onto a USB drive, but when I tried to use the media, I got the message:

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks."

After doing some research, I discovered that I have a Legacy Bios, so I'm not sure why I was getting this message.

When I entered the boot menu to install Windows, I had initially selected the option that said UEFI Device: SMI USB DISK 1100.

But when that didn't work, I tried another option called "SMI USB DISK 1100" thinking that might bypass the UEFI confusion.

When I chose that option it allowed me to start installing Windows, but it sat at 0% installation for a long time before reverting to the beginning of the process, and after that it gave me the same error, that I couldn't install on the disk as mentioned above.

So after that I tried to just boot the computer up normally, and I began getting the message:

"the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error Windows installation cannot proceed." So now I am stuck in the this loop where it always says that when the USB media is not attached to the computer.

I tried to use the command prompt to fix the registry, but it did not have a Status section under Setup, and when I tried to add "HKLocal machine/SYSTEM/SETUP/STATUS/ChildCompletion", it appeared to work, but then was gone when I checked after I got the start up error again.

I also tried to reset the BIOS in set up, but that also did nothing.

Not sure what to do now, since my computer doesn't like the installation media I created, and I can't seem to change how it's booting.

Any advice at all would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

:)

unicornwasp, Oct 22, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Windows installation loop - tried everything, what now?

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows installation loop - tried everything, what now?

1. Windows installation loop - tried everything, what now? - Similar Threads - installation loop tried

2. Apps not installing tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not installing tried everything: When I try to install Minecraft it doesn’t want to install and just puts errors in my face, I own the game and I just got a new computer. I’m using the same account so I think it would work. I need to install Minecraft. when I try to download it again it said a code...
  3. Apps not installing tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not installing tried everything: When I try to install Minecraft it doesn’t want to install and just puts errors in my face, I own the game and I just got a new computer. I’m using the same account so I think it would work. I need to install Minecraft. when I try to download it again it said a code...
  4. Recent Auto Repair Loop, now only boots in Safe Mode - have tried what I think is everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Auto Repair Loop, now only boots in Safe Mode - have tried what I think is everything: In the middle of my May HP Pavillion i5 with a replaced HD about 5 years ago running Windows 10 originally built with 8.1 started going into an automatic repair loop. There were 3 updates on May 12 which I worked to remove after disabling auto-updates. Now I get various...
  5. Recent Auto Repair Loop, now only boots in Safe Mode - have tried what I think is everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Auto Repair Loop, now only boots in Safe Mode - have tried what I think is everything: In the middle of my May HP Pavillion i5 with a replaced HD about 5 years ago running Windows 10 originally built with 8.1 started going into an automatic repair loop. There were 3 updates on May 12 which I worked to remove after disabling auto-updates. Now I get various...
  6. Recent Auto Repair Loop, now only boots in Safe Mode - have tried what I think is everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. 0xc000021a BSOD Loop // Tried Literally Everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc000021a BSOD Loop // Tried Literally Everything: Hello,Over the past year or so my gaming PC has been subjected to the occasional BSOD, usually I just uninstall unnecessary 3rd party apps and my PC is fine. The usual stop code I receive is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. But last week when I received a BSOD I got that exact stop...
  8. I tried to install windows 10 and now it's refreshing in a loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I tried to install windows 10 and now it's refreshing in a loop: I installed it and while I was trying to create an account it froze and since then it's restarting in a loop. I searched on the internet but I can't do anything because the account is a default one and I don't have the password to sign in submitted by /u/_SweetCinnamon...
  9. Automatic Repair Loop- I've tried everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop- I've tried everything: Hello. At this point, I don't know what else to do. I'm really close to throw my pc out of the window.. Due to the coronavirus , we're now all working from home. I have really really really important things to take care of and my computer decided to enter Automatic Repair...
  10. Help! Windows start up loop! Tried everything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help! Windows start up loop! Tried everything.: I’m not too knowledgeable when it comes to computers so please be understanding. I recently noticed that whenever I turn on my windows 10 (which runs lenovo) I get an error that says ‘your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart...’ after that completes it then relaunches...