Windows 10: Windows Installation Media USB Gives Can not verify signature error 0xc0000248

Discus and support Windows Installation Media USB Gives Can not verify signature error 0xc0000248 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am facing a very strange scenario and all searches on the internet have failed to get an answer on this. I am building a new PC and I have created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sabv, Apr 22, 2021.

1. sabv Win User

Windows Installation Media USB Gives Can not verify signature error 0xc0000248

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]I am facing a very strange scenario and all searches on the internet have failed to get an answer on this. I am building a new PC and I have created the USB installation media using the Microsoft Installation Medial creation tool. When I boot from this USB, it immediately gives this error 0xc0000248 Can not verify signature on this file.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]More puzzling is that it happens only with this PC and it works fine with other PCs.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]The motherboard is ASUS Prime Z390-P. I have tried two different USBs after downloading sounds crazy the media installation kit twice.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]I had installed Windows on this PC previously using the same windows version. However, one of the RAM sticks went bad and when I replaced it, Windows went into endless loop of "Automatic Repair" and "Your device had issue with Stop Code". So, I decided to reinstall windows.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]But now when I put installation media, it gives me "this error 0xc0000248 Can not verify signature on this file".[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]How do I reinstall windows on this device now? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]Thank you for your help.[/COLOR]

:)

2. DarkEgo Win User

Error when installing Win7

when Installing Windows 7 I get an error saying ""A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." What should I do to get Windows to install?

DarkEgo, Apr 22, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Windows Installation Media USB Gives Can not verify signature error 0xc0000248

Can't Install windows 10 from UEFI usb drive (Digital signature couldn't be verified)

When i'm trying to install windows 10 download from mediacrationtool using UEFI bootable usb, it just gives me a BSOD telling me that the digital signature couldn't be verified. I've tried redownloading windows installer and formatting the usb drive several
    times, but it didn't change anything. What should I do?

maximka2030, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows Installation Media USB Gives Can not verify signature error 0xc0000248

1. Windows Installation Media USB Gives Can not verify signature error 0xc0000248 - Similar Threads - Installation Media USB

2. Digital signature for this file couldnt be verified error 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital signature for this file couldnt be verified error 0xc0000428: Hi, I'm getting a blue screen with this error code. Full text as follows.."RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repaired.The digital signature for this file couldn't be verified. Error code: 0xc0000428You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media...
  3. Failed to verify digital signature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to verify digital signature: I am facing below issue please suggest me for the .sfc /scannow is done.windows update also done.How to fix the issue . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-verify-digital-signature/0a4dab46-487b-48b1-84fd-1b82b00af75e
  4. Failed to verify digital signature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to verify digital signature: I am facing below issue please suggest me for the .sfc /scannow is done.windows update also done.How to fix the issue . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-verify-digital-signature/0a4dab46-487b-48b1-84fd-1b82b00af75e
  5. usbvideo.inf: Signature cannot be verified.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usbvideo.inf: Signature cannot be verified.: I am trying to get a USB webcam to work for our CIO's laptop. The webcam was previously working but now isn't.The webcam should work just with the generic Microsoft drivers, and it does on my machine. Both machines are pretty freshly deployed. The issue with the non-working...
  6. usbvideo.inf: Signature cannot be verified.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usbvideo.inf: Signature cannot be verified.: I am trying to get a USB webcam to work for our CIO's laptop. The webcam was previously working but now isn't.The webcam should work just with the generic Microsoft drivers, and it does on my machine. Both machines are pretty freshly deployed. The issue with the non-working...
  7. Windows Defender Error 577, Cannot verify the digital signature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Error 577, Cannot verify the digital signature: [ATTACH]When a hardware or software is installed and does not come with a digitally […] This article Windows Defender Error 577, Cannot verify the digital signature first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Verify Windows 10 installation media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Verify Windows 10 installation media: Is there any way to verify integrity of Windows 10 installation usb stick? I'm using old usb drive and it might not work properly. Or can I at least be sure that fresh installation (using this usb stick) on hard drive won't be corrupted? I mean it's ok if I get errors during...
  9. Error: Failed to verify signature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: Failed to verify signature: Hello, I just recently update my windows pro last week update 2004 Ever since then windows keep showing annoying message "Error: Failed to verify signature" [ATTACH] I realized it often pop up when I click on Windows File Explorer on my task bar. Can one help...?...
  10. Can't Install windows 10 from UEFI usb drive (Digital signature couldn't be verified)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Install windows 10 from UEFI usb drive (Digital signature couldn't be verified): When i'm trying to install windows 10 download from mediacrationtool using UEFI bootable usb, it just gives me a BSOD telling me that the digital signature couldn't be verified. I've tried redownloading windows installer and formatting the usb drive several times, but it...