Windows 10: Windows installation loops When pressed any key to boot from CD/DVD/USB

Discus and support Windows installation loops When pressed any key to boot from CD/DVD/USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Cannot find a solution. Lots of chatter, Disk runs, Windows logo comes up, little circle goes round and round then black screen, hit any button to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CLedfo, Dec 2, 2018.

1. CLedfo Win User

Windows installation loops When pressed any key to boot from CD/DVD/USB

Cannot find a solution. Lots of chatter, Disk runs, Windows logo comes up, little circle goes round and round then black screen, hit any button to boot from disk, usb and windows hell starts all over. I am using Windows 10/ Home DVD. I have tried multiple disk drives, internal external, changed the boot parameters to every setting possible, date, time, language correct. I am sure there is someone out there from a neighboring planet that has a solution, you can be my best friend forever. Thanks

***Modified title Original: Clean install Windows 10 Logo loop problem ***

:)

CLedfo, Dec 2, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Windows 10 USB Clean Installation Reboot Loop

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If you are unable to boot to the computer then I would suggest you to create installation media and then try to perform automatic repair and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Create ISO for Windows 10

You may also refer to the article mentioned below to for downloading Windows 10 on your computer.

Download Windows 10

Step 2: Perform an Automatic repair

The Automatic repair can detect and fix the issues that prevent the computer from working normally.

After you have a Windows 10 installation disc/USB, follow these steps:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM
      (in case you create DVD). Select USB in case you create USB.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press
      any key to boot from CD or DVD
      ". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and
      then click Startup Repair.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Boot loop after performing System Reset.

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the boot loop issue, let me assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and perform automatic repair using Media creation tool and check if it helps.

Step 1: Create ISO for Windows 10

Refer to the below link to create Windows 10 ISO.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Step 2: Perform an Automatic repair

The Automatic repair can detect and fix the issues that prevent the computer from working normally. After you have a Windows 10 installation disc/USB, follow these steps:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM (in case you create DVD). Select USB in case you
      create USB.

• After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Startup Repair.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows installation loops When pressed any key to boot from CD/DVD/USB - Similar Threads - installation loops pressed

2. my computer isn't boot from usb drive or cd / dvd and ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer isn't boot from usb drive or cd / dvd and ...: In the name of GODhello EVERYONE!I need to your help to install a windows by flash drive .__ I bootabled a usb to install windows from usb . it's working on other computers and i installed windows in other computers but not working in my computer __ I tryed to install windows...
  3. my computer isn't boot from usb drive or cd / dvd and ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer isn't boot from usb drive or cd / dvd and ...: In the name of GODhello EVERYONE!I need to your help to install a windows by flash drive .__ I bootabled a usb to install windows from usb . it's working on other computers and i installed windows in other computers but not working in my computer __ I tryed to install windows...
  4. I can't install Windows from USB or CD/DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install Windows from USB or CD/DVD: Whenever I put in USB or CD/DVD they don't show up in boot options... USB once showed and when I pressed on it, it said something like there is no Windows installation on this hardware, but there is. I need help again*Sad 171645
  5. infinite boot loop when fresh installing windows from a usb

infinite boot loop when fresh installing windows from a usb: I just built a new pc and was trying to install windows form a usb, i get through the setup and get to where I select a language, keyboard, etc. At that point the computer restarts and takes me back to the select language screen. I can enter bios and it does not restart. How...
  6. HELP! PC Stuck in boot loop - Recovery USB & CD/DVD Not Booting..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP! PC Stuck in boot loop - Recovery USB & CD/DVD Not Booting..: Hi, I was video editing when my PC decided to display a 'blue screen of death' message with the error code "Npfs.SYS". The PC then did not boot to the installed OS drive, so I inserted the Installation CD/DVD to initiate the troubleshooting/restart/re-install/SafeMode...
  7. "Press any key to boot from CD" does NOT work

in Windows 10 Support
    "Press any key to boot from CD" does NOT work: Today I created a recovery disk for EaseUS todo and when I went to check it, I could NOT get it to boot. I was able to get to the window that says "Press any key to boot from a CD/DVD". Nothing happens. I even checked it with the DVD that was used to install Windows 10,...
  8. press any key to boot from floppy.

press any key to boot from floppy.: I wiped HDD on my 64 bit 10 Pro desktop now unable to reinstall 10 pro. No OS now.. Can I use my 32 bit Vista Home Premium to create installation media for 10 pro 64 bit. I have digital licence for 10 pro. Sam...
  9. Boot from CD/DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot from CD/DVD: I need to run the gparted (Linux app) booting from the CDROM. Now I do not find the option for booting from CD/DVD in windows 10 any more. I have done it before, but it seems to have disappeared in Windows 10. Any Ideas? 59956
  10. Boot From USB/DVD

Boot From USB/DVD: I am so confused I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I want to install/dual boot Windows 10 with Windows 8, but with the tutorial, there's so much Win 7/Win 8, 8.1 included that I'm crosseyed! HP Pavilion g Series Windows 8.1 Pro laptop with BIOS, not UEFI. I want...